The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Why would your life ambition be set on being a librarian?:lol:

Anyway, English Literature, History, a language (or two/classics)!

I know it's not much but I like the peace and quiet of a library, among other reasons.
I have English Language and Economics. Will it do?
Original post by Snowglobes
I know it's not much but I like the peace and quiet of a library, among other reasons.
I have English Language and Economics. Will it do?

If I'm honest I don't think you need many qualifications. But they probably like degrees in a humanity.

Why ask if you've already chosen? What did you choose:
If I'm honest I don't think you need many qualifications. But they probably like degrees in a humanity.

Why ask if you've already chosen? What did you choose:

I asked because I could still switch my subjects. I have Economics, Eng Lang, Business Studies.
Original post by Snowglobes
I asked because I could still switch my subjects. I have Economics, Eng Lang, Business Studies.

Oh :erm:

Don't do business, definitely not.

Classics/French/German/Spanish/Italian/History
Reply 7024
Haven't posted on here in ages lmao hi guys
Original post by Mr.Nor
Haven't posted on here in ages lmao hi guys

Hey, neither have I :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7026
Original post by blamethenargles
I'll go and find a good confundus charm for them, I own my own wand :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh, that sounds good :biggrin: And do you! :eek: I want one! At the moment I just pretend my toothbrush is a wand :tongue: And I was casting Aguamenti wandlessly in the shower :mmm:
Math C2 disk isn't working...

:woo:
proof by induction wtf
Original post by Bude8
proof by induction wtf

Of all I've done, it is the thing I can't do :tongue:
If anyone can guess how many followers I have all together I will give them that much in pounds :mmm:
If anyone can guess how many followers I have all together I will give them that much in pounds :mmm:

I'd like to point out that you didn't specify that I had to be correct :pierre:
Original post by MangoFreak

I'd like to point out that you didn't specify that I had to be correct :pierre:

Over 250k :tongue:

I didn't specify what material I'd give you :colone:
Reply 7033
Original post by Bude8
proof by induction wtf

Proof :s-smilie: :hide: .. proof by contradiction, now that's where it's at :lol:
Original post by JackTeh96
Anyone doing Decision Math? how do you find it?

I'm self-teaching D1! I'm really enjoying it so far, currently halfway through chapter 5 and nothing so far has been tricky. How about you?
Reply 7035
Guys, please be honest. Do I have enough time to turn my grades around before the exams? I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle here... I havent been on the ball for A levels and I'm worried that I will just fail because I haven't tried hard. Can I do it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
YOLO SWEG ! :elefant:

^ just felt like putting it out there.
Original post by Ani97
Guys, please be honest. Do I have enough time to turn my grades around before the exams? I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle here... I havent been on the ball for A levels and I'm worried that I will just fail because I haven't tried hard. Can I do it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know what it's like for Arts subjects, so if you do them I can't help, but I don't see why you couldn't catch up with effort.
Original post by Ani97

Posted from TSR Mobile

No of course it isnt. u can do dissss!

You've realised that all by urself bravo, I had to have my chem teacher sit me down in the prep cupboard surrounded by all the suspicious chemicals, twas a threat.. :tongue: (and i freakin want to do chemistry ), and one too many fails in maths...
but the teachers arent gonna just give up on you. As long as you dont, (I know we cant just depend on them getting us through-but theyre a big part in it), they and you are there to help ya get the best grade u can get (even if its not necassarily the best grade possible for a human to get.)
but we all should aim as high as we want coz motivation and shtuff is great to have. In fact it'll help you so much. Just wanting to change something youre doing or not doing atm is important.
And also its meant to be hard. We get opportunities to practice and ask for help and unforunately we seem to not take as much advantage of it as we could (myself included, damn u shyness u). :tongue: and with these opportunities we also have freedom to read around our subject and learn or just take as much time as we want in the way we chose trying to get info to click as sometimes it can get so frustrating u just need to sit and think (/cry) for a bit. If u thinj u could try harder I recommebd the best way is reviewing the day's work the same day, review the rest every sunday or something, but practicing is most important and effective I find especially for maths and science. Sounds like a lot, but it feels like a little ojce u target the problems as soon as possivle-and feel awesome once ir starts to get a little clearer and positive. But its worth it really, at least worth more than letting it stop u from achieving what u want to achieve.

Sorry if i sound like im about to break into high school musical song but seriously if you want any help I shall try my best.
Were aaall in thiiis tog-

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Aha u may not have been looking for a pep talk but ah well my books out monday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest