The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Procrastinator123
Does anyone know what Manchester give the most importance to when giving offers (Personal statement, predicted AS grades, GCSE grades)? Or is it just a mixture of them all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh I think its a mix of everything only because my AS weren't that great and I still got an offer for Law at AAB. So I think they take into account everything and weight it up for a decision :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by aliakhan
Ooooo not bad!! me? lool im definetly firming UoM for Law Insha Allah :tongue: i pray that you do well in ur lnats, just remember not to panick!!:biggrin: :colondollar: im also still waiting for my offer from Exeter for ALw with European studies as well as UoM for straight Law :smile: :redface:

Hopefully! If we both firm UoM might see you there in person! Haha :smile: Thanks btw will try to keep calm! :o:D
Got an offer for Linguistics :biggrin: Anyone going to the open day this wednesday?:colondollar:
Reply 563
Original post by ItsJustMe17
Hopefully! If we both firm UoM might see you there in person! Haha :smile: Thanks btw will try to keep calm! :o:D

Ahahah , AllahuAalim :colondollar:

InshaAllah but it wud be funny nd nice to see u at UoM :mmm::yep: Keep calm and study hard!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 564
My interview for computer science is tomorrow. I'm very nervous atm.......
Reply 565
I've applied for physics on 11th October and heard from all universities except from Manchester and Edinburgh. This is known for replying late as all scottish unis, but Manchester is making me worry.
Is anyone else in the same position?
Reply 566
Original post by IlariaM
I've applied for physics on 11th October and heard from all universities except from Manchester and Edinburgh. This is known for replying late as all scottish unis, but Manchester is making me worry.

My friend applied to Edinburgh on 15th of October for Mathematics & Physics, he received an offer within 5 days.
Reply 567
Original post by indieguy
My friend applied to Edinburgh on 15th of October for Mathematics & Physics, he received an offer within 5 days.

He's so lucky! Is he an international applicant? They tend to receive earlier offers.
Reply 568
Original post by IlariaM
He's so lucky! Is he an international applicant? They tend to receive earlier offers.

He is an international student but we're studying at Manchester. So I don't know whether I can categorised him as an an international applicant or not.
Reply 569
any optometry applicants? so nervous just applied on friday :L does manchester have an interview for optom?? x aaagh the stress!:s-smilie:
Reply 570
Original post by Procrastinator123
Congrats! :smile: What were your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks! I was predicted A*AB :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 571
got offer for materials science AAB; my predicted grades are A*ABB.
Reply 572
Original post by IlariaM

I applied on the 8th of October and had a letter for an interview on the 13th of October.

If they haven't rejected you I'd assume they're still considering you, just maybe waiting until the January deadline when they have all applications or something like that?
Reply 573
Original post by alow
I applied on the 8th of October and had a letter for an interview on the 13th of October.

If they haven't rejected you I'd assume they're still considering you, just maybe waiting until the January deadline when they have all applications or something like that?

Hope this is not the case, but in the end, it would be better than a straight rejection.
Anyway, I'm an EU applicant, I don't know if this can be the reason of the delay.
Reply 574
Original post by IlariaM
Hope this is not the case, but in the end, it would be better than a straight rejection.
Anyway, I'm an EU applicant, I don't know if this can be the reason of the delay.

That could be the reason I suppose :smile:
Just got an offer to do BA History! AAA my first offer and I'm ECSTATIC !!!! :biggrin:
Reply 576
Original post by chlodobaggins
Just got an offer to do BA History! AAA my first offer and I'm ECSTATIC !!!! :biggrin:

Congrats!
Original post by frenchiex
Congrats!

thank you so much! :smile:
Mines' AAAB
Offer for Geology ABB, only just had the interview on Saturday, got it so soon. Happy :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending