Citizenship
French
Chemistry
Psychology
Maths
Biology
Physics
Drama
Dance (I was terrible and have no idea why I picked it, someone should have stopped me!)
Reply 81
Maths
Drama
Biology
Art - This would probably be top if I wasn't so behind in all my artwork!
German
Graphics
Physics
Chemistry
English Lang
English Lit
Physical Education

In all honesty, I think the only one I really dislike is Physical Education :P
Biology
Chemistry
French (not gcse but ça m'est égal)
Maths
English
Physics
PE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Physics
Maths
Chemistry
IT
History
Biology
RE
French
English Literature
English Language

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Science - I was pretty much God in science class, what I said was gospel. If I said the exam paper was wrong the exam paper was wrong and the teachers would change it. GCSE science exams were just a game to me to see how close to 100% I could get. If I just wanted 90% I wouldn't even bother revising. Always loved science, science isn't even work to me, it's just pure fun.

*Big gap*

Spanish - This was an unknown hidden talent of mine. With a bit of hard work I was surprisingly good at it. I chalk it down to being exposed to Spanish when I lived in Jamaica. Unfortunately the teacher was Draco-level strict.

History - I had much more enthusiasm for history than actual ability at it. I was great at remembering dates and facts but all that comparing sources and analysis of bias and narrow focus on Adolf made me pretty average at it.

R.E - Had no interest in it but it was easy as hell and the teacher was a real softie. Just played cards in that lesson hen crammed for an easy B at he end.

Geography - Similar to History in that I was great at remembering facts about the earth but it was all about tedious analysis of the economic structure of butt**** nowhere. I don't understand how you can pass a geography class where no-one can point out Cyprus on a map. This is not the geography I knew and loved.

Maths - Hated that subject at first because it was all multiplication, division etc. The whole time I was thinking "ffs this is 2007 we have calculators to do this ****". Also didn't see the point of any of it. Was scraping E's and D's in it for ages. However when I learned that it was useful to science AND they let us finally use a calculator I really started to enjoy it.

Citizenship - Joke subject, Tried to dodge as many lessons as possible, many wars with the teacher. Crammed and got a B in the end.

*Big gap*

English Language - Poetry was a bull**** waste of time but at least the stories that we were made to read were ok. However that was ruined by the fact that we had to WRITE ESSAYS ABOUT IT!!!. Luckily my teacher realized that I wasn't a slacker but I just was a very logical person so helped me out loads. We also shared an interest in Jazz which she thought strange in a logical, poetry-hating person such as myself.

Engilsh Language - I'd rather shoot myself than go back into that class.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by WGR

English Literature - Poetry was a bull**** waste of time but at least the stories that we were made to read were ok. However that was ruined by the fact that we had to WRITE ESSAYS ABOUT IT!!!. Luckily my teacher realized that I wasn't a slacker but I just was a very logical person so helped me out loads. We also shared an interest in Jazz which she thought strange in a logical, poetry-hating person such as myself.

Engilsh Language - I'd rather shoot myself than go back into that class.

What you say, is the complete and utter truth. poetry is bulls**t and so is writing essays, during my exam i just winged it and made up as much crap as i could. As for the second point. i too would also shoot myself.
Reply 86
Original post by AwesomeSauce#1
What you say, is the complete and utter truth. poetry is bulls**t and so is writing essays, during my exam i just winged it and made up as much crap as i could. As for the second point. i too would also shoot myself.

Exactly! It shouldn't be compulsory, it's an art. If poetry is compulsory then why not make music compulsory?

Yep same, just winged it on the day for a C.
Can't really say because I've just started them really.
Business Studies, English Lit & Lan, Maths, Science Additional & Core, R.E, Geography, I.C.T
All languages and humanities subjects can get stuffed.
In terms of what I enjoy:
Chemistry
German
History
Maths
Physics
Computing
English Literature
English Language
Biology
Philosophy and Ethics
Geography

In terms of predicted grades:
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
History A*
German A*
Maths A*
Computing A*
Biology A*
RE A*
Geography A*
English Language A*
English Literature A

GCSEs already done: Statistics: A (1 UMS of an A* - feel the pain)
From favourite to least favourite:
English
RE
PE
History
Media
Biology
Maths
Chemistry
Physics
Spanish (Hate this so much)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
English + English Literature
Biology
Mathematics
History
Chemistry
Business Studies
Physics
Art
The subject I like the most:
History
French
Biology
Chemistry
Geography
Music
Maths
English literature
English language
Physics: subject I dislike the most

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iWillWalker23
In terms of what I enjoy:
Chemistry
German
History
Maths
Physics
Computing
English Literature
English Language
Biology
Philosophy and Ethics
Geography

In terms of predicted grades:
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
History A*
German A*
Maths A*
Computing A*
Biology A*
RE A*
Geography A*
English Language A*
English Literature A

GCSEs already done: Statistics: A (1 UMS of an A* - feel the pain)

So enjoyment vs lack of makes no difference to grades :biggrin:
Original post by AMYC1999
Can't really say because I've just started them really.

You should let us know which you like at the start and then compare that list to two years time :smile:
Original post by Captain Jack
So enjoyment vs lack of makes no difference to grades :biggrin:

Maybe so. I just work hard to get those grades. I am actually targeted all A*s but I put my English Lit one down just so I wasn't. You'd think people are like wow you're so clever but no I just get abuse for it, "Mr Perfect."
Reply 97
Fav:
Mathematics (completed it last year with an A*, f*** yeah)/ Further Mathematics LVL 2
History (SHP)
Art & Design
Chemistry
Physics
Biology
R.S
I.T OCR National
P.E Leadership Course
Eng Lit
Eng Lang (got a B last year and have just retaken it *sigh*)
Urdu

I blame Ebac for Urdu and for Eng, a lack of f***s are given about Shakespeare and his pathetic love stories which are not better than Twilight and that is saying something. :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:
Reply 98
English Literature
English Language
Design Technology (basically DT or tech etc whatever you want to call it)
History
Math
Biology
Physics
German
Chemistry
Geography (last because my teacher is an incompatent fool and needs to retire ASAP)
Reply 99
Maths
Physics
Further Pure Maths
Economics
Accounting
Human biology
Biology
Ict
Chemistry (just because I got a great teacher now and I actually get something)
Geography
French (teacher does not teach which is really irritating)
English language (what use is it. And the teacher dont even ask)

Going to sit for all of this subjects next year (may/june), hope I pass. *fingers crossed*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest