The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samy96an
I've read somewhere that this year they've introduced group activities/interviews as well, what do you think we could expect from that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You must have read about BM4/5 which have introduced interviews for the first time, including group activities :yes:.

The BM6 interview is just a 2:1 panel interview for 20 mins, based on your personal statement and standard medicine questions.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 281
Original post by BethaneyJ
You must have read about BM4/5 which have introduced interviews for the first time, including group activities :yes:.

The BM6 interview is just a 2:1 panel interview for 20 mins, based on your personal statement and standard medicine questions.

Oh, that's good to hear then! I was quite nervous about group activities if I got an interview, and not being able to talk over loud people or being too loud myself :P seems to make it a lot less stressful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 282
Hi
Do we reply to the email they sent us or use a different email address?
Just double checking :smile:
wen do u think they get back to us???
Original post by June-2013
wen do u think they get back to us???

My guess is mid/late Feb since the BM6 interviews are on the 19th of March.
Do they not make offers without interview? Im not very good at interviews.
DO they want a high ukcat score????
Original post by Ilhajxichjabv

Interview is compulsory.

No. only a good P.S and interview.
Original post by Ilhajxichjabv

There are very few universities that allow entry to med school without one now. Very very few. Certainly not Southampton though, especially not for BM6 :no:

They don't use it unless they are comparing two extremely similar applicants, so it doesn't hurt to have a good one, but it isn't a problem if you don't.
Reply 290
I was thinking, because there is only one interview date for the BM6, will there be less interview invites given out this year? I don't see how they could fit 200 people in one day...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samy96an
I was thinking, because there is only one interview date for the BM6, will there be less interview invites given out this year? I don't see how they could fit 200 people in one day...

Posted from TSR Mobile

100 interviews this year :yes:

Hey Beth, do you know how many people applied for BM6 this year?
Reply 293

Oh my god. Now I'm scared. Really hope my PS was good enough for an interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The.Joker
Hey Beth, do you know how many people applied for BM6 this year?

Not sure exactly, I will look at finding out for you :smile:
Even 100 interviews seems quite a lot to manage in one day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone.

Are BM6 interviews a lot later than the standard 5 year course. Just wondering because someone I know has recieved an invite to be interviewed from a university (idk which) but its for the 5 year Medicine course and her interview is in December. Are 5 year course students generally interviewed first?

Also, more importantly I got my criteria forms LATE. I called asked why Ive not received my eligibility criteria forms Southampton said they have sent it already and the deadline was the 8th Nov. I told them I didn't recieve anything on my email OR junk. So I assume they forgot or mis typed my email (Or I missed it in my junk mail :s-smilie: ) Do you think I'm screwed?

Even bigger problem my 3rd criteria WOULD have been ''deprived area postcode'' I called and asked if my postcode fits but they said nope it doesn't qualify (weird because on certain websites it did!) my last chance is to apply for free meals (Im almost 100% sure I am eligible but I do not know how long they take to reply).

SO NERVOUS.
Original post by somethingunique
Hi everyone.

Are BM6 interviews a lot later than the standard 5 year course. Just wondering because someone I know has recieved an invite to be interviewed from a university (idk which) but its for the 5 year Medicine course and her interview is in December. Are 5 year course students generally interviewed first?

Also, more importantly I got my criteria forms LATE. I called asked why Ive not received my eligibility criteria forms Southampton said they have sent it already and the deadline was the 8th Nov. I told them I didn't recieve anything on my email OR junk. So I assume they forgot or mis typed my email (Or I missed it in my junk mail :s-smilie: ) Do you think I'm screwed?

Even bigger problem my 3rd criteria WOULD have been ''deprived area postcode'' I called and asked if my postcode fits but they said nope it doesn't qualify (weird because on certain websites it did!) my last chance is to apply for free meals (Im almost 100% sure I am eligible but I do not know how long they take to reply).

SO NERVOUS.

The dates for interview are in this thread somewhere. You won't get invited until much closer to the date- likely 2 weeks before so don't worry about that yet as I believe the interview is in March. If they're happy to send you out forms you'll need proof to send back with it asap. So apply for free school meals immediately so you can have proof.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending