The Student Room Group

Lots of Law.

Hey everyone! I'm in a dilemma.
I'm planning on studying Law at University but I need companion subjects.
I've read numerous times that Literature and Economics are the best subjects to combine with Law. Any opinions?

I wouldn't mind studying all three but won't that be a truckload of reading to do? Which will be better than the other.
Any advice is welcome. Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by demiroux
Hey everyone! I'm in a dilemma.
I'm planning on studying Law at University but I need companion subjects.
I've read numerous times that Literature and Economics are the best subjects to combine with Law. Any opinions?

I wouldn't mind studying all three but won't that be a truckload of reading to do? Which will be better than the other.
Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Why do you need companion subjects? Will you be going to a Scottish uni? At most places Law is studied on its own as it requires enough work on its own! Your right that Law & English would equal a lot of reading together, don't think Economics involves so much (probally depends if its BSc or BA though)
Reply 2
Really? I didn't know.
Nah, studying at Leeds! Thanks for the info though!
Reply 3
Normally if you do other subjects alongside law you will get a BA effectively combined honours, rather than LLB. If you want to practice, or be able to practice, law, then I would advise you make sure that your course contains all compulsory modules for a qualifying degree. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by demiroux
Really? I didn't know.
Nah, studying at Leeds! Thanks for the info though!

It's the case for most degrees in England, you generally focus on that subject with maybe a module or two in similar ones rather than doing completley different courses. The only English uni I've known that makes you choose two companion subjects in Lancaster and looking at the LLB law course content for Leeds its all compulsory law modules in first year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending