The Student Room Group

What makes a girl good (or bad) in bed?

Scroll to see replies

- Good bj
(I'll spare the details, but for now I will say make sure you have a "routine" or at least the basic outline of one if you're with a new guy who you've never given head to. Different guys enjoy different things, you'll know by their reactions to certain things you do.)
- Long foreplay
(Or short, depending on how much time you have :tongue:)
- Panting + noise if relevant to the amount of work either of you are putting in.
- Arching your back in the right moments. (I'll be happy to explain this to people who don't realise/desperately want to know if you PM me.)
- Multitasking
(Don't get me started on the various interpretations of this)
- Knowing the anatomy.
- Erogenous zones are very important.
- Depending on your relationship with the person: Act like you like it.
- Actively engage
- Like a lot of people say, don't just lie there. Think of it as a workout.

These are just a few off the top of my head; I could go on but I want to spare the details because I don't want my post becoming too graphic. :redface: Back in Spring/Summer I went out with someone for a very short time, when we decided to part ways he asked if he could "recommend me" to a friend of his so even though this comment really creeped me out, I guess I was doing something right!

Sex is like driving or sport or cooking or knitting -- there's theory, and then there's practice. The better you know the body, the more likely it is that you'll know exactly what you're doing. I like giving a good performance, so to me, the sex is all about the man, even if they're doing something like cunnilingus (which is something very few men get right!), I still think of that (bj) being for the man and so I pretend to enjoy it if I have to. Understanding that sex is a very big thing for a lot of guys is really important. It's not just fun and games for them, with quite a few of them, their confidence levels are pretty reliant on their performance.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Peachykeen09
even with bc and a condom, that'll always be a hell no

Really?! it's pretty easy to clean up with condom, such tiny chances of becoming pregnant too.

I've only been with one girl who didn't like me finishing inside and I didn't think it was as good, not saying I wouldn't be with someone like you just because you don't like it either though.
Original post by Vixen47
- Good bj
(I'll spare the details, but for now I will say make sure you have a "routine" or at least the basic outline of one if you're with a new guy who you've never given head to. Different guys enjoy different things, you'll know by their reactions to certain things you do.)
- Long foreplay
(Or short, depending on how much time you have :tongue:)
- Panting + noise if relevant to the amount of work either of you are putting in.
- Arching your back in the right moments. (I'll be happy to explain this to people who don't realise/desperately want to know if you PM me.)
- Multitasking
(Don't get me started on the various interpretations of this)
- Knowing the anatomy.
- Erogenous zones are very important.
- Depending on your relationship with the person: Act like you like it.
- Actively engage
- Like a lot of people say, don't just lie there. Think of it as a workout.

These are just a few off the top of my head; I could go on but I want to spare the details because I don't want my post becoming too graphic. :redface: Back in Spring/Summer I went out with someone for a very short time, when we decided to part ways he asked if he could "recommend me" to a friend of his so even though this comment really creeped me out, I guess I was doing something right!

Sex is like driving or sport or cooking or knitting -- there's theory, and then there's practice. The better you know the body, the more likely it is that you'll know exactly what you're doing. I like giving a good performance, so to me, the sex is all about the man, even if they're doing something like cunnilingus (which is something very few men get right!), I still think of that (bj) being for the man and so I pretend to enjoy it if I have to. Understanding that sex is a very big thing for a lot of guys is really important. It's not just fun and games for them, with quite a few of them, their confidence levels are pretty reliant on their performance.

I'm apparently good but I always feel like I'm not that great at going down on a girl, it's probably the thing I'm weakest at despite liking doing it because girls usually are happy to see you want to please them.

I guess I can only practice right? :mmm:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Willum Infanta
Really?! it's pretty easy to clean up with condom, such tiny chances of becoming pregnant too.

I've only been with one girl who didn't like me finishing inside and I didn't think it was as good, not saying I wouldn't be with someone like you just because you don't like it either though.

i just feel like something could go wrong, i.e rip in condom and bc isn't 100% either. i'm really paranoid about that so i'm probably in the minority that feel this way :tongue:

Original post by Vixen47

I get what you're saying about everything else but this really? :curious: I highly doubt that someone would be bothered to notice when they're in the moment
Original post by Willum Infanta
I'm apparently good but I always feel like I'm not that great at going down on a girl, it's probably the thing I'm weakest at despite liking doing it because girls usually are happy to see you want to please them.

I guess I can only practice right? :mmm:

Haha! You're not wrong there!

I'm trying to think of a way to reply to this without generalising so much but the girls who do like people going down on them are likely to enjoy it just because it's happening. I don't know if you get what I mean? Like, imagine a bj without the pressure to orgasm, that's sort of like what oral sex is when being given to a girl. I'm wording this terribly but it's such a difficult thing to describe.

Original post by Peachykeen09

I get what you're saying about everything else but this really? :curious: I highly doubt that someone would be bothered to notice when they're in the moment

You'd be surprised. It's not something a lot of people point out like it's the weather, but it is something that certain people will notice in the moment. Even if they don't mention it, it can make some go wild.
Original post by Vixen47

You'd be surprised. It's not something a lot of people point out like it's the weather, but it is something that certain people will notice in the moment. Even if they don't mention it, it can make some go wild.

oh no, i believe that it can definitely be a turn on but what constitutes as the 'right moment'
Reply 26
Being enthusiastic ; going along with more or less everything the male wants to do;

not freaking out if he suggests a bit of stimulation to either or both persons' anal erogenous zones ( after he's done his duty in your vagina of course :smile: )

Make him feel good about his performance. By all means suggest stuff you want doing. Enjoying the feel / smell / taste / splash of semen is a big plus !

[ well - you did ask ! ]
Original post by Vixen47
Haha! You're not wrong there!

I'm trying to think of a way to reply to this without generalising so much but the girls who do like people going down on them are likely to enjoy it just because it's happening. I don't know if you get what I mean? Like, imagine a bj without the pressure to orgasm, that's sort of like what oral sex is when being given to a girl. I'm wording this terribly but it's such a difficult thing to describe.

Hmm, I sorta get you, but I sorta don't :lol:

Either way I'll continue to do it as it goes down well (yay time for puns)
Reply 28
Oral is the one thing I know I can do and I'm actually amazed because I'm a spaz and expected to be like shoving a wet spoon into a can of spam, fishing around for that opening pin thing.

But it was actually far more of an enjoyable sophistication. My advice is definitely give a prolonged preview of what they've got in store by just tracing your tongue along the edges. Take that slowly and give that some time and unless she's made of stone you'll suddenly find things are much easier to find. Hehe.

****, I tried to avoid being graphic and it was the best I could do.
Reply 29
It depends on the mood really. More than happy to take the lead and for her to do little else, but sometimes it is nice for her to initiate it and do her fair share. Foreplay is important too.
Reply 30
Original post by Holby_fanatic
How does a girl not get into it? I've always been confused by this... Like, why would anyone just lie there? :lol:

For Queen and country?
Reply 31
On the topic of "Sleep sex", my Ex use to say to me that she'd like to wake up with some sort of sexual activity, and it was something she liked. Obviously, not any penetration, as that does seem to be blurring the boundaries a little, but I think it very heavily depends on the people involved, and something you would talk about with a partner.

Good in bed? Like the grand consensus here suggests, enthusiasm. Women generally (and it is general, im sure there are extremes) like sex just as much as men. So that should be shown in the actual act.

Id say Im pretty good at cunnilingus. It was the only way my ex could orgasm. Knowing the rights spots is key, as is a good motion.
Reply 32
She should be confident and take the lead sometimes, thats sexy, a girl lying there waiting for the guy to make all the moves, not really.... and if she makes some noise but not loads.... just to let you know what she likes etc..... oh and willing to try different things and say what she wants....
Confidence is the biggest turn on, you dont need to be filthy but be confident in yourself and with your body.
Original post by placenta medicae talpae
Ways to be good in bed:

Do not wet the bed
Wish everybody 'good night' before going to bed
Do not get up in the middle of the night and disturb mummy and daddy
Remember to read at least part of a bedtime story
Remember to switch your light off
Bonus points if you take a hot water bottle with you
Extra bonus points for watching 'In the Night Garden' before beddy-byes

NB Points will be forcibly removed if you are caught watching out for the tooth fairy :angry:

Ahahaha a guy with my kind of sense of humour. Marry me! :ROFL:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AristoBrat!
Ahahaha a guy with my kind of sense of humour. Marry me! :ROFL:

A marriage proposal!
I'll consider, and get back to you by means of TSR quote.
Who said romance was dead.

But first
... are you good in bed?

Spoiler

Reply 36
Original post by hurricaneee
Confidence is the biggest turn on, you dont need to be filthy but be confident in yourself and with your body.

I agree - but surely it is better if it is the female who is confident? If she knows what she wants then both parties can get everything they want??
Is being confident for a female saying she likes to have sex with more than 1 guy at the same time?
Suzie
x
I don't really get all of this. Do we really vary all that much? (Apart from the ones who fall asleep, which I DON'T get at all)

Somebody in an earlier post said confidence, surely that's the most important thing.
Don't forget communication - by both partners. Everything from talking before and after about what/when/where/how/why you really like something, through to desperate gasps of 'faster/slower' or 'harder/softer' during the crucial moments.
Reply 39
Not Good: Doesn't Move.
Good: Moves.

Seriously I've had sex with girls that fully take control/push me over and start riding. Its hot as **** when girls do this.

I've also had sex with girls that lay there and "take it" whilst thinking that moaning and saying "Oh <NAME HERE> it feels so good."

One of my exe's admitted to my best female friend that she enjoys just lying there as she loves all the attention. It was boring of her to lie there but yeah she wore lingerie and scratched the **** out of my back so I was up for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending