The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Barcelona, Man U, and since this season Bayern Munich for that Super Cup final... Also Stoke because I dont like the way they play
Reply 21
Original post by Kiss
Real Madrid

+1

There is no club in the world I hate more than Madrid. The president, politics, infinite debt and the fact its more of a financial enterprise than a football club. Its the one club I love seeing fail in the CL.
Original post by Jkizer
Millwall.

The fans just ruin the club.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they've got the worst fans ever, they cause trouble everywhere they go.
Reply 23
Celtic. I dislike other teams, but nothing comes close to my hatred of Celtic.

Other I don't like are Man Utd, Liverpool, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Real Madrid.
Original post by 90pies an hour
Half a page and no mentions of Leeds? ****s sake we must be going soft...

I want Leeds to get promoted :sad: They belong in the Premier League and the sooner they are back the better. I used to despise them but it's hard to dislike a team you've played twice in ten years. I'm sure once they eventually do normal order will be restored, but it will be nice to have a couple more meaningful, passionate games in the fixture list.
Reply 25
Kettering Town, Northampton Town, Luton Town and in terms of bigger, non local teams, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool.
Reply 26
I saw something a few weeks back and it said that Burnley were the most hated football league club, I think Leeds were 2nd or may have been 3rd behind Millwall
Reply 27
Original post by mikey_hale
I saw something a few weeks back and it said that Burnley were the most hated football league club, I think Leeds were 2nd or may have been 3rd behind Millwall

Having had the misfortune to pass through Burnley, I find it hard not to feel a degree of sympathy for its inhabitants.
Reply 28
Original post by pane123
Having had the misfortune to pass through Burnley, I find it hard not to feel a degree of sympathy for its inhabitants.

I've never been there myself, but I've heard it's a bit of a ****hole!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
Millwall due to their fans, Manu (I'm a leeds fan so it's kinda just there) and I don't particularly like burnley or hull

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
MK franchise..... im sorry to say it initial poster, but I hate MK. just the way that the club was effectively taken away from the fans and everything changed about them, and how they were effectively a new football club allowed to take position in, I think, league one.

also, dean lewington is a right dirty **** every time we've played you
Reply 31
Newcastle. I hate the way their fans think they have a divine right to success.
Reply 32
Original post by bluester
MK franchise..... im sorry to say it initial poster, but I hate MK. just the way that the club was effectively taken away from the fans and everything changed about them, and how they were effectively a new football club allowed to take position in, I think, league one.

also, dean lewington is a right dirty **** every time we've played you

I don't mind people hating the club as its origins are very controversial. But we are a very good upcoming club in terms of facilities, and work in the community. Our origins will never change though. Do you agree that it is unfair that the local MK people get abuse though, when really they are simply supporting their local team
I don't see why so many people hate manchester united

Consistently play young english players - haven't fielded a squad without a youth player since 1937 so not fully reliant on bought players, generally speaking don't spend as much as the likes of city, barca, bayern, madrid, psg, chelsea or even liverpool.

I think there was a time after the munich air disaster where people liked united but now it's all seemed to have changed

Thoughts anyone?
Reply 34
Barcelona, Barcelona B, Barcelona youth.
Reply 35
Original post by mikey_hale
I don't mind people hating the club as its origins are very controversial. But we are a very good upcoming club in terms of facilities, and work in the community. Our origins will never change though. Do you agree that it is unfair that the local MK people get abuse though, when really they are simply supporting their local team

im in two minds about this bit. if MK dons has been the only football team people have known, I suppose its ok and good to support a local team. but the question I always ask mk fans is who they supported before and why they switched alliances. its amazing the amount of casual fans who would have been at Northampton or (which pisses me off most of all) wycombe or any other club.

MK dons fans will always get abuse because of the clubs origins, and rightly so because the origins are horrible. as a dons fan, imagine of your club was uprooted tomorrow and moved to, I don't know, warrington
Reply 36
I'm a leeds fan, I'm used to being hated.. I'd say millwall's fans are the worst though.
Dislike Manchester United and Chelsea. Obviously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
West Brom - Dirty scum.
Reply 38
Original post by bluester
im in two minds about this bit. if MK dons has been the only football team people have known, I suppose its ok and good to support a local team. but the question I always ask mk fans is who they supported before and why they switched alliances. its amazing the amount of casual fans who would have been at Northampton or (which pisses me off most of all) wycombe or any other club.

MK dons fans will always get abuse because of the clubs origins, and rightly so because the origins are horrible. as a dons fan, imagine of your club was uprooted tomorrow and moved to, I don't know, warrington

This reason is why many of our fans are U18 or parents taking their kids along to their local team. This is also why we don't have high attendances home or away, because we are many local fans' second team, but this will be different in generations to come
Reply 39
Original post by Medicine Boy
I don't see why so many people hate manchester united

Consistently play young english players - haven't fielded a squad without a youth player since 1937 so not fully reliant on bought players, generally speaking don't spend as much as the likes of city, barca, bayern, madrid, psg, chelsea or even liverpool.

I think there was a time after the munich air disaster where people liked united but now it's all seemed to have changed

Thoughts anyone?

its all opinion but I think the following factors come into play

- certain players diving - young, nani, Ronaldo was atrocious!
- "fergie time" and how united always seemed to get decisions. like everything else it was blown out of proportion by the media but man united always seem to get the luck - Pedro Mendes anyone?
- winning a lot - doesn't annoy me so much but some fans will get really fed up by this and hate on united for it

but the one that irritates me more than anything is the fans. its a stereotype but so many are arrogant London/southern based glory supporters who have never been to old Trafford, don't show up to school/work/social gatherings when they lose, brag to high heaven when they win and (though this isent all) would change to city or Chelsea if united stopped winning titles

Latest