The Student Room Group

Whats the ratio of girl engineering students to male ones in general?

As asked above
Reply 1
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
As asked above

There really isnt any point to a thread like this, there was one like this i believe few weeks ago and no matter where you go or what discipline you study it is pretty much always male dominated by a considerable amount. My guess is its pretty much going to be around 85:15 or less?

Dont let it put you off though, if engineering is what you want to do then do it there is plenty of opportunity to meet other girls .
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
1:20 to 1:30 I'd say.

Looking for women really isn't a vast part of my day - that's why they invented societies and social nights out so you can meet lots of people outside of your course.
Reply 4
One of my lectures is shared with people studying 'geological engineering' the vast majority of students are male Asians.
Around 1:20 in my experience. It really doesn't matter though
Reply 6
Original post by SillyEddy
1:20 to 1:30 I'd say.

Looking for women really isn't a vast part of my day - that's why they invented societies and social nights out so you can meet lots of people outside of your course.
:tongue: the society i'm a member of is very related to my department, most of the people in it are in my department (earth and environmental science) although there's a number of geography students to. So the meetings/socials for the society are a bit of a sausage-fest ... not as much as lectures are though ! ... alright for us females :tongue: but not for any of the guys trying to get laid.

Quick Reply

Latest