The Student Room Group

Do you apply to university during or after your gap-year?

If I don't opt for deferred entry, which I haven't, will I be expected to apply to university during my gap year? So, for example, as a medical applicant, will I be expected to apply by October 2014, even though I'm on a gap year? Would it be okay if I just wanted a complete year away from the likes of school and university and so applied, after my gap-year, which would be in October 2015? So I would be 20 when I started university?

What that put me at any distinct advantage or would I still be on the same boat as the other applicants? Provided I was just as competitive and demonstrated I still had all of the pre-existing A-Level knowledge.
Thanks.
Original post by StudiousMedic
If I don't opt for deferred entry, which I haven't, will I be expected to apply to university during my gap year? So, for example, as a medical applicant, will I be expected to apply by October 2014, even though I'm on a gap year? Would it be okay if I just wanted a complete year away from the likes of school and university and so applied, after my gap-year, which would be in October 2015? So I would be 20 when I started university?

What that put me at any distinct advantage or would I still be on the same boat as the other applicants? Provided I was just as competitive and demonstrated I still had all of the pre-existing A-Level knowledge.
Thanks.

You can start a university course (and therefore apply) at any age, so I don't think you'd be at any disadvantage. However, that would imply that you'd have two gap years.
Two gap year would be too brutal... Unless you have a full time working 40 hours a week, it can get pretty lonely...I would suggest just apply during your gap year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest