The Student Room Group

Is my progress ok for 3.5 months? (nsfw pics)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by In One Ear
Its hard to tell exactly because of the different camera position in each shot but you definitely look a lot fatter in the second pic (also more muscular).

With so much weight gain in 3.5 months at best it was probably 50/50 muscle/fat but you got a lot stronger so you definitely will have put on muscle.

Also are you like 5ft or something? I struggle to comprehend how you can have so much fat in the second pick (I don't mean to be rude- but you look quite "soft") yet only weigh 62.5kg...

Imo you are eating more than your body can deal with in terms of muscle growth so you are adding unecessary fat. Cut back a bit and remember that getting a great body will entail several years of alternating between cutting fat and building muscle so you will have to be in this for the long haul :smile:.

irrelevant to this thread but what's your job if ya dont mind answering?

either way, nice work mayn, keep up the good work and you'll make it
Reply 21
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
Deadlifts and rows hit them to a certain extent. Some people rave about deadlifts for trap development, but I've never really noticed any benefit trap wise. Add in some form of shrugs if you don't already do them. If you do shrug already, something obviously isn't quite right and needs changing to hit your traps harder/better.

Does your gym have a shrug machine? I swear by it.

Also, shrug with straps.

I do a lot of deadlifts.

I haven't seen a dedicated shrug machine, but I'll use my brain to see if I can figure something out, or even try with the Smith machine
Reply 22
Watch that bulk man.. Some people go bulk and never go back. GJ on those lifts huh, and the beard too. Almost good enough for the Canada crew. :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeOh18mWWzg
Original post by AreebWithaHat

dat feel when only vaginas i get to see are in clinicals

Any hole is a goal.
Original post by nopenopenope

What's my job? I'm not sure if you mean that literally or if you mean something else by that since its a really random question- so I'll answer literally- I don't have a job, I'm a 2nd year mathematics student at university :biggrin:.

Why on earth do you ask?
Reply 25
Just a question, my bulk period ends in two weeks, is it worth changing anything majorly before then?
Original post by In One Ear
What's my job? I'm not sure if you mean that literally or if you mean something else by that since its a really random question- so I'll answer literally- I don't have a job, I'm a 2nd year mathematics student at university :biggrin:.

Why on earth do you ask?

I quoted the wrong person haha, sorry mang. Mirin' your degree tho, good luck this year!

Original post by ct2k7
Just a question, my bulk period ends in two weeks, is it worth changing anything majorly before then?

Reply 27
Original post by nopenopenope
I quoted the wrong person haha, sorry mang. Mirin' your degree tho, good luck this year!

hehe, np. I'm a Software Engineer full time and uni student full time (technically). Yet I work out 4 times a week, minimum. Cheers!
Original post by ct2k7

nah 2 weeks is ok, keep it going
Reply 29
nah 2 weeks is ok, keep it going

continue to lift heavy - ok, here's thing thing, how exactly does one cut?
Original post by ct2k7
continue to lift heavy - ok, here's thing thing, how exactly does one cut?

eat less, keep lifting heavy
Reply 31
eat less, keep lifting heavy

Just eat less?
Original post by ct2k7
Just eat less?

eat less, track weight, if you lose weight, jobs a good 'un, if you don't eat a little less next week. Unless you're going down to 8%bf from say 12%, there is no reason to count calories meticulously.
Reply 33
eat less, track weight, if you lose weight, jobs a good 'un, if you don't eat a little less next week. Unless you're going down to 8%bf from say 12%, there is no reason to count calories meticulously.

Ok cool :smile:
Strong body hair

I would say you're overeating atm, and youve put on fat as well as muscle so it depends whether youre going for strength or looks really.
Reply 35
Couldnt see past the carpet you are wearing.

Jokes aside, progress is progress, keep it up. Your not going to be an aesthetic God after 3,6 or 12 months of going gym from nothing.
Reply 36
Original post by KingGym
Couldnt see past the carpet you are wearing.

Jokes aside, progress is progress, keep it up. Your not going to be an aesthetic God after 3,6 or 12 months of going gym from nothing.

It's strength above aesthetics for me. In a few years time it will be aesthetics.

Original post by Zürich
Strong body hair

I would say you're overeating atm, and youve put on fat as well as muscle so it depends whether youre going for strength or looks really.

Very strong body hair, hence why I get called a bear.

how much am I overeating by?
Original post by ct2k7

Very strong body hair, hence why I get called a bear.

how much am I overeating by?

At 5ft 2, that would be a koala bear, yes? :colone: I joke!

I don't know if anybody can answer that other than you, everybody is different and weight gain/loss varies quite a lot from person to person.
you look better in the first pic ^_^
Reply 39
Original post by letsbehonest
you look better in the first pic ^_^

calm down

its a strong bulk sis

Quick Reply

Latest