The Student Room Group

emphasis on GCSE's

Hi guys, I am just wondering what is the emphasis on GCSE grades for physics with foundation year at university? (Nottingham, Birmingham, York, Sheffield and Manchester)

note: York is actually first year entry (can go to first year entry with just AS maths)

My GCSE's are: 1 B, 10 C's (maths, and physics here) and 1 D

AS: ABB (Chemistry, biology, physics respectively)

A2 predictions: AAB (B in physics) and A in AS maths (self taught but backed up with reference from head of maths due to poor GCSE result)

I know the B prediction in physics is a problem but unfortunately there is nothing I can do about that (although it does say on my physics reference that I an on track for an A)

thank you
Original post by madmadmax321
Hi guys, I am just wondering what is the emphasis on GCSE grades for physics with foundation year at university? (Nottingham, Birmingham, York, Sheffield and Manchester)

note: York is actually first year entry (can go to first year entry with just AS maths)

My GCSE's are: 1 B, 10 C's (maths, and physics here) and 1 D

AS: ABB (Chemistry, biology, physics respectively)

A2 predictions: AAB (B in physics) and A in AS maths (self taught but backed up with reference from head of maths due to poor GCSE result)

I know the B prediction in physics is a problem but unfortunately there is nothing I can do about that (although it does say on my physics reference that I an on track for an A)

thank you

So long as you meet the stated entry requirements on the university's website, then it's worth you applying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending