The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Economics and Economic History

Hi guys, just thought I'd make a thread for all those who are in the process of applying to study LSE Economics and Economic History. How's it going for you and where are you at? I'm currently 5 weeks and 4 days over the 5 week email and still awaiting a response, anyone in a similar position?
And of course good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Mkhad
Hi guys, just thought I'd make a thread for all those who are in the process of applying to study LSE Economics and Economic History. How's it going for you and where are you at? I'm currently 5 weeks and 4 days over the 5 week email and still awaiting a response, anyone in a similar position?
And of course good luck!

I received an offer for this course on 8th November, conditional on AAB.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by JamesWire

Congratulations! May I ask what subjects you are taking?
Reply 3
Original post by Mkhad
Congratulations! May I ask what subjects you are taking?

Sure. Maths, history and economics to A2-level. Physics to AS-level.
Reply 4
Sure. Maths, history and economics to A2-level. Physics to AS-level.

Thanks, well that does seem like a winning combination haha!
I suspect my lack of an essay based subject (aside from economics) may be to my detriment although I did do Government and Politics up to AS.
I'm currently doing Maths, Economics, Computing and F.Maths AS but who knows what they are looking for
Reply 5
I sent my UCAS on Friday, 15th Nov. Received an email from LSE saying they have received my application thus far.

I'm an international student from Singapore applying for deferred entry with achieved AAB grades from the Singapore A-Levels in Mathematics, Economics and Chemistry respectively. A is the highest grade here so I'm hoping contextual data could work in my favour!

Extremely nerve-wrecking moments!
Reply 6

Hi James, I was just wondering how long have you waited to hear back since you got the acknowledgement email? Thank you. And by the way, Congratulation! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by ida3388
Hi James, I was just wondering how long have you waited to hear back since you got the acknowledgement email? Thank you. And by the way, Congratulation! :smile:

Well I applied on the 15th October, so had to wait about 3 weeks to get an offer. Acknowledgement came three days after I put the application in.

What were your GCSE grades and AS grades ?, sorry for the questions thinking of applying for it next year and am doing the same subject as you. Thanks :smile:
Reply 9
anyone heard anything yet?
Reply 10
Applied two weeks ago and got a 7 week email today.

Why is it that so many people have received a 5 week email but I've got a 7 week email? Does this mean something else?
Reply 11
I doubt it, I suspect the 7 week email is the 'new' 5 week email - It took 7 weeks before they replied after the 5 week one so not much difference there really.
I applied early and it seems like some of the people applying more recently are getting the 7 week one, I'm sure its nothing bad
Reply 12
Original post by charleso
Applied two weeks ago and got a 7 week email today.

Why is it that so many people have received a 5 week email but I've got a 7 week email? Does this mean something else?

yeah i got the 7 week email on the same day as you too. Hopefully it will be sooner than 7 weeks :biggrin:
Hi guys! I applied 11 days ago and got the 7 week email today for E+Eh. I've also received a 2 week email for straight econ. It seems like LSE gives out emails on a friday?
Original post by 3chainz
yeah i got the 7 week email on the same day as you too. Hopefully it will be sooner than 7 weeks :biggrin:

hey just wanted to know whether you have heard back from lse yet
Reply 15
Original post by rickpatel89
hey just wanted to know whether you have heard back from lse yet

heya no i havent :frown: have you?
Original post by 3chainz
heya no i havent :frown: have you?

hey unfortunately no, did they ask for your ums
Reply 17
Original post by rickpatel89
hey unfortunately no, did they ask for your ums

ahahaha no.. did they ask you?
anyone got anymore offers, i had the 7 week email 8 weeks ago. d'ya think that is a bad thing ? this is all so stressful!
Original post by 3chainz
ahahaha no.. did they ask you?

no they didn't

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending