The Student Room Group

Multi choice geometry question

Scroll to see replies

Original post by REASON_Lighters
You make it sound so easy, yes in retrospect I see now. Thank you :<)

Sorry

:biggrin:
Original post by TenOfThem
Is that a serious question

Yes. What I am asking is in relation to that question, do triangles ABC,BEC,BAE,ADC,ABD all have the same area
Sorry

:biggrin:

no problem, I want to thank you for all your help. You are by far the most helpful and active tsr user in this math forum. Are you/have you done a degree in maths by any chance?
no problem, I want to thank you for all your help. You are by far the most helpful and active tsr user in this math forum. Are you/have you done a degree in maths by any chance?

I do have a maths degree and I have been teaching it for 30 years

As for active - it is this or watch rubbish on the tv

well, tbh I do this AND watch rubbish on the tv at the same time
I do have a maths degree and I have been teaching it for 30 years

As for active - it is this or watch rubbish on the tv

haha xD

Do you follow Uk spec for maths or other/
haha xD

Do you follow Uk spec for maths or other/

UK

I teach GCSE and A Level
UK

I teach GCSE and A Level

Oh right nice. I am currently doing Maths and FM A Level, do you have any advice of how to get the A Stars. I know it requires hard work but would recommend dedicating more time to C3/C4/FP2 etc than modules such as FP1 and D1?

And also would working through the revision guide, edexcel book, past papers, solomon papers, exam solutions, maths 247, correcting mistakes in past papers be enough to attain these grades, providing thorough work and effort.

Oh right nice. I am currently doing Maths and FM A Level, do you have any advice of how to get the A Stars. I know it requires hard work but would recommend dedicating more time to C3/C4/FP2 etc than modules such as FP1 and D1?

And also would working through the revision guide, edexcel book, past papers, solomon papers, exam solutions, maths 247, correcting mistakes in past papers be enough to attain these grades, providing thorough work and effort.

Amount of work is irrelevant TBH

Understanding is needed for the high grades

Someone who really understands will be fine with a couple of past papers to ensure they are familiar with the question style

If you do not understand then going back through the examples in the text book and reading the explanations and proofs is the essential starting point

Whilst exam solutions is a useful resource it would be of minimal use to an A* candidate who would know if their approach was correct

The same argument applies to the amount of time needed - if you understand what the processes are then there is very little learning needed so the time needs to be taken on understanding
Amount of work is irrelevant TBH

Understanding is needed for the high grades

Someone who really understands will be fine with a couple of past papers to ensure they are familiar with the question style

If you do not understand then going back through the examples in the text book and reading the explanations and proofs is the essential starting point

Whilst exam solutions is a useful resource it would be of minimal use to an A* candidate who would know if their approach was correct

The same argument applies to the amount of time needed - if you understand what the processes are then there is very little learning needed so the time needs to be taken on understanding

So complete understanding of topics should be the initial stepping stone per se.
So complete understanding of topics should be the initial stepping stone per se.

yes :biggrin:

I recommend NCIS, The Mentalist, and Elementary available on www.tubeplus.me
Original post by ghostwalker
I recommend NCIS, The Mentalist, and Elementary available on www.tubeplus.me

I like NCIS but prefer the LA version

Elementary - meh I prefer the modern UK Sherlock

I am currently watching Grey's Anatomy from the start having missed it first time around

Second best, IMHO

S' OK

I am currently watching Grey's Anatomy from the start having missed it first time around

:eek:

It also goes without mentioning, but I'll do so anyway, all the various Star Trek series, and Andromeda Ascendant too. Oh, and Babylon 5.

Months of viewing!
yes :biggrin:

haha thanks
Second best, IMHO

S' OK

:eek:

It also goes without mentioning, but I'll do so anyway, all the various Star Trek series, and Andromeda Ascendant too. Oh, and Babylon 5.

Months of viewing!

I know what you mean about second best but I stopped watching the original for a bit and characterisations moved on too quickly

I am an original Star Trek Puritan

I like Sci Fi film wise but for my TV I prefer Detective (Monk/Sherlock) or medical (House/St Elsewhere) or smultz (Gilmore Girls)

Anything that combines the above (Crossing Jordan/Ally McBeal/Finder)

One thing I hate with a passion is Numbers
(edited 10 years ago)

One thing I hate with a passion is Numbers

Medically, there is no life after House M.D. Just can't be topped.

Numbers; liked it initially, but rapidly went off it, and didn't like the characters at all, particularly the lead. And their black & white, good guys / bad guys, seriously annoyed me, as it did in the latter NCIS.

Stopped watching Grey's anatomy when Denny Duquette died :/
Medically, there is no life after House M.D. Just can't be topped.

Numbers; liked it initially, but rapidly went off it, and didn't like the characters at all, particularly the lead. And their black & white, good guys / bad guys, seriously annoyed me, as it did in the latter NCIS.

True House has it all - medicine - detection - love/hate - sad endings to stop us from thinking things will always work out

I also like Numbers to start with but then it drifted into desperation re the maths links - I also do not like the lack of grey shades
Stopped watching Grey's anatomy when Denny Duquette died :/

Since I am 2/3 of the way through series 2 and he only arrived in the episode I watched last evening do you think a SPOILER may have been appropriate there
Since I am 2/3 of the way through series 2 and he only arrived in the episode I watched last evening do you think a SPOILER may have been appropriate there

I am very sorry. I misread and thought you had watched the whole show and was re-watching it. RIP Denny

Quick Reply

Latest