The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
Yeah my 5 week period ended like 3/4 days ago and still haven't received any update for my law application.. :frown:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by colourmered
Thanks, I'm so happy about it :biggrin: mine is for anthropology. Good luck! My friend last year applied for social policy and it too months, so I think it depends on what course you apply too. What have you applied for?

Don't suppose you would mind telling me your grades and how far you were into 5 week email? (i applied for same course :wink: )
Reply 1682
Original post by Sidhant Shivram
Is there anyone here who has applied for AS at LSE and received an offer? I guess it's too early to ask for that, so who all have applied for actuarial science at LSE? 😗

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an offer one week ago. :smile:
Original post by IShootLikeAGirl
Don't suppose you would mind telling me your grades and how far you were into 5 week email? (i applied for same course :wink: )

I was about 4 weeks in, and I got 6A* 2A 2B at GCSE, four As at AS and predicted three A*s at A2, what about you? :smile: Did you apply for the BA or BSc?
Original post by colourmered
I was about 4 weeks in, and I got 6A* 2A 2B at GCSE, four As at AS and predicted three A*s at A2, what about you? :smile: Did you apply for the BA or BSc?

I applied for BA :smile: got my 7 week email on friday so 3 days after my 2 week email (hopefully this means they'll be quick in deciding) got AABC at AS although was ill for latin exam hence the C which is in my reference A* 8A 3B at AS and predicted A*AA although my classics teacher now wants to change it to A*A*A (no idea what she's going on about, my school is so weird haha) so not really hopeful, i only really applied as i didn't like St Andrews which was my other choice. Is this your first choice?
Any Management or Accounting and Finance offers yet?

Also, it's been 7 weeks since my friend received the two week email from Maths and Economics. Still no further update. What should he do?
(edited 10 years ago)
Are there anyone apply for purely economics?Any offers?I am in the second week into my five weeks. still worried! Come on ,LSE
Original post by sherrycui
Are there anyone apply for purely economics?Any offers?I am in the second week into my five weeks. still worried! Come on ,LSE

Relax until the last week. They are unlikely to respond this early to you since there's lots of applicants currently on their 5th week.
Original post by sherrycui

I am into my fourth week into my five week email and I am not worried at all, LSE has a lot of applicants this year so I wouldn't be worried even if I was into the 7th week. Only thing I am worrying about is that my personal statement isn't strong enough for the courses I have applied for (econ and maths & econ)
Original post by svajoniaujam
I was wondering the same thing. I got my five week email over three weeks ago, so still waiting... This huge wave of offers and rejections is scaring me though ;/ What about you? What stage are you in? :biggrin:

Hello fellow applicants ! :smile:
Also applied for PP. Received the 5week email 1 week ago. Do you know how this course is competitive ? No ideas of it but seems like it's a really overtaken one. I'm so worried about my application :frown: good luck anyway !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by svajoniaujam
I was wondering the same thing. I got my five week email over three weeks ago, so still waiting... This huge wave of offers and rejections is scaring me though ;/ What about you? What stage are you in? :biggrin:

3 weeks and 2 days into my 5 week email :smile:
Reply 1691
Has anyone on this thread applied for Statistics with Finance?
Original post by CalvinTsao
I bet If UCAS track can add advertisements, it would've made a fortune. 20 million click rates everyday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is there really any need to look at track? Everyone has e-mail on their phones, after all, and the e-mail will come instantly when there's news.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just the sheer number of people posting on this thread has me worried about my chances :no::erm::lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1694
Original post by SoggyTractor
Is there really any need to look at track? Everyone has e-mail on their phones, after all, and the e-mail will come instantly when there's news.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The email from UCAS says only that Track has been updated, not the specific information.
Original post by frenchstud74
Hello fellow applicants ! :smile:
Also applied for PP. Received the 5week email 1 week ago. Do you know how this course is competitive ? No ideas of it but seems like it's a really overtaken one. I'm so worried about my application :frown: good luck anyway !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCAS has it listed as a 1 in 7 (14%) course. Many PPE applicants also apply to it, usually as their second choice. It's just as competitive as Oxford, except you don't have the ability to impress in an interview. That might suit some people and not others.
Original post by theholonym
3 weeks and 2 days into my 5 week email :smile:

we're in the same boat then :smile: keep me posted!
LSE were extremely accurate about the whole 5 thing week with me..got an offer exactly 5 weeks after their second e-mail
Reply 1698
Anyone got offer/Rej from BMS?
Original post by theholonym
UCAS has it listed as a 1 in 7 (14%) course. Many PPE applicants also apply to it, usually as their second choice. It's just as competitive as Oxford, except you don't have the ability to impress in an interview. That might suit some people and not others.

Wow. I'm quite worried right now. I shouldn't have applied to that selective universities... Hope it's gonna be fine anyway !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending