The Student Room Group

Ladies LGBT Introductory thread.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by haylsgils
Hey there, as it's an introductory thread, I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself!
Also, any advice on generally talking to girls, hinting they're hot as **** without sounding creepy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If someone ever finds this out too.. let me know xD Or even just how to flirt properly

Original post by MelissaJayne
I second this, Orange is the New Black is probably the best TV series I've seen in a long time. The relationships feel so real; it's as equally intense and emotional as it is hilarious. Such clever scripting..gah..hurry up season two.

I can't wait, except Alex Vause is only in like 4 episodes :frown: I'll hvae to cope with just greys anatomy for now!
I love crazy eyes... chocolate and vanilla swirl swirl :tongue:
Original post by lcsurfer
If someone ever finds this out too.. let me know xD Or even just how to flirt properly

I can't wait, except Alex Vause is only in like 4 episodes :frown: I'll hvae to cope with just greys anatomy for now!
I love crazy eyes... chocolate and vanilla swirl swirl :tongue:

Is she? Ah that's a shame, Alex is good and the Chapman Vause chemistry is very watchable! Oh you just went up even further in my estimations with the Greys comment, I've been watching season 10 online, as amazing as ever! A show that can go 10 seasons and still be that good? Impressive.

In terms of the first part of your message, I don't think there's any real way to flirt properly or improperly; we all have our own unique personalities and styles of communication, different things work for different people. I'd just say be confident, that's usually the best basis to start with! Plus, compliments are usually accepted rather than viewed as creepy, if you think a girl is 'hot as ****' you go for it and tell her that! Nothing wrong with hot as **** 😏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is she? Ah that's a shame, Alex is good and the Chapman Vause chemistry is very watchable! Oh you just went up even further in my estimations with the Greys comment, I've been watching season 10 online, as amazing as ever! A show that can go 10 seasons and still be that good? Impressive.

In terms of the first part of your message, I don't think there's any real way to flirt properly or improperly; we all have our own unique personalities and styles of communication, different things work for different people. I'd just say be confident, that's usually the best basis to start with! Plus, compliments are usually accepted rather than viewed as creepy, if you think a girl is 'hot as ****' you go for it and tell her that! Nothing wrong with hot as ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, there was an article on twitter (not that I follow all the OITNB or greys anatomy cast or anything... :rolleyes: ) haha I'm loving season 10! Have you seen the lastest callie-centric episode? soo good!
Yeah I'm a pretty decent gay with the TV :tongue: I netflixed the L word over the summer, pretty decent show. Have you ever seen lost girl?

Yeah I'm just awkward at flirting, or I have a few drinks and all of a sudden I think I'm amazing. haha, creepy compliments!
Hey guys, from Swindon living in Newport for uni, bisexual.

What's the happy-haps? (Lame, I know, but disturbingly common greeting from me :smile:
Yeah, there was an article on twitter (not that I follow all the OITNB or greys anatomy cast or anything... :rolleyes: ) haha I'm loving season 10! Have you seen the lastest callie-centric episode? soo good!
Yeah I'm a pretty decent gay with the TV :tongue: I netflixed the L word over the summer, pretty decent show. Have you ever seen lost girl?

Yeah I'm just awkward at flirting, or I have a few drinks and all of a sudden I think I'm amazing. haha, creepy compliments!

Yeah, Callie is awesome, loved the episode around her, a big part of me wants her to go back to Arizona, another part of me wants her to come to me instead haha. Never seen Lost Girl, any good? Always open to new suggestions!

Haha drink confidence is amazing, I think most of us get it; all sorts of outrageous lines start coming out but they say a drunk woman's word are a sober woman's thoughts! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by buchanan700
Hey guys, from Swindon living in Newport for uni, bisexual.

What's the happy-haps? (Lame, I know, but disturbingly common greeting from me :smile:

Any greeting will do. Hello :smile: I'm from Essex, living in....Essex for Uni (don't let that be an indication of my sense of adventure! I have been known to leave Essex on occasion, promise.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any greeting will do. Hello :smile: I'm from Essex, living in....Essex for Uni (don't let that be an indication of my sense of adventure! I have been known to leave Essex on occasion, promise.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin: Oh I'm sure you have. Do you have an accent though, c'est la question? I'd swap my farrrrmeeerr accent for an Essex one :tongue:
:biggrin: Oh I'm sure you have. Do you have an accent though, c'est la question? I'd swap my farrrrmeeerr accent for an Essex one :tongue:

Unfortunately I do. A happy trade I'm willing to make, farmer undertones are adorable!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, Callie is awesome, loved the episode around her, a big part of me wants her to go back to Arizona, another part of me wants her to come to me instead haha. Never seen Lost Girl, any good? Always open to new suggestions!

Haha drink confidence is amazing, I think most of us get it; all sorts of outrageous lines start coming out but they say a drunk woman's word are a sober woman's thoughts! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha I'm the same... I'll happily comfort either one of them haha. I wonder if the intern will go a bit crazy not she's been kicked out.
Lost girls is really good. A bit buffy-like but is centered around a character that feeds off sex. sounds weird but tis amazing :biggrin:

ahh, It's just that realisation the next day of what you've done or said haha. They also say if your bad at dancing your bad at sex... I still don't believe that
Unfortunately I do. A happy trade I'm willing to make, farmer undertones are adorable!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Adorable? They'd love you here :P Although it is a Wiltshire one, so not quite as strong as say a 'Samerset' etc.
I may or may not have been listening to the wurzels when I saw your reply
haha I'm the same... I'll happily comfort either one of them haha. I wonder if the intern will go a bit crazy not she's been kicked out.
Lost girls is really good. A bit buffy-like but is centered around a character that feeds off sex. sounds weird but tis amazing :biggrin:

ahh, It's just that realisation the next day of what you've done or said haha. They also say if your bad at dancing your bad at sex... I still don't believe that

Interesting! I may have to give that one a little watch. Aha is that what they say? Well, I'm pretty sure my dance skills are quite weak a few Vodkas down the line but never had any complaints about the later, so I don't think I believe it either. :rolleyes:
Adorable? They'd love you here :P Although it is a Wiltshire one, so not quite as strong as say a 'Samerset' etc.
I may or may not have been listening to the wurzels when I saw your reply

Aha, the excitement of one accent that's different among the masses; I'm sure the novelty of me would soon wear off! The Wurzels, brilliant..hope it was the combine harvester song.
Aha, the excitement of one accent that's different among the masses; I'm sure the novelty of me would soon wear off! The Wurzels, brilliant..hope it was the combine harvester song.

Of course :smile:
What course are you on?
Of course :smile:
What course are you on?

Journalism, don't worry I won't hack your phone! Haha. It's good fun, I like to write but we also do tv broadcasting and radio so it's nice to get hands on. What about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Journalism, don't worry I won't hack your phone! Haha. It's good fun, I like to write but we also do tv broadcasting and radio so it's nice to get hands on. What about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like good fun! I'm on the final year of Primary Education, currently sitting about a bit as having to defer placement for various reasons. Really, really tough but very rewarding :smile:
Interesting! I may have to give that one a little watch. Aha is that what they say? Well, I'm pretty sure my dance skills are quite weak a few Vodkas down the line but never had any complaints about the later, so I don't think I believe it either. :rolleyes:

haha mine are bad, I seem to think I'm beyonce after a few drinks... definately don't believe it... same with kareoke! Even if everyone has that signature song!

Sounds like good fun! I'm on the final year of Primary Education, currently sitting about a bit as having to defer placement for various reasons. Really, really tough but very rewarding :smile:

My cousin and my friend are in their final year of primary ed and loving it too, I have the upmost respect for priamry teachers. I couldnt do it :tongue:
haha mine are bad, I seem to think I'm beyonce after a few drinks... definately don't believe it... same with kareoke! Even if everyone has that signature song!

My cousin and my friend are in their final year of primary ed and loving it too, I have the upmost respect for priamry teachers. I couldnt do it :tongue:

It's certainly not for everyone. You need a very special kind of patience when dealing with 11 year olds... :P
It's certainly not for everyone. You need a very special kind of patience when dealing with 11 year olds... :P

haha tell me about it! I did some supply teaching in secondary ed last year, it was eeerrrr an experience. I had to teach PSHE/sex ed in some of the roughest schools... My first ever question was:
"miss what's rimming?"
haha tell me about it! I did some supply teaching in secondary ed last year, it was eeerrrr an experience. I had to teach PSHE/sex ed in some of the roughest schools... My first ever question was:
"miss what's rimming?"

Ha! I can honestly say I feel I feel for you though. I could never dream of going to secondary. :afraid: They'd eat me alive.

What did you say?! I remember having to awkwardly stand out stand outside the bathroom stall and give instructions on how to put a pad on...she put it the wrong way round the first time...:redface:
Ha! I can honestly say I feel I feel for you though. I could never dream of going to secondary. :afraid: They'd eat me alive.

What did you say?! I remember having to awkwardly stand out stand outside the bathroom stall and give instructions on how to put a pad on...she put it the wrong way round the first time...:redface:

I turned around to him and said in the most clinical way I could what rimming was... Wat really tipped me over the edge and caused me to stiffle my laughs was when the kid clearly thought about the answer and asked "Do you taste poo when you do it?"

I was also asked "Can oral sex get you pregnant?" and "What STI's make your knob fall off?"

aww bless, at 10 or 11 starting your period must be rough!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending