University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone do english and media ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by evie2014
Got an offer for History and English yesterday!!! :biggrin: Unconditional if I put it as my firm :biggrin: so pleased :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! I've applied for the same course, but only submitted a few days ago! Out of curiosity, what were your GCSE and AS level results, and predicted grades if you don't mind sharing? I would love an unconditional haha!!
Conditional offer of AAA for MSci in Biological Science! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 483
Just received an offer for biochemistry and unconditional if I firm it :smile:
It would be my dream to get an unconditional, it's my local university and I plan on firming it anyway, but my college hasn't sent my references yet so my UCAS hasn't been seen by any universities, I'm worried that I'll be too late for an unconditional D:
Just received a conditional offer for English with creative writing, has anybody else gotten one yet?
Original post by Wintabix
Just received an offer for biochemistry and unconditional if I firm it :smile:

Congrats! :smile: Is this for the Bsc or the Msci? How long ago did you send off your application?
Also do you mind me asked what your predicteds are? (sorry for all the questions, I'm waiting to hear!)
Reply 487
Hi,
Has anyone received an offer for business and if yes is anyone going to the subject specific open day?
Reply 488
Original post by jenniferkaytie
It would be my dream to get an unconditional, it's my local university and I plan on firming it anyway, but my college hasn't sent my references yet so my UCAS hasn't been seen by any universities, I'm worried that I'll be too late for an unconditional D:

Don't worry you have until January to send your UCAS and you'll still be equally considered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone booked a visit day yet? I'm going in for economics
Reply 490
Original post by bookluva4eva
Just received a conditional offer for English with creative writing, has anybody else gotten one yet?

Ahh congrats! when did you send in your application if you dont mind me asking? Waiting for a reply on English myself!
How long does Birmingham take to reply on average? The wait is horrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 492
Original post by RunningInHeels

Posted from TSR Mobile

Completely agree, it's torture :frown: What have you applied for?
Original post by lilkeys
Completely agree, it's torture :frown: What have you applied for?

I've applied twice! One for philosophy, religion and ethics, second for just philosophy. I really really want to get into the PRE programme! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 494
Just had a conditional offer for History:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 495
Original post by StevenGreeen
Well done! I've applied for the same course, but only submitted a few days ago! Out of curiosity, what were your GCSE and AS level results, and predicted grades if you don't mind sharing? I would love an unconditional haha!!

Thank you! :biggrin: Yeah of course, I got 6 A's, 6 A*'s, one B at GCSE, then ABB + 3 Distinction*'s (Extended Drama BTEC) at AS, and I'm predicted AAA, plus a predicted A/A* in EPQ :smile: But I think my reference, extra curriculars and personal statement reaaallly helped! I play the violin to grade 8, play lots of sport, Head Girl etc, so I think that they liked that. Fingers crossed for you! :P

Check out this link for more info! http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/unconditional-offer-scheme-2014.aspx

It's cool you've applied for the same course, none of my friends have ahah! Where else you applied? I've got offers from Keele (BBB) and Loughborough (ABB) as well, but I sent my form off on 21st October - I haven't heard back from York or Nottingham yet, but I will definitely be firming Birmingham anyway! :smile: It took 20 days for me to hear back from Birmingham BTW!
Reply 496
Hi , i'm new to this so i'm really sorry if i am posting this in the wrong section. I am asking a question regarding uni accomodation. I was just wondering if theres is a distance limit you need to live from the uni to be eligible for a maintanence grant? I have searched online for this but i cannot find any info about it.

Thanks for your help
Reply 497

Posted from TSR Mobile

They took exactly 6 weeks for me but that was the biosciences department :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by evie2014
Thank you! :biggrin: Yeah of course, I got 6 A's, 6 A*'s, one B at GCSE, then ABB + 3 Distinction*'s (Extended Drama BTEC) at AS, and I'm predicted AAA, plus a predicted A/A* in EPQ :smile: But I think my reference, extra curriculars and personal statement reaaallly helped! I play the violin to grade 8, play lots of sport, Head Girl etc, so I think that they liked that. Fingers crossed for you! :P

Check out this link for more info! http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/unconditional-offer-scheme-2014.aspx

It's cool you've applied for the same course, none of my friends have ahah! Where else you applied? I've got offers from Keele (BBB) and Loughborough (ABB) as well, but I sent my form off on 21st October - I haven't heard back from York or Nottingham yet, but I will definitely be firming Birmingham anyway! :smile: It took 20 days for me to hear back from Birmingham BTW!

Thanks for the link! My GCSE's aren't amazing so I doubt that I'll be offered an unconditional, I got 4 A*s, 3 As, 2 Bs and 2 Cs!!! I've applied for York, Leicester and Nottingham as well, with Notts being my favourite so far, and I've got an offer from UEA (ABB)!

My UCS was only submitted a week ago so it'll probably be a few more weeks before I hear from the rest. Good luck with your other offers!! :smile:
Reply 499

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it must depend department-department, but I only applied Friday 8th November, got a confirmation email Monday 12th November and got an offer today - Tuesday 19th, so 8 days after receiving the confirmation email. BA Geography with Year Abroad, that is!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending