The Student Room Group

Physics 2014 Entry Hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by alow
That's strange, but the prefect thing would be good because they would like that from your referee and I'm sure they won't blame you for him making a mistake after you gave them the real UMS anyway :smile:

Perhaps you should warn anyone else who he's writing a reference for to check it first though... :laugh::laugh:

Haha! He's my (awesome) physics teacher too! But i put my module grades on my UCAS application so hopefully other unis will spot that it's his mistake :smile:
Reply 1121
Original post by Jatom
Haha! He's my (awesome) physics teacher too! But i put my module grades on my UCAS application so hopefully other unis will spot that it's his mistake :smile:

Yeah I'm sure they will. My college said not to put modules on UCAS :/
Reply 1122
Original post by alow
Yeah I'm sure they will. My college said not to put modules on UCAS :/

I think i did it because i read that imperial wanted them.
Reply 1123
Original post by Jatom
I think i did it because i read that imperial wanted them.

Hmm. Maybe for Imperial it didn't matter for me because I already have some A Levels, they never emailed to ask for them or anything
Reply 1124
My god, Butler is gonna be SO oversubscribed for physics

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't even had a UMS request yet... Does everyone get one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1126
I wouldn't worry, this happened to me too, I panicked loads, then I read that they ask of ALL applicants, and in time, the email came!

Chill :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1127
Original post by Agate
My god, Butler is gonna be SO oversubscribed for physics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely. If there's this many of us on TSR applying for there the nthere's probably loads...
Reply 1128
Original post by alow
Definitely. If there's this many of us on TSR applying for there the nthere's probably loads...

Which is both awesome and frustrating at the same time, because I LOVE that college ;P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1129
Original post by Agate
Which is both awesome and frustrating at the same time, because I LOVE that college ;P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where else have you applied? I'm guessing Durham is your first choice?
Reply 1130
does anyone know what the chances are of me getting an offer
10A's 1C at GCSE
ABBC at AS level (maths, physics, biology, chem-2ums off B)
A*AABa perdicted Alevels (Maths, Physics, Biology Chem, Further maths)
I am appling to Durham Edinburgh Bristol Exeter and UCL/KCL
Reply 1131
Original post by alow
Where else have you applied? I'm guessing Durham is your first choice?

Yes and no, all depends on Cambridge! :P (applied to Durham, Cam, Manchester, Edibrurgh and Birmingham)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1132
Original post by Agate
Yes and no, all depends on Cambridge! :P (applied to Durham, Cam, Manchester, Edibrurgh and Birmingham)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha same for me! :tongue:

I applied to Durham, Manchester, Warwick, Imperial and Cambridge but I'm pretty sure that if I don't get into Cambridge I'm pretty sure I'll go to Manchester or Imperial (if I get an offer from them).
Reply 1133
I have an interview at Manchester and Cambridge, one STRAIGHT after the other :'(

Durham is like perfect for me though, I so hope I get in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1134
Original post by alow
Haha same for me! :tongue:

I applied to Durham, Manchester, Warwick, Imperial and Cambridge but I'm pretty sure that if I don't get into Cambridge I'm pretty sure I'll go to Manchester or Imperial (if I get an offer from them).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1135
Original post by Agate
I have an interview at Manchester and Cambridge, one STRAIGHT after the other :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry about your Manchester interview, they're not stressful in the slightest.

I really don't want to have to wait until March or something to hear from Durham!
Reply 1136
Original post by amylilac
does anyone know what the chances are of me getting an offer
10A's 1C at GCSE
ABBC at AS level (maths, physics, biology, chem-2ums off B)
A*AABa perdicted Alevels (Maths, Physics, Biology Chem, Further maths)
I am appling to Durham Edinburgh Bristol Exeter and UCL/KCL

You should probably consider applying to a couple of ABB and maybe a BBB uni because those universities all have entry requirements higher than what you have at AS, so you don't find yourself missing your firm choice and insurance. Bear in mind that when a standard offer is something like AAA-ABB the lower is usually for contextual offers, which you have to have extenuating circumstances to get.
Original post by Jatom
Actually he made two mistakes... he said i'm "an outstanding prefect" when I'm not even a prefect. He also mentioned me getting full marks in "3 exams including M2"... but he meant M1. Haha :smile:

That's the poor quality teachers you get at blazer boy grammars

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone had an offer from Exeter for Physics yet? I've been to interview and have been waiting for over a week :s-smilie:
Manchester replied to me within 24 hours of interview, and Warwick didn't even interview!
Original post by Agate

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have an interview at Manchester, so you basically have an offer :s-smilie: they only give interviews to people who are getting offers, the interview is just in case you miss your grades and they want to have something to look at to decide whether to take you anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending