The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA 2014 Freshers

Scroll to see replies

Got a conditional offer today for International Relations & Politics with ABB entry grades! Delighted :biggrin:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 121
Im applying for 2 courses at UEA

Course: Economics with International development and overseas experience
Requirements: ABB
AS Grades: BBC
Predicted: AAB

Course: Geography with International development and overseas experience

Really hope I get an offer! Love development so much! fingers crossed sending my application off tomorrow!
Reply 122
Original post by KatyBenson
Guys I got my offer today! :bl:

I'M SO PLEASED! :sexface: :party: :headbang:
International Development with Social Anthropology and Politics (With an overseas experience)
Grade Requirement: ABB

Original post by Denso
Im applying for 2 courses at UEA

Course: Economics with International development and overseas experience

Course: Geography with International development and overseas experience

Really hope I get an offer! Love development so much! fingers crossed sending my application off tomorrow!

Well done guys.

Just to let you know I'm doing my postgrad at the development school and I have to say the standard of teaching is excellent. Compared to anywhere else I've studied including the UEA Economics department, the teachers seem so passionate, enthusiastic and friendly, and many are Oxbridge/LSE graduates. Also the staff-student ratio is great and DEV is a very social department if you're into that side of things. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Original post by Michael J18 :)
Awesome! :biggrin: the year abroad looks like an amazing experience, both culturally and academically :smile: ahh, when I submitted my application the typical offer was AAB, which was my offer, then like a week later I looked on the website and saw that they changed the typical offer to ABB. I emailed them and they changed my offer to ABB, which is awesome because now there's less pressure on me for my A levels :biggrin: what about you? Also, are you going to the department visit day on 7 December? :smile:

I thought the entry requirements had changed as mine's the same offer as yours but I thought it would have been higher. I work in a book shop part-time and I couldn't get the 7th off as it's coming up to Christmas so I'm going in February :/ but we'll have to keep in touch as I'm going to be terrified moving to UEA, I'm from Wales haha.
Reply 124
Hi guys,

I think that it's a good idea to gather all the UEA law applicants together :smile:
I guess there was such a topic, but I'm not sure.

Post all your questions, entry points or whatever connected with this topic.

I also would like to know if 34IB is an average entry for Law w/ Am. Law.
Hope we'll meet together next year :biggrin:
Original post by taragulwell
I thought the entry requirements had changed as mine's the same offer as yours but I thought it would have been higher. I work in a book shop part-time and I couldn't get the 7th off as it's coming up to Christmas so I'm going in February :/ but we'll have to keep in touch as I'm going to be terrified moving to UEA, I'm from Wales haha.

Yeah, I asked them why they changed the grade requirements and they said there was a change of policy or something :s-smilie: But I think ABB is definitely very achievable! :tongue: ahh right, fair enough. Oh wow, so you'll be moving quite a way then! I already live in Norfolk, I can catch a bus at my local High Street and be in Norwich within about 50-60 minutes, so it's not such a big move for me :biggrin: Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine, and we'll definitely keep in touch :smile:
Original post by uh-oh-its-geo
Hello!
Course: Liberal Arts
Grade Requirement: AAB
AS Grades: ABBD (Art, English, Business and French, I've dropped French - haha!)
Predicted A2 Grades: AAB
Anyone else doing Liberal Arts?

Hiiiiii, I'm doing Liberal Arts too!
Course Requirements: AAB
AS Levels: BCD
A2 Predictions: AAA
:smile:
Reply 127
Anyone applied for English lit and drama?? I've had an invite to an interview/audition next week :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 128
On and my AS grades were AABC, my course is AAB and my predicted are AAA(I think, although they haven't actually said). If I get an offer then it'll be my first choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiiii,

Is anyone else thinking of or already applied to do Liberal Arts at UEA?

I couldn't find a thread so I just thought I'd start one :smile:
Reply 130
Just got an offer for English Lit! Very excited :biggrin:
Original post by cremeeggaddict

How are your predicted grades so high??
Original post by cremeeggaddict

Ahhh, theres more of us! - Hii! <3
Original post by taragulwell
woo american studies department! UCLA looks amazing

MAJOR CHEERS :jive::jive::top::top::top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Michael J18 :)
Yeah, I suppose it's good to be prepared :biggrin: Yeah, I love the look of California, to me it seems to be the hub for writers in America, and obviously as I'm doing a literature degree I want to be where all the writers are, haha :tongue: But I think California will be really expensive :frown: It's soooo difficult to choose though, UEA has like 40 study abroad institutions, which just makes it that much more difficult to choose :confused: Haha, at least it'll be easy to pick you out from the crowd then :tongue: Have you spent time in Norwich yet? It's an incredible city! (I think so, anyway) :biggrin:

Hahaa I do think I'm a bit TOO prepared. But oh well!! :colondollar:
Hahaa yeahh, California definitely sounds like a good place to be for you, but yeah it's just the cost :/
EXACTLY, with other universities it's a bit easier because they only have a few American unis where'd I'd be like ok yeah I'd like to go there.
Hahaa ohh you'll probably hear me before you see me lol
Yeah we spent the weekend in the city when we went for the open day. Not nearly enough time to see everything but I fell in love with Norwich. :yep:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GTSwattsy
How are your predicted grades so high??

My dad fell critically ill just before exam season so I had a hard time focusing, but I'm resitting 4 out of my 6 AS modules and I had an A average for all of AS so I guess my predicted are based on that
Original post by uh-oh-its-geo
Ahhh, theres more of us! - Hii! <3

Yaaaaaaaaaay, hello!! <3
Original post by nicole.elkins
Hahaa I do think I'm a bit TOO prepared. But oh well!! :colondollar:
Hahaa yeahh, California definitely sounds like a good place to be for you, but yeah it's just the cost :/
EXACTLY, with other universities it's a bit easier because they only have a few American unis where'd I'd be like ok yeah I'd like to go there.
Hahaa ohh you'll probably hear me before you see me lol
Yeah we spent the weekend in the city when we went for the open day. Not nearly enough time to see everything but I fell in love with Norwich. :yep:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, if California was cheaper that it would definitely be my top choice for the year abroad, but I've been looking at the unis near New York as I love New York City sooo much and going to a uni in New York State would probably mean I could spend loads of time in NYC!!:biggrin: But we'll see.
Yeah, although the range of study abroad institutions is just another one the many reasons I've firmed UEA, it is difficult to choose :s-smilie:
Norwich is such an amazing city!! I live on the Norfolk coast just by Norwich, so I go there quite often, and each time I go the more I just can't wait to live there! :biggrin:
Got an offer for English and History, for ABB!!!!
Reply 139
Helloo

Course: Geography with International Development and overseas experience
AS Grades: AABC (geography,maths, biology and chemistry which I dropped)

Sent my application last week so hopefully will get an offer, fingers crossed! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending