The Student Room Group

It's going to get very cold, quite soon - are you prepared?

Scroll to see replies

Was this supposed to be funny/witty?

3 degrees isn't really that bad.

I guess this sort of (supposed) humour is lost on me.
It won't be that bad but it will feel like winter is here. Frosts from tomorrow night. Then turning colder from Tuesday as a front pushes from NW to SE and behind it much colder arctic sourced air.

Limited snow away from high ground below 200m. Rain from midweek with the possibility of snow on the leading edge as a cold front pushes through before turning back to rain.

Wednesday will be cold, wet and windy and as the weather system that prodced the front moves away, the winds will shift easterly. So east facing coastal areas will feel the brunt of any wintry showers. Although do not expect this to produce anythng other than dustings.

High pressure then settles in from the north west by the end of the week, bringing clear sunny but cold conditions.

Temperatures below average for the time of year, 4C - 7C daytime maximum from Tuesday, with sharp frosts at night.
I'm bringing my sword.
If that won't make the weather surrender, then I just don't know what will :lolwut:
Reply 23
I love the cold, love wrapping up warm. Although for the first time in my life, don't want school to be closed due the inconvenience it'll cause with my A levels and rushing any work due to missed days. Either way though, bring on the snow!:biggrin:
I need to buy a winter coat!!
I hate winter :no:, and I never have warm enough clothes.
And I can't even afford to buy any because I'm poor. :bawling:
I'm prepared, I've got an awesome jackets very earn and has a hood like assassins creed
Original post by Daniellejo.
I hate winter :no:, and I never have warm enough clothes.
And I can't even afford to buy any because I'm poor. :bawling:

The irony is, though, big fat winter clothes are often less expensive than the tiny skimpy summer clothes that lots of girls insist on wearing.
I remember coming to university and thinking, can these people not afford the extra bit of material they need there, and being quite concerned that they were still wearing clothes they had been given when they were 12.
How innocent I was.
Reply 28
I'm fine with it snowing any time except for the week days between the 9th and 17th December (inclusive) :tongue: I have to go to school regardless on those days, so it can snow on any other day before or after then :h:
Original post by jackf1337
Was this supposed to be funny/witty?

3 degrees isn't really that bad.

I guess this sort of (supposed) humour is lost on me.

I think it was meant as an attempt to lighten people's moods on a gloomy day. :h: Sorry if it didn't work for you as a conversation piece.

Plus I just like talking about the weather. :teehee:
Reply 30

But seriously, grow a pair, media.
Although, I don't care, because I'll be here:

Spoiler

Reply 31
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Plus I just like talking about the weather. :teehee:

How very boringly conventional of you :tongue:
Original post by Drewski
How very boringly conventional of you :tongue:

:lol: I can be!

Every time I post about the weather though, you post loads of pictures of really horribly cold places that you are visiting. Will this be a regular thing? :rolleyes:
Temperatures are going to PLUNGE according to the media, from Monday and for several weeks. :afraid:
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/nov/17/scotland-snow-uk-weather

It will fall as low as 3 degrees in many areas and there may even be snow over northern hills. :excited:

Are you ready for this extreme weather?

Are you nonchalant? :flute: Will you be huddling up? :grouphugs:

Things you will need.

* Shovels, grit, warm gloves and warm coat

* Husky team - public transport generally halts after the first flurry of snow

* Extra supplies of milk and digestives :cookie:

* Large selection of DVDs - it will be impossible to leave home :couchpotato:

******* YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED *********

This was a TSR public service announcement. Do not engage in unnecessary panic. Engage in necessary panic.

ahaha :lol: can always count on you Fullofsuprises to make one of these threads :h:

btw you still haven't replied to my VM
Its already 2°c here
Reply 35
:lol: I can be!

Every time I post about the weather though, you post loads of pictures of really horribly cold places that you are visiting. Will this be a regular thing? :rolleyes:

Yes. It's called perspective.
Original post by techno-thriller
Its already 2°c here

Are you in the Frozen North? :cool:
Original post by AMYC1999

btw you still haven't replied to my VM

Voice mail?! You're on number exchanging terms with FOS?! :eek:

Snow is not fun at all. Not when you have to go to work in it. Work never gets cancelled - work never says "just stay at home, read your notes and do some independent study." Work always expects you to make best efforts to turn up. If you don't, the gits will try and take away a day of your holiday entitlement and you'll worry about being seen as a "less committed" member of the team. Your promotion looks set to be stolen from you by the bastard who lost three toes due to frost bite just to get to work.

Then, when you have got into work, using 3 different trains instead of the one and having hiked the distance normally covered by the DLR, you sit around for 8 hours wondering whether you'll actually be able to get home. Will you be stuck in work forever? Or will the journey home take so long that you'll face the choice between eating some dinner or getting a reasonable amount of sleep?

Bah humbug to the snow and to the people who like it. Bah humbug.
Are you in the Frozen North? :cool:

No, close to London.
Well we will have the usual comments from the great British public...

"pah call this WINTER its disgraceful how everyone overreacts to a bit of snow and cold, they don't complain in Sweden/Canada/Russia do they"

and then when the heating bill comes in

"we have to face the choice of EATING or HEATING the government should do MORE TO HELP US"

Hopefully David Cameron will tell you all to stop moaning, get to work like you should, and put a jumper on if you feel cold

Quick Reply

Latest