The Student Room Group

Global Warming is a hoax?

Always amazes me that to this day with the number of non-bias studies available that people still genuinely believe in this whole facade. While hypocrites like Al Gore that perpetuated this nonsense is laughing on his private jet with no concern for his carbon footprint, only concerned about taxing yours.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Global Warming isn't true, just saying i think it's bull.

What do you think, and why? Discuss.

Peace and love in the middle east.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Climate change undoubtedly exists, I don't think anyone would argue otherwise.

The question is: do humans influence the climate via manufacturing?

Even if the answer is 'Yes' we still need to decide whether this change is good or bad. Are people like Al Gore really saying that there are no benefits to a slightly warmer climate?!!

And even if we accept that warming is happening, and humans are causing it, and it's negative, we still need to be convinced that wind turbines and green taxes are the answer.

These are reasonable questions that climate change supporters seem unwilling/unable to answer.
(edited 10 years ago)
We didn't listen!
Reply 3
Yes it is, we aren't causing the rise in temperature. The government has Dragons as pets secretly which heat it all up. Shhhh, don't tell anyone!
Original post by Yawn11
Always amazes me that to this day with the number of non-bias studies available that people still genuinely believe in this whole facade.

Original post by Yawn11
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Global Warming isn't true, just saying i think it's bull.

Original post by Yawn11

I am not sure whether you are trying to deliberately sound stupid or if you actually are.
Original post by Moosferatu
We didn't listen!

Reply 6
Original post by DorianGrayism
I am not sure whether you are trying to deliberately sound stupid or if you actually are.

What makes you say that?

Original post by toxic09
Yes it is, we aren't causing the rise in temperature. The government has Dragons as pets secretly which heat it all up. Shhhh, don't tell anyone!

Earth has a history of varying temperatures that has been confirmed as cyclical, and we're still well within previous temperatures. Unless you mean the rise is more rapid in comparison to past increases temperature? :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Yawn11
Always amazes me that to this day with the number of non-bias studies available that people still genuinely believe in this whole facade. While hypocrites like Al Gore that perpetuated this nonsense is laughing on his private jet with no concern for his carbon footprint, only concerned about taxing yours.

Uhhh...wha?
Reply 8
Original post by DorianGrayism

Dey terk er jerbs!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 9
Original post by subspace5000
Uhhh...wha?

The avoidance of presenting an opinion as a fact. Remaining sceptical, whilst slightly open to an opposition.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Yawn11

Is Yawn a pimpx?
Reply 11
I do believe in the milankovich cycles but as for Global Warming I don't believe a thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by toxic09

What rise in temperature is it you're talking about? The earths average temperature has remained the same for the last 15 years now.
Reply 13
Original post by Yawn11
What makes you say that?

Earth has a history of varying temperatures that has been confirmed as cyclical, and we're still well within previous temperatures. Unless you mean the rise is more rapid in comparison to past increases temperature? :s-smilie:

Extrapolating those very same cycles, the Earth right now ought to be cooling rapidly. Instead it's average temperature is at its warmest in eight thousand years, and rising. Evidently there's something else going on to reverse what would be happening naturally.
Reply 14
Original post by Arbolus
Extrapolating those very same cycles, the Earth right now ought to be cooling rapidly. Instead it's average temperature is at its warmest in eight thousand years, and rising. Evidently there's something else going on to reverse what would be happening naturally.

Pretty irrelevant tbh, temperature changes aren't steep climbs or declines, there are constant fluctuations. Planet was habitable 8K years ago to my knowledge anyway.
Reply 15
Why should I trust the scientists, there has been no globar warming. Temperatures aint even rised a little bit, dont buy it. The saving the planet and that is good but i odnt buy global warmin
Reply 16
Original post by Yawn11
Pretty irrelevant tbh, temperature changes aren't steep climbs or declines, there are constant fluctuations. Planet was habitable 8K years ago to my knowledge anyway.

Since the end of the last ice age, the biggest and fastest fluctuations have been 0.2 degrees or so over a span of perhaps 500 years. However, in the last 150 years, the average temperature has risen nearly 1 degree. Random fluctuations aren't enough to account for that.
Reply 17
The reality is that scientists with far more resources and greater knowledge than all of us sincerely think that climate change is a threat. Politicians across the world view it as a threat and they are trying their hardest to tackle it. I think at this stage that refusing or vowing to not accept climate change as a viable threat is bordering on believing in a conspiracy theory.
Original post by C_G
The reality is that scientists with far more resources and greater knowledge than all of us sincerely think that climate change is a threat. Politicians across the world view it as a threat and they are trying their hardest to tackle it. I think at this stage that refusing or vowing to not accept climate change as a viable threat is bordering on believing in a conspiracy theory.

Translation: I can't think for my self, I am dependent on mainstream media in order to have an opinion on matters.
Reply 19
Original post by C_G

Societies cling to the wrong ideas all the time. Capitalism has failed us, Communism was a disaster and there are so many religions in the world all claiming to be 'the one true one' it's farcical.

So what makes you so sure we haven't got it wrong again with climate change?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending