The Student Room Group

Ran away!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emma122
also why not wait till you both finish university, surely its worth getting your education first

What if they harm us?
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
What if they harm us?

well I don't know the ins and outs, do you think its a possibility, if so then go to the police, legally they cannot do anything as you are both adults
Original post by Emma122
also why not wait till you both finish university, surely its worth getting your education first

they can still get their education even while married

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Nigeria is mos' probs' more dangerous than either of yours' fam.
Reply 44
Original post by donutaud15
they can still get their education even while married

Posted from TSR Mobile

not if they gallivant off to Nigeria
Reply 45
Troll.
I dont understand what's wrong with nigeria. I'm from there, its an uncommon place to go but isn't bad. and come on serious? Tunisia over Nigeria??? some people on here disgust me...
Original post by Emma122
not if they gallivant off to Nigeria

they can come back? Same thing even if they finish uni anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arketec
Nigeria is mos' probs' more dangerous than either of yours' fam.

not really.
Reply 49
Original post by donutaud15
they can come back? Same thing even if they finish uni anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's true, I just think maybe Nigeria is not the best place, they are young and need to be secure in what they are doing, can't imagine what a culture shock Nigeria will be, not sure how safe it is either
Reply 50
Original post by jennifer.tariah
not really.

You don't think Nigeria is dangerous?
Reply 51
I dont understand what's wrong with nigeria. I'm from there, its an uncommon place to go but isn't bad. and come on serious? Tunisia over Nigeria??? some people on here disgust me...

I don't get it either o_O. I mean, it's definitely not a paradise or equal to paris or something but you won't get kidnapped or killed right off the bat. Geez.
Reply 52
Original post by Emma122
I would not go to Nigeria, I would go somewhere where you are secure in the language and culture, where have you been before holiday or living wise??

Nigerians speak English.
Reply 53
Original post by alis-volatpropriis
Please don't go to Nigeria. Anywhere but there. Its definitely not a safe place unless you have a lot of money. Some of the people there will perceive you as an easy target because you're foreigners and expect you to have money. Are your parents threatening to kill you? Why not simply move out of your family home, stay at university. Wait until you and your boyfriend both graduate, then get married? At least you'll both have advanced qualifications.

Nigerians won't target her wtf. There are Indians and Chinese people allover Nigeria,.
Reply 54

there is nothing wrong with Nigeria, but I am guessing its quite different culturally then the UK?, and like any country if you don't know what you are doing it can be dangerous, things like being scammed and stuff, happens everywhere, anyone who is looking for vulnerable people will go straight for the people that obviously are new to the country.

preparation is key, they just need to be sure they know the ins and outs first.
Reply 55

I agree. I'm from Nigeria and the comments on here are ridiculous :/
Original post by Arketec
You don't think Nigeria is dangerous?

well, living there for half of my life, i say its safer than here. and i lived in the poorest area in my city. i knew everyone back there so if anything happened they would help you. but here, its so Every man for themselves. which is terrible. i think that makes here even more dangerous
Reply 57
Original post by xoflower
Nigerians speak English.

really, I am not familiar with Nigeria, is English the main language? in terms of language barriers I suppose most places speak English now.
You've supposedly 'run away' with your friend and the most important thing that comes to your mind is to come on TSR and see what's poppin. Seems legit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending