The Student Room Group

Unsure about Work experience.. Any help?

I'm doing my work experience in July and i haven't handed my forum into the school.. The reason for this is that i'm unsure what i need to do to get a placement.. I want to be a funeral director when i'm older so i figured i could go to a funeral home for my placement, but i have been thinking and i'm unsure whether i need to be a certain age or if they would allow me in general? i'm 14 and i'm year 10 would they allow me? I want to do funeral directing because its just something i have an interest in and i would much prefer to do this over other things.. I'm really into doing this but i don't know how to put it into words. If anyone has or is doing their work experience at a funeral home could you help me out please? Also how do i get a placement do i have to go and ask? what do i say? I'm really confused i asked my school and they gave me guidelines such as phoning them but because its a sensitive area i may need to go in but i am really shy when i'm on my own and i would be even shyer around my parents.. Any advice? Its all appreciated and thank you to anyone who can help me out!(:
Original post by Helena Rose
I'm doing my work experience in July and i haven't handed my forum into the school.. The reason for this is that i'm unsure what i need to do to get a placement.. I want to be a funeral director when i'm older so i figured i could go to a funeral home for my placement, but i have been thinking and i'm unsure whether i need to be a certain age or if they would allow me in general? i'm 14 and i'm year 10 would they allow me? I want to do funeral directing because its just something i have an interest in and i would much prefer to do this over other things.. I'm really into doing this but i don't know how to put it into words. If anyone has or is doing their work experience at a funeral home could you help me out please? Also how do i get a placement do i have to go and ask? what do i say? I'm really confused i asked my school and they gave me guidelines such as phoning them but because its a sensitive area i may need to go in but i am really shy when i'm on my own and i would be even shyer around my parents.. Any advice? Its all appreciated and thank you to anyone who can help me out!(:

:wavey: Welcome to the site! You're unlikely to find help for this in the Chat forum - that forum isn't really designed for specific questions like this. :tongue: I've moved your thread to the Careers forums, where you should be able to find others who can help you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending