The Student Room Group

Why do so many members here seem to have women trouble?

Why do so many members here seem to have women trouble?

If you are a white guy, you should have no problem getting a girl in the UK regardless of how you look.

This for a fact, women from foreign countries look up to us. White girls might be a bit difficult as their standards might be a bit high but trust me, other races, you will find it easier.

If you want a girlfriend that bad, go for a girl of a different culture - an international girl would make it a lot easier.

Been going out with a chinese international girl. She didn't play hard to get like the white girls which I attempted to date lol.
Its funny because she is more attractive (in terms of personality and looks) than the white girls that I tried to get with

The media is on our side. Know for a fact that we have an advantage when it comes to women
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Plot twist: The chinese girl you're going out with is actually a man. :smile:
Reply 2
Great advice! Yeah you should all stop whinging and go and buy a girlfriend, the chinese ones are so cheap! Doesn't matter if you don't actually like them, just take 'em, you're insecure and don't have standards right?

Spoiler

how's everyone doing today?
lol at this thread, don't know where to start
Reply 5
Original post by Zakee
Plot twist: The chinese girl you're going out with is actually a man. :smile:

Trust me, its a girl :wink:
And its funny how she is actually more attractive than the white girls that I tried to get with, both personality and looks
Original post by liamjjohnson
She didn't play hard to get like the white girls which I attempted to date lol.

In the OP's case, this.

Oh the joy of irony. Priceless.
lol. Great advice xD
Reply 8
Sampling bias
Reply 9
Maybe the white girls weren't playing hard to get - they just weren't interested.

You're perfectly entitled to preferring certain traits in women, you are also likely to have become more attracted to the person you're seeing during the time you have been seeing them, so you equally may have felt the same about a white girl.

Many people find the culture gap difficult in starting an intimate relationship with someone from a foreign country. It's always easier if you can relate to them more i.e. same culture.
Reply 10
Girls from other races? I will bear this in mind. I've always taken a bit of fancy to asian girls. :blush:
Original post by Bassetts
Girls from other races? I will bear this in mind. I've always taken a bit of fancy to asian girls. :blush:

:dancing2:
ha ha ha ha ha
Reply 13
In today's society in first world countries women are increasingly holding all the cards. The dating game - or courting, as it were - had passed from generations largely unchanged for centuries. Much less time for romance when your time is split between farming and praying. Fighting off illnesses were a full time job, and your levels of success depended upon how many, out of the kids you could knock out, would survive. So get busy! Then there are the steady increments of modernisation through the Industrial revolution; mostly for the rich who could now afford a couple's retreat for two in some remote Victorian health spa, whilst I can only imagine the urban slums made for a bountiful breeding ground.

Then in the last 50 years... bang. Permissivity was one huge bomb, just chucked into most societies of the first world during the 60s. Game had changed; well, sort of. Whilst women still had to be kept white for their wedding day, a bachelor transformed from the sad and lonely image of a romantically inept, socially desolate pitiful loner into a mischievious jack-the-;lad, a coming of age process, an enviable cad, top points scorer in the game of 'manhood'. Then, a much slower burn, you get the equalising of women's rights. Now, just try and marry the traditional concepts of the male and female; men as protectors, providers, owners, landlords, financiers, directors, commanders, foundations and thus supreme head of their housholds to the rather unimportant job of unwanted sperm donor. You take away their control or at least their powerful infliuence and men no longer control relationships at all. It's hard for plenty of men to make sense of their position in a bewildering landscape.

If women are forging their own careers and recently for the first time ever more women are in higher education and employment, meaning women on average as a whole will be the better employed, higher skilled, higher paid and more important component of the workforce, and that given all the dangers of nature both human or otherwise are kept at all times at by by various mechanisms of safekeeping, then men have nothing to protect from and lesser means to provide for. It also leaves women in a bit of a fix. They *desire* the old school take-charge rough and tumble, but in reality they need someone who functions in this new arena, and it's not really possible to have both.
Nice little fantasy eworld you got going OP
Reply 15
Original post by Endo

+up
Reply 16
White girls have high standards? No, they certainly do not.
Original post by Endo
In today's society in first world countries women are increasingly holding all the cards. The dating game - or courting, as it were - had passed from generations largely unchanged for centuries. Much less time for romance when your time is split between farming and praying. Fighting off illnesses were a full time job, and your levels of success depended upon how many, out of the kids you could knock out, would survive. So get busy! Then there are the steady increments of modernisation through the Industrial revolution; mostly for the rich who could now afford a couple's retreat for two in some remote Victorian health spa, whilst I can only imagine the urban slums made for a bountiful breeding ground.

Then in the last 50 years... bang. Permissivity was one huge bomb, just chucked into most societies of the first world during the 60s. Game had changed; well, sort of. Whilst women still had to be kept white for their wedding day, a bachelor transformed from the sad and lonely image of a romantically inept, socially desolate pitiful loner into a mischievious jack-the-;lad, a coming of age process, an enviable cad, top points scorer in the game of 'manhood'. Then, a much slower burn, you get the equalising of women's rights. Now, just try and marry the traditional concepts of the male and female; men as protectors, providers, owners, landlords, financiers, directors, commanders, foundations and thus supreme head of their housholds to the rather unimportant job of unwanted sperm donor. You take away their control or at least their powerful infliuence and men no longer control relationships at all. It's hard for plenty of men to make sense of their position in a bewildering landscape.

If women are forging their own careers and recently for the first time ever more women are in higher education and employment, meaning women on average as a whole will be the better employed, higher skilled, higher paid and more important component of the workforce, and that given all the dangers of nature both human or otherwise are kept at all times at by by various mechanisms of safekeeping, then men have nothing to protect from and lesser means to provide for. It also leaves women in a bit of a fix. They *desire* the old school take-charge rough and tumble, but in reality they need someone who functions in this new arena, and it's not really possible to have both.

I sometimes feel I live in a completely different universe to some of the people on this site. I genuinely don't recognise this worldview at all.

I've asked out women I liked, sometimes it's worked, sometimes it hasn't. I've had good relationships, bad relationships, and am now with someone I really care about and it works. Somehow all without reference to these enormous socio-historical concepts of shifting gender relations. I don't know, people basically want to love and be loved. That hasn't changed. All this stuff about women holding the cards just sounds like excuses.

I'm looking out the window as it's kicking-out time at the local church. Seems to be plenty of couples - some good-looking, most average looking, all getting on perfectly well.

I think everyone should try and see the world more positively, it would genuinely help.
Reply 18
Original post by Lotus_Eater
I sometimes feel I live in a completely different universe to some of the people on this site. I genuinely don't recognise this worldview at all.

I've asked out women I liked, sometimes it's worked, sometimes it hasn't. I've had good relationships, bad relationships, and am now with someone I really care about and it works. Somehow all without reference to these enormous socio-historical concepts of shifting gender relations. I don't know, people basically want to love and be loved. That hasn't changed. All this stuff about women holding the cards just sounds like excuses.

I'm looking out the window as it's kicking-out time at the local church. Seems to be plenty of couples - some good-looking, most average looking, all getting on perfectly well.

I think everyone should try and see the world more positively, it would genuinely help.

I know it might sound like a clichéd about-turn denial but it's not my worldview either; I'm just expressing somewhat, a view which I know is prevalent and that I understand even if I don't subscribe to. I never once felt compelled by conventional demands and I ended up doing just fine, but I know alot do. So many lads I knew turned into dickheads when they got of an age to start believing they could (and should try to) impress women. Nauseating, vapid, self-aggrandizing territorial bullsh*t alot of the time. When you strip away all that crap they're still good lads underneath, most of them, who want what you described - companionship, happiness, understanding and so on.

But if it were that easy no-one would feel depressed, or lonely, or isolated or unloved. We do because the hardest part, for the most part, is the extended 'breaking the ice' when you're not on sure footing, desperate not to give too much of yourself away lest that scare someoene off, and most vulnerable to (and likely to) play by conventional wisdom's 'rules of behaviour'. People try and do what they *think* should be done or what they *expect* will impress people, and what I'm saying is those definitions are outdated for the 'traditional man' role and that gives some lads difficulty in trying to meet girls, so-to-speak, as they can only manage a cobbled together persona at first, and when that persona is more of an offensive dickhead than a charming jack-the-lad it really harms their chances :P
Reply 19

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending