The Student Room Group

Sports Science Applicants 2014

Greetings all! Just wondering what universities have you guys applied for sports and exercise science course :wink:

I will be applying for

1) Edinburgh
2) Exeter
3) Glasgow
4) Loborough
5) Lincoln / Plymouth
Original post by EilLudwig
Greetings all! Just wondering what universities have you guys applied for sports and exercise science course :wink:

I will be applying for

1) Edinburgh
2) Exeter
3) Glasgow
4) Loborough
5) Lincoln / Plymouth

I have applied for:
1-Birmingham
2- cardiff met
3- loughbourgh
4- Swansea
5- Portsmouth
Reply 2
Original post by hannahhdavey
I have applied for:
1-Birmingham
2- cardiff met
3- loughbourgh
4- Swansea
5- Portsmouth

Hey :smile: we can bump into each other if we end up in loughborough! Did you research on your other choices before making your decision?
Hey :smile: we can bump into each other if we end up in loughborough! Did you research on your other choices before making your decision?

Haha! Yeah I did research other unis. Thought about bath and Lincoln! I live just outside of Exeter so I didn't conisder it! I've up to the campo loads and it's so nice! :smile:
Reply 4
Haha! Yeah I did research other unis. Thought about bath and Lincoln! I live just outside of Exeter so I didn't conisder it! I've up to the campo loads and it's so nice! :smile:

Hahaha! Yes bath's sports science seems good too but the course structure doesn't appeal to me as much as the others. Everyone says Lincoln's a nice place :smile: Exeter's my dream Uni! Lucky you :tongue:
Hahaha! Yes bath's sports science seems good too but the course structure doesn't appeal to me as much as the others. Everyone says Lincoln's a nice place :smile: Exeter's my dream Uni! Lucky you :tongue:

I didn't really like bath! Exeter is lovely so hope you get in! I live Exmouth if you know where that is :tongue: what subjects are you doing?
Reply 6
I didn't really like bath! Exeter is lovely so hope you get in! I live Exmouth if you know where that is :tongue: what subjects are you doing?

Haha! Thanks sweets:smile: I will get my diploma in business informatics next year (early 2014). I guess the modules taken are pretty irrelevant since its a mixture of business and IT. Gonna have a talk with my overseas education councillor later so fingers crossed :tongue: I am prepared that i have to start from year 1 though hehehe :damnmate:
Reply 7
I've applied for: Swansea, herfordshire, bangor, chester and aberystwyth.
Reply 8
Original post by sekm
I've applied for: Swansea, herfordshire, bangor, chester and aberystwyth.

Hey :smile: mind if i ask why so many people applied for sports science at swansea?
Reply 9
Hey :smile: mind if i ask why so many people applied for sports science at swansea?

I don't know about anyone else but to me the city looks beautiful and the fact that it's near a beach is awesome. I've read positive reviews and the uni has a fair amount of links within the sports/fitness industry. The course content isn't my favourite compared to the other unis but it still looks enjoyable. Plus, it's moved to 5th place on the guardian league tables, far away from home and the sports facilities look yummy :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by sekm
I don't know about anyone else but to me the city looks beautiful and the fact that it's near a beach is awesome. I've read positive reviews and the uni has a fair amount of links within the sports/fitness industry. The course content isn't my favourite compared to the other unis but it still looks enjoyable. Plus, it's moved to 5th place on the guardian league tables, far away from home and the sports facilities look yummy :smile:

Oh gosh!! It sounds appealing from your description :tongue: I might change my choice of Lincoln or Glasgow to Swansea!! Have to admit that the year 1 modules seems kinda dull as compared to the others! But at least they have Human nutrition and coaching science which is one of the important criteria:wink:
Reply 11
Oh gosh!! It sounds appealing from your description :tongue: I might change my choice of Lincoln or Glasgow to Swansea!! Have to admit that the year 1 modules seems kinda dull as compared to the others! But at least they have Human nutrition and coaching science which is one of the important criteria:wink:

Hahaha really?? Hmmm I might consider being a salesman now :smile: Yeah I know, that's the downer. What career are you aiming towards?
Reply 12
Original post by sekm
Hahaha really?? Hmmm I might consider being a salesman now :smile: Yeah I know, that's the downer. What career are you aiming towards?

hahaha! OH WAIT! Did you realize that Swansea's sports science is under college of engineering? I thought it's supposed to be under science :confused: I want to be a fitness instructor hehe what about you?
Reply 13
hahaha! OH WAIT! Did you realize that Swansea's sports science is under college of engineering? I thought it's supposed to be under science :confused: I want to be a fitness instructor hehe what about you?

Yeaahh, I had a wtf moment when I clocked on. That's what I thought too. Aaaah nice :smile: I want to be a Sports and Exercise Psychologist/personal trainer...I think.
Reply 14
Original post by sekm
Yeaahh, I had a wtf moment when I clocked on. That's what I thought too. Aaaah nice :smile: I want to be a Sports and Exercise Psychologist/personal trainer...I think.

Hahaha! yes! Somehow sports science just doesn't go with engineering:s-smilie:Personal Trainer is a good career :wink: Anyway i just got to know from my councilor that my chances of getting into Exeter is high! Feeling so excited:tongue:
Reply 15
Hahaha! yes! Somehow sports science just doesn't go with engineering:s-smilie:Personal Trainer is a good career :wink: Anyway i just got to know from my councilor that my chances of getting into Exeter is high! Feeling so excited:tongue:

I guess they want to be different :P Yaaaaaaay that's awesome, good luck dude!!:biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by sekm
I guess they want to be different :P Yaaaaaaay that's awesome, good luck dude!!:biggrin:

Yeah prolly haha! Thanks!! Hope you get into your first choice too:smile:
Reply 17
Yeah prolly haha! Thanks!! Hope you get into your first choice too:smile:

Thank you, enjoy the rest of your day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending