The Student Room Group

descriptive writing help please

hi well my question for my ca is describe the scene in a local park and my description is quiet dark at the park there is one drunken guy on his own please can you give me any help/advice thank you in advance
Reply 1
Well if you're writing descriptively then just use your imagination and describe what you could imagine seeing in that situation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Remember all the senses.

Elaborate on each description.

Vary syntax length.

Include some techniques just because you have to but don't go overboard.
Five senses! Describe everything you smell, hear, taste, touch and smell in vivid detail. Make it something you would want to read.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by monisj1
hi well my question for my ca is describe the scene in a local park and my description is quiet dark at the park there is one drunken guy on his own please can you give me any help/advice thank you in advance

Be original. Don't use cliches. Remember the figurative techniques available to you (similes, metaphors, personification...), but don't overuse these. Try to use interesting verbs rather than piling up the adjectives. Focus on small, unexpected things rather than the scene as a big picture - it's much more interesting.
Original post by Nerol
Be original. Don't use cliches. Remember the figurative techniques available to you (similes, metaphors, personification...), but don't overuse these. Try to use interesting verbs rather than piling up the adjectives. Focus on small, unexpected things rather than the scene as a big picture - it's much more interesting.

Yeah I agree with this, the more original you are the more standout it'll be and you'll secure marks.

You've done this in a way by using an old drunk man as opposed to a park full of happy young children and parents!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending