The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Pharmacy uclan 2014

Has anyone had an interview for uclan for the year 2014?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Bloomingdales
Has anyone had an interview for uclan for the year 2014?

yes I've got one for the 11th of november
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Do you mean December? Lol
Do you mean December? Lol

Hey ! I got one that day too
Reply 4
Cool! When did you hear back? I heard back the two days after I sent my application off been trying to find someone who has an interview on the same day!lol
Reply 5
oh yeh sorry. when have you got it?????????
Reply 6
Cool! When did you hear back? I heard back the two days after I sent my application off been trying to find someone who has an interview on the same day!lol

they replied 3 days after for me. Is urs on the 11th of December aswell?
Reply 7
Hey yeah it is. Rather surprised I got called for an interview
Reply 8
Hi! I've got an interview too! How are you going to dress guys? :smile:
Reply 9
Smart..! But not job smart lol! How have you been preparing? Any idea what it will be like? I'm scared!
Reply 10
I got through all the topics with 'uclan pharmacy interview' in name :biggrin:
There is some information about how the interviews looked like in previous years :smile:
Reply 11
Have you all got your interview day email? About the times and what the day holds for US?
Reply 12
Hey guys I've got one too on the same date aswell! Is it just an interview? Because I've read in previous years they've had tests too?? Also dyou guys know what kinds of questions they might ask?? Thanks and good luck everyone!!
Reply 13
Hi they should have emailed you by now what the day holds for us! If not ask them to! We have a group interview and a scientific/maths test aswell as an essay
Reply 14
Crap I forgot to click on the itinerary tab in the email!! Completely freaking out about the tests now!! And what's the short written piece all about?? Any info would be appreciated!!
Reply 15
Does it say personal attributes on yours?
Reply 16
Yep, is that just the stuff you wrote on your ps?
Reply 17
Yeah that's all! Good luck!
Reply 18
Hi. I had my interview for Pharmacy at Uclan on the 20th November and got an offer :smile: The interview is really informal. All they will ask you is why do you want to be a pharmacist, what do you think you will enjoy the most on the course, what do you think you will be good at as a pharmacist and what do you think you won't be so good at.
The test was ok overall. There were some hard chemistry calculations on finding the concentration of buffer solutions and it gave the ml and mM(?) in the question. I couldn't identify the functional group(apparently it was an amine group), but the other maths questions were alright. Also, you'll get a picture of the back of a medicine packet and there will be some multiple choice questions about the maximum dosage that can be taken,etc. The answers will be in the text.
Our 15 minute essay question was- 'what is the role of a Pharmacist and what qualities do you have that will attribute to this.
Then they'll put up a picture-ours was on a homeless man sat on a pavement with two dogs- and you have to discuss it with the lecturer as a group.
Good luck!
Reply 19
Just wondering are you taking a btec or alevels? The people who have interviews on 11th are you doing btec? As I was wondering if the btec applicants are given a different to Alevel applicants test? Also did they tell you about essay beforehand when they sent out the email about the interview day?

Much appreciated for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest