The Student Room Group

One Piece!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by llb.
Yeah man Nico Robin must know a lot now, especially about Dragon since she met him. I'm curious as to why nobody has talked about what they did in the past 2 years! Zoro's injured eye also must have a story!

Haha I was watching that part last night on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJkxlVjoEjk

Yeah Usopp was going to tell but Nami told him to hush and look out for monsters I swear I love that chick! She is way to mean. When Luffy meet Dragon I just have this whole vision him sticking his fingers in his nose and be all like 'So your my dad, cool" :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by AnimeCrazy
Oh my god! Someone that ACTUALLY thinks like I do! xD When Naruto was a kid it was AMAZING because everyone was in it and made sense the whole get Sasuke back, but years later it is just utter BS! After reading the manga two months ago the way Sasuke comes back.... I wanted to commit sucidide right there and then, and now the chapters are beyond dumb! Bleach was good right up to Rukia and then when the zanpacto arc came I stopped and didnt go back.

Oh I watched Death note as well :P Loved it, I;ve also watched FMA, but not Brotherhood, I plan to watch that soon, have you watched both? Which do you think is the best?

I died at the youtube click:P That was funny but this one tops it, only time Usopp did something useful :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K2DnVwx9r8 I LOVED this :P It was so FUNNY!

Yeah, Sasukes return was really stupid. It made everything that happened in between actually pointless. See I never knew about fillers, but after I found out about them I knew instantly which ones they were in Bleach and Naruto because they were horrible lol. Whereas One Piece I didn't know because I found the fillers interesting. I think the fact that they can go to any islands and meet people which has any power makes it so interesting.

I watched both by accident not knowing that brotherhood is based fully on the manga whereas FMA is fillers. FMA isn't that bad though, I would say it's naruto standards ending. Whereas FMAB is far better like 9/10. It's starts off slow till about episode 20, where everything kicks off. Definitely take your time with it though, I watched it quickly because I wanted to know because it was so interesting. Unlike Naruto and Bleach, when Fmab kicks off, it's just one interesting thing after another. It follows logic which makes it better. It has plot twists. The ending is philosophical and gets your thinking which s always interesting.

xD that video. The women and meat bit made me laugh lol. That reminds me of that scene where Jinbei is like ' be the hero of fisherman island' and luffy responds that he doesn't want to be a hero because hero share their meat. Then later on zoro says the exact same thing about booze lol

These 2 scenes crack me up : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtf2_ESk17I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5FiZeQYZXU

You watch any other good shows?
Original post by mannyq95
The reason why naruto is pure Bull**** now is that it feels like kishi hasn't really thought out the story like it feels like he's just writing the story to get it out the way like it's just a burden and he'd rather be doing something else like there isn't much character building like in one piece? The story seems rushed like after the 2year skip in naruto there was exactly 0 power ups and within 2-3 arcs naruto has had 3+ instantaneous power ups (sage mode , kyuubi mode, fusion) wherease one piece has a much more gradual way of developing each characters strength.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. I have a mate who thinks that Naruto is better then One Piece and says I am being bias. Then I simply state that if you actually watch both and compare, you will know which is better. The worst thing is he argues that One Piece is too complex which makes it bad. I think the complex part makes it the best because there are so many factors and it's not as simple as Naruto, where it's like 'Naruto always win, because it's his ninja way!' that crap can f off lol. Naruto's just too simple.

DBZ was one of the best before Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. They all got motivation from it and attempted to make a better manga. I think One Piece is the only one which has succeed in this. Naruto and Bleach are too simplistic.
Reply 43
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
Yeah, Sasukes return was really stupid. It made everything that happened in between actually pointless. See I never knew about fillers, but after I found out about them I knew instantly which ones they were in Bleach and Naruto because they were horrible lol. Whereas One Piece I didn't know because I found the fillers interesting. I think the fact that they can go to any islands and meet people which has any power makes it so interesting.

I watched both by accident not knowing that brotherhood is based fully on the manga whereas FMA is fillers. FMA isn't that bad though, I would say it's naruto standards ending. Whereas FMAB is far better like 9/10. It's starts off slow till about episode 20, where everything kicks off. Definitely take your time with it though, I watched it quickly because I wanted to know because it was so interesting. Unlike Naruto and Bleach, when Fmab kicks off, it's just one interesting thing after another. It follows logic which makes it better. It has plot twists. The ending is philosophical and gets your thinking which s always interesting.

xD that video. The women and meat bit made me laugh lol. That reminds me of that scene where Jinbei is like ' be the hero of fisherman island' and luffy responds that he doesn't want to be a hero because hero share their meat. Then later on zoro says the exact same thing about booze lol

These 2 scenes crack me up : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtf2_ESk17I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5FiZeQYZXU

You watch any other good shows?

Yeah Sasuke... I tell anyone that will listen to me that I hope he kills himself and saves the trouble of everyone in Konha who wants to kill him :P One piece fillers were amazing, I loved the Foxy fillers and then we meet him again, only this time Franky and Brook are in it! But the best filler for me was the G8! The one when they fell from the sky and landed bang in the middle of a marine fort, that was so funny :P Trust them to have that much bad luck!

Yeah I heard FMAB followed the manga, I will watch that in the summer as soon as college ends for me :P

Oh yeah and Nami is like I keep telling you both that is now how to define a hero! That was too much for me, I couldnt breathe, man I love Zoro and Luffy! They are so alike! Remember when they were fighting each other and Vivi was scared out of her mind, then nami comes out of nowhere and punches them so hard? that was BEAUTIFUL xD

Yeah I watch a lot, I also watched Beelzebub, which I loved the the ending was killed, even though the manga is still on-going and amazing! I hope they re-start it :P I also devoured Kurko-no-basket in 2 days! It was amazing, its a basketball anime thing :tongue: I am going to start hitman reborn and Gintama soon which was recommended to me! So you could say I have lot to catch up on!

What about you? Any other animes you watch?
Reply 44
Thank you. I have a mate who thinks that Naruto is better then One Piece and says I am being bias. Then I simply state that if you actually watch both and compare, you will know which is better. The worst thing is he argues that One Piece is too complex which makes it bad. I think the complex part makes it the best because there are so many factors and it's not as simple as Naruto, where it's like 'Naruto always win, because it's his ninja way!' that crap can f off lol. Naruto's just too simple.

DBZ was one of the best before Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. They all got motivation from it and attempted to make a better manga. I think One Piece is the only one which has succeed in this. Naruto and Bleach are too simplistic.

Yeah, I have a lot of debates between Naruto and one piece as well :P I was always a Naruto DIE hard fan, i use to laugh when people told me One piece was better, but now I know which is better! Like you said Naurto winning all the time is bs. I always say Luffy could take Naurto by using Haki on him :P Started a riot once and nearly got beat down by so many people.

DBZ was and always will be one of my fav, that is the animes if I am not mistaken everyone stated with :P!
Yeah Sasuke... I tell anyone that will listen to me that I hope he kills himself and saves the trouble of everyone in Konha who wants to kill him :P One piece fillers were amazing, I loved the Foxy fillers and then we meet him again, only this time Franky and Brook are in it! But the best filler for me was the G8! The one when they fell from the sky and landed bang in the middle of a marine fort, that was so funny :P Trust them to have that much bad luck!

Yeah I heard FMAB followed the manga, I will watch that in the summer as soon as college ends for me :P

Oh yeah and Nami is like I keep telling you both that is now how to define a hero! That was too much for me, I couldnt breathe, man I love Zoro and Luffy! They are so alike! Remember when they were fighting each other and Vivi was scared out of her mind, then nami comes out of nowhere and punches them so hard? that was BEAUTIFUL xD

Yeah I watch a lot, I also watched Beelzebub, which I loved the the ending was killed, even though the manga is still on-going and amazing! I hope they re-start it :P I also devoured Kurko-no-basket in 2 days! It was amazing, its a basketball anime thing :tongue: I am going to start hitman reborn and Gintama soon which was recommended to me! So you could say I have lot to catch up on!

What about you? Any other animes you watch?

Those! that arc with foxy and them landing in a marine base, I thought they were real. It seems like there are really interesting people in the one piece world. Like that marine who didn't just catch them straight, but challenged them. Same with Mihawk, Shanks and Whitebeard. Just so many interesting characters.

I think you'll like fmab. It's kind of like a movie, it's executed so well. I warn you though, there are sad moments - even for the enemy.

I've hard of beezlebub, but have no clue what it is. I'm assuming it's good from your description. What's it about? I think I know the basketball one, I have seen a picture before. Isn't it called like super dunk though? Or something along those lines. Hitman is good two, it does this friendship/family thing really well. Favourite character is Xanxus <3 You have no clue who that is, but when you hear mention of his name you'll see how epic he is. As for Gintama, that's a show I need to watch. I forgot the name, but I've seen the main character before and everyone says that it's good.

I've probably watched more but just can't remember. I think this is my list: naruto, bleach, one piece, khr, fairy tail, inu yasha, fmab, death note, soul eater, ao no exorcist and prince of tennis.

I probably forgot one or two. I don't recommend fairy tail. It's was interesting at first, but it seems like nothing ever happens towards revealing what happened to the dragons. Also the amount of fan service is stupid. Inu Yasha is a must. Story line is good, even though I haven't completed it. Soul eater is a show I really liked. It's ended now but I think the anime did a good job (despite it ending it filler style), but the manga ending was good. Defo watch Ao no exorcist, the idea for it is good. The only bad thing is it released like 1 chapter a month lol
Reply 46
To the people that like One piece I also recommend Toriko, it's one hell of a anime especially the latest arc.
Reply 47
Yeah Usopp was going to tell but Nami told him to hush and look out for monsters I swear I love that chick! She is way to mean. When Luffy meet Dragon I just have this whole vision him sticking his fingers in his nose and be all like 'So your my dad, cool" :biggrin::biggrin:

Haha yeah I can so see the picking the nose thing happening! Another possibility is that they have a small fight and end up falling asleep midway! :biggrin:
Reply 48
Yeah I never saw Gin coming. To be honest though, the writer never showed anything on Gin being good until after he committed the act which just made it seem like a last minute thing. I mean with Naruto and the truth about Itachi, all his actions suggested that the truth about him was true. You would like kenshin. I started liking samurai animes because I find the animations for them to watch so awesome. There's this movie called Stranger of the Sword which you can watch on youtube - I recommend it in English dub. It's actually really good.

Am I the only one who likes the Japanese voices over the English voices? In some shows anyway. fo Fmab and Inu Yasha, I didn't mind them.

I think looking back at all the Gin moments, you would notice the writer giving us hints here and there. I think it was well executed really.

Yeah I'll give it a watch. I prefer Japanese voices over the English ones. I agree Inuyasha has good English voices, but it's the only anime I've listened to in English.
Reply 49
Those! that arc with foxy and them landing in a marine base, I thought they were real. It seems like there are really interesting people in the one piece world. Like that marine who didn't just catch them straight, but challenged them. Same with Mihawk, Shanks and Whitebeard. Just so many interesting characters.

I think you'll like fmab. It's kind of like a movie, it's executed so well. I warn you though, there are sad moments - even for the enemy.

I've hard of beezlebub, but have no clue what it is. I'm assuming it's good from your description. What's it about? I think I know the basketball one, I have seen a picture before. Isn't it called like super dunk though? Or something along those lines. Hitman is good two, it does this friendship/family thing really well. Favourite character is Xanxus <3 You have no clue who that is, but when you hear mention of his name you'll see how epic he is. As for Gintama, that's a show I need to watch. I forgot the name, but I've seen the main character before and everyone says that it's good.

I've probably watched more but just can't remember. I think this is my list: naruto, bleach, one piece, khr, fairy tail, inu yasha, fmab, death note, soul eater, ao no exorcist and prince of tennis.

I probably forgot one or two. I don't recommend fairy tail. It's was interesting at first, but it seems like nothing ever happens towards revealing what happened to the dragons. Also the amount of fan service is stupid. Inu Yasha is a must. Story line is good, even though I haven't completed it. Soul eater is a show I really liked. It's ended now but I think the anime did a good job (despite it ending it filler style), but the manga ending was good. Defo watch Ao no exorcist, the idea for it is good. The only bad thing is it released like 1 chapter a month lol

Yeah one piece fillers always seem real to me, maybe it because everything fits SO well. Dont you love how everything connects? I mean there is the whole Buggy and Shanks are from Gold. D Rogers ship. Didnt you LOVE when Buggy meets Shanks again? Then he screams at him and all the inmates are singing his praises? God i love Buggy! And the whole Laboon arc? Who knew the man was Brook! That was so cool and how the man that looks after Laboon was part of Gold D rogers group? Man this why i love one piece! Mihawk is so funny, remember when he went to shanks to show him Luffys poster:P

Beelzebub is so good and funny xD Its about a delinquent and he is so strong :P He always fights strong people and his best friend is a smart weakling. One day a naked baby demon gets stuck on him and the only way he will let go of him is if he finds someone stronger then Oga :P Not to mention Beel the baby duty is to destroy the world! Its REALLY good.

Yeah I'll watch hitman real soon, I want to watch it, a lot of people told me it good, watched the first 2 episodes ages ago, still remember how funny it was :biggrin:

How could I forget Fairy tail? Yeah I am up to the manga, its annoying me, I hate how the dude will NEVER kill main characters! I wasted tears for Lisaana and what does she do? Comes back! Allow my life now. Yeah there is always some new waste arc that kill it whenever the dragons are mentioned! Are you up to date with the manga?

Not sure i think the Slam dunk is the English version, but its really good and funny! i recommend it :P I cant think of anymore but it will come to me
Yeah one piece fillers always seem real to me, maybe it because everything fits SO well. Dont you love how everything connects? I mean there is the whole Buggy and Shanks are from Gold. D Rogers ship. Didnt you LOVE when Buggy meets Shanks again? Then he screams at him and all the inmates are singing his praises? God i love Buggy! And the whole Laboon arc? Who knew the man was Brook! That was so cool and how the man that looks after Laboon was part of Gold D rogers group? Man this why i love one piece! Mihawk is so funny, remember when he went to shanks to show him Luffys poster:P

Beelzebub is so good and funny xD Its about a delinquent and he is so strong :P He always fights strong people and his best friend is a smart weakling. One day a naked baby demon gets stuck on him and the only way he will let go of him is if he finds someone stronger then Oga :P Not to mention Beel the baby duty is to destroy the world! Its REALLY good.

Yeah I'll watch hitman real soon, I want to watch it, a lot of people told me it good, watched the first 2 episodes ages ago, still remember how funny it was :biggrin:

How could I forget Fairy tail? Yeah I am up to the manga, its annoying me, I hate how the dude will NEVER kill main characters! I wasted tears for Lisaana and what does she do? Comes back! Allow my life now. Yeah there is always some new waste arc that kill it whenever the dragons are mentioned! Are you up to date with the manga?

Not sure i think the Slam dunk is the English version, but its really good and funny! i recommend it :P I cant think of anymore but it will come to me

That made me laugh with Shanks and Buggy. What I found hilarious is when I found out he became a shichibukai xD I was just there like 'wait, what?!'. That's exactly what I love about One Piece. There is so much going on, whereas with Naruto and Bleach it just focuses on the main character only. That's why I think they have failed to do better or come close to dragon ballz. Remember the first time Sanji saw his poster xD This scene makes me laugh the most though, especially the first time I saw it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rrutAj4m84

I'll give that a watch. I've seen that baby around a lot. I thought it was baby Zoro XD. I'll watch Gintama first though, I've seen a game with him in it so it must be popular. Sadly I can't stop myself from reading the manga >< I always see it on the site I go to and figure a quick read will be good. What I dislike is how they just keep winning all the time. It's like they will get beaten at the beginning, then somehow they win in the end. All the freakin time. It's just the same thing again and again. I want to know what happened to the dragons, how Zeref knows Natsu and a bunch of other things. But it's never really explained.

I'm assuming it will be like prince of tennis but basketball version right? Prince of tennis was so cool the first time I watched it. They do awesome shots! What you should consider reading though is satan666 by the naruto makers brother. I actually thought his work was really good. His story is short and nice. No fillers or nothing. Interesting powers too

Edit: this to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmMyspzfAxw There are too many funny scenes in one piece lol
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 52
for people who read the one piece manga, tommorow the new chapter HAS THE BIGGEST PLOT TWIST EVER !!!
Reply 53
LOVE One piece. Zoro FTW
Original post by 02simm
for people who read the one piece manga, tommorow the new chapter HAS THE BIGGEST PLOT TWIST EVER !!!

How do you know that? It hasn't come out yet.
Reply 55
Original post by 02simm

YES! I agree, how the hell do you know :O Its not even out yet! OMG now I cant even wait for it to come out :mad:
YES! I agree, how the hell do you know :O Its not even out yet! OMG now I cant even wait for it to come out :mad:

I found I but didn't read it. It's not with the images, just a translation Doflamingo is a dic-k
Reply 57
Original post by 02simm

Spoiler

Reply 58
I found I but didn't read it. It's not with the images, just a translation Doflamingo is a dic-k

Omfg I read a spoiler oh **** this is going to be BIG.
H*ly Fuking ****. I did not see that coming. I hope Luffy beats the **** out of Doflamingo for that. Why?! Why?! I liked him. It could have been the start of something awesome nooooo! :'( Doflamingo you b*stard! I'll enter the one piece world and deal with him.

I want to know who dora san is. I want to know why Doflamingo did all this.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest