The Student Room Group

Is there a lack of natural blonde women in the UK

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Future African game vet
im a natural blonde :smile: and My 2 closest friends are also natural blondes, though one of thise is so light blonde she almost looks as if she has dyed her hair!! Mine is more of a golden blonde.
Blonde is recessive so its much rarer, plus a lot of children who are blonde go darker as they age, so there are a lot more natural blondes around that you;d think.... they're just a darker shade these days
x

Plus with blonde hair making you prone to sunburn we have been evolving darker hair colours. However, blonde hair is a lot more common in colder countries - like the north of Canada, or Scandinavia. In fact, blonde hair came from the Vikings
I wish 99% of women would stop dying their hair to that tacky yellow blonde. Ironically it makes anyone who does this look generic as hell, and brown/natural hair looks much better on 90% of people.
It is fairly rare in this country, which is not a problem for me as generally I prefer brunettes. Other than from Scandanavian countries it seems rare in general.
I'm naturally blonde and British.
Reply 24
I know loads of people (myself included) who had naturally blond hair as children but it darkend up as they got older.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Blonde hair came to the UK when the Vikings (as well as other Scandinavian countries) invaded us and some of their population stayed in the UK. Most natural blondes are outside of the tropics of cancer and capricorn - blonde hair doesn't like the sun - and I know because I am blonde.

I'm also blonde though? Mine darkens in winter and lightens in the summer.
Reply 26
It's really hard to tell unless you actually ask them their natural hair colour. I have seen natural blondes on TV but I haven't seen anything remotely similar to them in real life. Even the bleach blondes don't look very much like it. I would imagine there are some but you will have to ask them their natural hair colour, otherwise you will never know.
Reply 27
Having moved to Denmark, I can tell those of you who appear to think there are plenty of blondes around in the UK that there are places where blonde is a lot more normal. I actually feel like I look obviously foreign here because of my very dark hair. Pretty much everyone else has either blonde hair or hair that looks like it used to be blonde when they were a child. I can't even think of a single blonde I might have seen in the UK while visiting in the last few days.
I have naturally blonde hair, I'm from Scotland :smile: It naturally lightens in the summer and darkens in winter so sometimes I get highlights in winter.
Original post by Eliogabalus
I have been in the UK for quite a while (1 year about) and have noticed most of the natural looking blondes I meet tend to be from abroad (usually polish, lithuanian, czech, etc).

Is there a reason why so few british women are natural blondes? (I mean real blonde hair not mousy color). Most of the british blondes I have seen have this obviously fake peroxide blonde color, which you can tell isnt natural from about 10 miles away.

Anyways I was trying to find a pretty blonde around and had no success, your opinions about that?

This is such a question which seems based totally on stereotypes.... we can equally say we are unlikely to find white from Africa, naturally blonde from china, and small nosed jews... come on!!!
b4c6ee0f1fea7b1ef84ca1647b078339906b51cc.jpg

Ellie Harrison of the BBC
Reply 31
I am almost blonde will that do :tongue:

I have a mixture of hair colour, light brown but sometimes blonde or dark brown depending on the sun and the lighting.
Reply 32
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
I'm naturally blonde and British.

But not really that attractive
Reply 33
Original post by Autistic Merit
Shut up and go back to handballing against the Irish

shh
Reply 34
Original post by Tabers
A lot of people who had blonde hair as a child naturally turned into brown hair, such as myself. I remember at first I wanted to deny it and did dye it lighter for a while (talking about 13 years old) but now I've just accepted that it's brown now. But you would be surprised how many people this has happened to.

This. I cannot count how many of my friends this happened to.
Original post by Verana
But not really that attractive

well aren't you delightful.
There was this natural blonde haired girl in my school, she's left now though. But her sister is still there, they have the same blonde hair.
Reply 37
I don't know about this. I don't see blonde people being bred out of existence or anything. People still love blonde women so the genes aren't going to die out, even if they aren't expressed the immediate next generation.

Some women, not a massive percentage, but some women like blond men and go for them. I've seen this from women from a wide range of countries.
Reply 38
Original post by theorangebox
I'm also blonde though? Mine darkens in winter and lightens in the summer.

Mine's a good one - blonde hair, and really dark brown eyebrows
I'm blonde and envy brunettes because their facial definition is so much better. I always feel bald when I tie my hair back :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending