The Student Room Group

Conan O'Brien's disgustingly racist tweet sparks outrage across the world

BYl_74uIcAAqv42.jpg

Article: http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/latest-late-night-host-to-come-under-fire--conan-o-brien-slammed-for-tweet-about-muslim-marvel-superhero-173752972.html

He has since deleted it.

I can't believe this guy would post something like this? I thought he was a cool liberal who wouldn't stand for such bigotry? Nazism failed, doesn't he realise it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
who he ?
Reply 2
Muslims are not a race, they belong to a religion.

Second of all it is a play on stereotypes, calm down. And why exactly should liberals appease a totally misogynistic practice?
Reply 3
Original post by Swanbow
Muslims is not a race, it is a religion.

Second of all it is a play on stereotypes, calm down. And why exactly should liberals appease a totally misogynistic practice?

My whole post was sarcastic if you didn't realise. The fact that you took it seriously just shows how ****ed up this world is.

Liberals are the ones complaining, Huffington post editors etc if you read the article also.
(edited 10 years ago)
I love conan
Reply 5
Original post by vendettax
My whole post was sarcastic if you didn't realise. The fact that you took it seriously just shows how ****ed up this world is.

Liberals are the ones complaining, Huffington post editors etc if you read the article also.

Sorry but with the whole 'We stand up against any perceived threat to Islam' brigade on TSR it is sometimes hard to shift sarcasm from reality.
(edited 10 years ago)
I see nothing racist in it. It might not be the case in this country, but it is certainly the case in a lot of Muslims worldwide especially in developing countries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My whole post was sarcastic if you didn't realise. The fact that you took it seriously just shows how phucked up this world is.

There was nothing in your post to suggest that you were being sarcastic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Who the **** is Conan O'Brien.
Reply 9
Original post by Scoobster
Who the **** is Conan O'Brien.

American late show host, comedian, and former Simpsons writer.
Reply 10
People need to chill out, it was funny and obviously a joke. I'm sure other comedians have said things that are a lot worse or at lease the same level.
From the look of the responses to his tweet it seems it was more outrage in America rather than across the world with people saying the girl in question is a 16 year old American who isn't married....so why try and get a cheap laugh at her expense by making out she's got a polygamous husband...

Americans aren't especially PC by nature but they will make use of their right to free speech, so if you make a crap joke you have to be willing to take the backlash and then not retreat in to saying its PC gone mad etc
Twatter :biggrin:

'I'm offended! I'm offended!'
I laughed. Oops.
Reply 14
My whole post was sarcastic if you didn't realise. The fact that you took it seriously just shows how phucked up this world is.

I don't think you understand sarcasm.
Reply 15
Original post by Drewski
I don't think you understand sarcasm.

Why not? Are you being sarcastic?
Reply 16
Reply 17
Original post by Al-Mudaari

Now that's a racist tweet.
Reply 18
Original post by Al-Mudaari

That's extreme irony and ACTUALLY racist this time.
Hardly racist.

Quick Reply