The Student Room Group

Honestly so confused haha

Right okay, i'm 16 years old recently gone through a lot of things in the past 2-3 months such as family, friends, school the full works haha.

But the main thing has been this girl i've been talking for the last 5 months. I've said to myself from the start not to such as get on her as i've met her through a friend and she lives in Manchester while I live in Basingstoke and i'm not the type of guy that would deal with a relationship that is long distance.

So we went through this phase where we got somewhat close to each other even know we told each other all the stuff you would expect people would say in a relationship. It was fine for about a month and then it went down hill due to me having to change schools to switch courses which was the biggest pain in the ass. Anyways she has recently got back with her ex and she has kept in contact with me of course I could only feel happy for her as i knew i didnt want to have a relationship like that and now i'm just honestly idk if only we lived closer kind of feel haha cause myself i'm a terribly picky guy since every other relationship i've got cheated on or somewhat but thats when i was like 14-15 so i dont even count that towards anything. But tbhs she ticked all the boxes for me and now i'm just idk confused on what to feel i just feel incredibly jealous and just annoyed (not really sure why cause i cant do much about it) but yeah, i dont really know how to get rid of these feelings cause i feel so attached to her .-.
Reply 1
Mate, its because you liked her and to know she is with someone that is not you is going to hurt, your only human at the end of the day. As for long distance, if the girl is worth it why not :-). I know this does not completely answer your post but my brain is tired so can not think :-).
Reply 2
Your probably not going to like my answer but there isn't much you can really do pal except be happy for her and not show her your jealousy. You say you enjoy talking to her? Well if you tell her how you feel and she doesn't feel the same she can easily just cut you off, especially if you live far apart.
I honestly see no benefit in just befriending a girl, it doesn't work. There's going to obviously be some physical attraction and if she's getting with someone, you're just going to be miserable so there's no point. It's going to take a while for you to accept and you're probably going to feel low for a while but the best thing here is just moving on and learning from your mistakes. The next girl, make her yours from the get go (none of this friend crap).
Original post by lou 22
Mate, its because you liked her and to know she is with someone that is not you is going to hurt, your only human at the end of the day. As for long distance, if the girl is worth it why not :-). I know this does not completely answer your post but my brain is tired so can not think :-).

Ah well yeah it's true that it will hurt, it's been going for like idk 2 weeks and it's just a really big change so I don't know how to react to be honest. Yeah i've heard stories with long distances and i'm not really that kind of guy it's just not the same haha.

Original post by ninuzu
Your probably not going to like my answer but there isn't much you can really do pal except be happy for her and not show her your jealousy. You say you enjoy talking to her? Well if you tell her how you feel and she doesn't feel the same she can easily just cut you off, especially if you live far apart.

Exactly what i'm trying to do mate. It's just when i'm thinking about it the times before like come back to the front of my head and gets me down. But yeah exactly i've said and I also feel really happy for her like i'm not going to have a strop over her cause she had really decent reasons. Also the thing about cutting off is like the horrible thing that could happen and thats also in the front of my head so it's kind of a scary thought.

Original post by Abdul-Karim
I honestly see no benefit in just befriending a girl, it doesn't work. There's going to obviously be some physical attraction and if she's getting with someone, you're just going to be miserable so there's no point. It's going to take a while for you to accept and you're probably going to feel low for a while but the best thing here is just moving on and learning from your mistakes. The next girl, make her yours from the get go (none of this friend crap).

Well there we go i'm already trying to get ahead but she was honestly amazing but there we go **** happens. I'm sort of this clingy guy and incredibly shy and blahblahblah so I just didn't know how to handle it all to be honest haha.

Thank you alot guys for the advice :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by GodBlessZimbabwe
Ah well yeah it's true that it will hurt, it's been going for like idk 2 weeks and it's just a really big change so I don't know how to react to be honest. Yeah i've heard stories with long distances and i'm not really that kind of guy it's just not the same haha.

Exactly what i'm trying to do mate. It's just when i'm thinking about it the times before like come back to the front of my head and gets me down. But yeah exactly i've said and I also feel really happy for her like i'm not going to have a strop over her cause she had really decent reasons. Also the thing about cutting off is like the horrible thing that could happen and thats also in the front of my head so it's kind of a scary thought.

Well there we go i'm already trying to get ahead but she was honestly amazing but there we go **** happens. I'm sort of this clingy guy and incredibly shy and blahblahblah so I just didn't know how to handle it all to be honest haha.

Thank you alot guys for the advice :smile:

Yeah, I get ya. But it's just one of those awful situations where you've got to keep your chin up, and learn from it.
Original post by ninuzu
Yeah, I get ya. But it's just one of those awful situations where you've got to keep your chin up, and learn from it.

Exactly what i'm trying to do but it keeps getting me down when I feel not happy or just bored that comes into my head and brings me down even further, not sure how to deal with it haha. I've told her a number of times how I felt but she just kept thinking I was moaning about her and afdskfkdf it's terribly annoying and now I just feel she dislikes me.
Reply 7
Original post by GodBlessZimbabwe
Exactly what i'm trying to do but it keeps getting me down when I feel not happy or just bored that comes into my head and brings me down even further, not sure how to deal with it haha. I've told her a number of times how I felt but she just kept thinking I was moaning about her and afdskfkdf it's terribly annoying and now I just feel she dislikes me.

Yeah I know it sucks, but you've just got to try your best not to feel down. And also you need to stop telling her or run the risk of being seen as desperate and cut off entirely. I mean, telling her once is fine and the right thing to do, but if she's not interested, she's not interested.

Quick Reply