The Student Room Group

Women who swear turn off ,turn on or not bothered ?

Scroll to see replies

Depends if you find a lack of intelligence a turn on.
Don't care too much in normal circumstances, probably prefer someone who swears less.

However, in the bedroom it's more than welcome. :colone:
I have absolutely no qualms with swearing depending on the context, I'm like a sailor when I'm in a certain mood and with friends. But swearing all the time, for no reason, in every situation is a huge put-off in either gender, I suppose just because it makes a person seem unintelligent, which no offence intended to anyone, is really not a factor which I look for.
Reply 23
A woman who swears isn't automatically attractive, but a woman who can swear well? Deary me :colondollar:
There is a woman where I work who blurts out swear words (pretty loudly) whenever something doesn't go how she wanted it to. It makes me cringe each time.
Original post by Runninground
There is a woman where I work who blurts out swear words (pretty loudly) whenever something doesn't go how she wanted it to. It makes me cringe each time.

Because it's a woman blurting them out or would you also cringe if it was a man?
Original post by Really_now
Because it's a woman blurting them out or would you also cringe if it was a man?

I cringe when she does it because she shouts pretty loud and it's unnecessary.

If it makes your feel better, there was a guy at my college who came in to teach us something and he swore in every other sentence. There was no need for it and he was clearly doing it because he wanted to try and get us to respect him. I cringed each time he said anything too.

I don't see the need for excessive swearing, male or female.
Reply 27
it is a cultural thing, and women who swear a lot will be around men who swear a lot. its not attractive in either sex.
I can't believe the people on here. It's crazy. No one, ever, in real life judges people for saying f*** every now and then. Sometimes I think (well, hope) TSR is an entire world away from reality.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
why is it acceptable for men to swear but not women? bit sexist...
if a person can't stand it, then I can't stand them either

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't mind if its every now and then but girls that swear a lot....always comes over as a bit classless to me.

I find it especially a turn off if a girl has twitter and swears all the time on there. Some girls use their twitter as their general log of every time something in life annoys them, so post an f word rant every 30 minutes or so. It just makes you think this girl is going to be annoying and negative all the time.
The people who swear all the time because they think it's cool only do it because other people make a big deal out of it.

I swear quite a bit. Not in every sentence, but I do say "for **** sakes" every now and again or swear as part of a joke. I just use them when I want to.

Obviously, in a lot of situations I don't swear. In front of my grandma, for example. I can't even say "what?": it has to be "pardon?" :lol:
what's it got to do with gender?
I swear a lot, I am trying to cut back. Trying to cut back, not because I have a ****ing vagina, because it is respectful not to swear. Swearing shouldn't depend on gender, it should depend on the person's morals and values. Personally, some women might find men swearing a bit hardcore - but ****ing deal with it man. You know, it shouldn't depend on the gender because both genders can sound hardcore and pretty frigging rude when swearing; having a penis or vagina is out of question.
pretty much everyone i know swears, it really isnt a big deal
I've been told it's a turn on whenever I swear, especially when in bed.
Also, if men can swear like sailors and no one cares, why is it that people care when women swear? Sexism much.
Reply 38
I can't judge, I swear a lot. Its deeply embedded into my vocab now. I blame the fact I'm Scottish lol.

Someone swearing, regardless of gender doesn't bother me as long as they know when its not ok to swear, such as in a professional environment, when talking to someone official etc
Reply 39
I never swear, even if I am extremely angry! I dont like when people use swearing words when they mean something nice as well. It just do not make sense for me. I always told people "grown up on the streets" swear, educated human being should know enough words to express himself/herself without swearing.

Also I don't like men swear, but I am not that strict on men like myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending