The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'd advise you all not to follow that link to that site is full of weirdos.
Original post by Profesh
You're not a woman: you're a crypto-misogynistic basement-dweller.

I want you to prove it, prove that I am not an extremely self-aware woman.

Why on earth would I have a female name, ask for maths help, register to this site a long while ago?

Exactly, there's more evidence to suggest that I am legitimate and not fake, now please scoot along. I have given my reason as to why I'm personally interested in the topic of male incelism.
Original post by isabelle york
I'm sorry but you are utterly ridiculous, you demonstrate no independent thought, it's quite embarrassing really.

I might actually think this is a troll post.

Reread the OP and see the person I quoted. This idea of "itz mostly personality, lookz dnt matta that much1" mentality is being reiterated in this very thread, another one added to the internet.

/steps outside into the real world *Literally lulz*.

I'm all for having a discussion but to come back with the troll argument just because someone disagrees with you is pathetic. I never said looks don't matter because they obviously do, you have to be attracted to the person you want to date after all. But what I was saying was that there are things as well as looks to take into consideration.
Um no, speak for yourself, OP. This is not a black or white issue. I BELIEVE that everyone is attractive in their own way because I've felt it myself. I've actually been attracted to guys who are normally considered ugly by many people because of other reasons like personality, intelligence etc. Seriously. I've been surprised myself but I know it's true. I, being a girl for one, am not here to spread charity by telling people,"oh you're beautiful, don't care about what others say! Sugar, candies and everything nice!" but I say it because I think it's true. It's a very complex topic, actually; attraction does not depend on one sole factor. It is different for every single person. I will agree that there are people who come across as very attractive to most people but that doesn't mean others who don't fit in the general category of "attractive" are not. I guess it's different for everyone; some people value looks a lot and others value other things. So please refrain from saying "us girls lie". I wouldn't want to be included. I've dated ugly guys (according to all my friends and their friends, too, in fact). So, surprise surprise, ugly people don't die alone!
Wow stfu and get me a ****ing slushie, I ain't got time for yo mean bull****.
Reply 25
Original post by pink pineapple
You may think like that, not all girls do though. Looks aren't everything when it comes to a relationship.

Meh. Some people just aren't attractive and that's difficult to look past. Even if you can look past it, can you be content with someone you find unattractive when there are plenty of attractive people in the world? It's not going to end well.
Reply 26
Well you got to look reasonably decent for a start so girls don't find you replusive when they look at you.
By decent I mean average looking, but nicely dressed, clean, good hygiene.
Girls tend to explore your personality more once she is sort of attracted/interested in you physically.

Now to OP's statment, yes I agree girls lie. Even though it isn't very helpful to the person but I'm sure it will make the person feel better. Now what really annoys me is not that girls lie and be fake, it is there are men in world that are so insecure they need to ask those sort of things.

The world is a harsh place and only the strong survives, either you fight, win and survive or lose and parish. :rolleyes:

Why on earth would I have a female name, ask for maths help, register to this site a long while ago?

Because apparently

You, lie.
Original post by xDave-
Meh. Some people just aren't attractive and that's difficult to look past. Even if you can look past it, can you be content with someone you find unattractive when there are plenty of attractive people in the world? It's not going to end well.

Depends. Of course you have to be attracted to the other person and often, their looks will be the first thing you notice. Although they don't have to be attractive in the conventional way, I've found some guys very attractive whereas other girls would've turned a blind eye at them.
I want you to prove it, prove that I am not an extremely self-aware woman.

Exactly, there's more evidence to suggest that I am legitimate and not fake, now please scoot along. I have given my reason as to why I'm personally interested in the topic of male incelism.

So you're female because you ask for maths help?? I think the fact you associate being bad at maths = being female is a bigger issue than not wanting to crush someones self-esteem/confidence :rolleyes:
Just because I don't fancy them, doesn't make them ugly. I don't fancy Jonathan Rhys Meyers, my friends drool over him whenever he's on screen. And while I'm basically comatose watching Thor because Tom Hiddleston is so adorable, my friends are like "Him? Nahhh"
Original post by pink pineapple
Depends. Of course you have to be attracted to the other person and often, their looks will be the first thing you notice. Although they don't have to be attractive in the conventional way, I've found some guys very attractive whereas other girls would've turned a blind eye at them.

Yes, exactly! If a girl thinks a guy, who other people regard as ugly, is attractive, she's automatically lying.. well.
Original post by Damsel in distress
Um no, speak for yourself, OP. This is not a black or white issue. I BELIEVE that everyone is attractive in their own way because I've felt it myself. I've actually been attracted to guys who are normally considered ugly by many people because of other reasons like personality, intelligence etc. Seriously. I've been surprised myself but I know it's true. I, being a girl for one, am not here to spread charity by telling people,"oh you're beautiful, don't care about what others say! Sugar, candies and everything nice!" but I say it because I think it's true. It's a very complex topic, actually; attraction does not depend on one sole factor. It is different for every single person. I will agree that there are people who come across as very attractive to most people but that doesn't mean others who don't fit in the general category of "attractive" are not. I guess it's different for everyone; some people value looks a lot and others value other things. So please refrain from saying "us girls lie". I wouldn't want to be included. I've dated ugly guys (according to all my friends and their friends, too, in fact). So, surprise surprise, ugly people don't die alone!

This. Very eloquently put.
I can see both side of the argument here. I think OP is sick of men being 'allowed' to judge women primarily on attractiveness' and women just saying 'it's ok, its what's inside that matters!' because they're expected to.

To a certain extent, guys are hardwired to judge women by thing like tits and ass, and we any blame them. In reality I think both sexes are a mixture of people whose attention is caught by lust and feelings come afterward and those who put their physical standards aside because they're falling for personality. When it comes down to it its bad to just go out with someone because they find you sexually attractive as much as it is for someone to only want to go out with you because they find you attractive.

My boyfriend and I met online and he was the ONLY guy who didn't go on about how he wanted to bang me incidentally.

Some people are attracted more my looks, some by personality. Attractiveness is also subjective to an extent. Because 99% of the population is put off by the way you look doesn't mean that there isn't a really special kind of person waiting for you in the 1%

BUT we do kind of perpetuate the male expectation/entitlement to pussy. If she doesn't put out no matter what I look like she must be a bitch/ it must because I'm not tall enough, stupid women.

Us women are under the impression that men will always be happy to be offered vagina, so when we are rejected we think something is really wrong with the way we look, which may not be the case and further paints all men as asesthetics-oriented. However, 'most' is never 'all'
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Just because I don't fancy them, doesn't make them ugly. I don't fancy Jonathan Rhys Meyers, my friends drool over him whenever he's on screen. And while I'm basically comatose watching Thor because Tom Hiddleston is so adorable, my friends are like "Him? Nahhh"

This. Is this so hard to get, OP?
Reply 34
Isn't beauty in the eyes of the beholder?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Wow, way to make us all look shallow! :s-smilie:
I think it is not in a person's interest to swing either way; towards overwhelming positivity to the facially and socially challenged by saying just wait there's someone for everyone bullcrap or overwhelmingly negative you're ugly life is over for you.
Original post by seohyun
Isn't beauty in the eyes of the beholder?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

The probability of find someone who holds the eyes to admire this mans face for it's beauty is extremely small:

Original post by Little Wolf Taima
This. Very eloquently put.
I can see both side of the argument here. I think OP is sick of men being 'allowed' to judge women primarily on attractiveness' and women just saying 'it's ok, its what's inside that matters!' because they're expected to.

To a certain extent, guys are hardwired to judge women by thing like tits and ass, and we any blame them. In reality I think both sexes are a mixture of people whose attention is caught by lust and feelings come afterward and those who put their physical standards aside because they're falling for personality. When it comes down to it its bad to just go out with someone because they find you sexually attractive as much as it is for someone to only want to go out with you because they find you attractive.

My boyfriend and I met online and he was the ONLY guy who didn't go on about how he wanted to bang me incidentally.

Some people are attracted more my looks, some by personality. Attractiveness is also subjective to an extent. Because 99% of the population is put off by the way you look doesn't mean that there isn't a really special kind of person waiting for you in the 1%

BUT we do kind of perpetuate the male expectation/entitlement to pussy. If she doesn't put out no matter what I look like she must be a bitch/ it must because I'm not tall enough, stupid women.

Us women are under the impression that men will always be happy to be offered vagina, so when we are rejected we think something is really wrong with the way we look, which may not be the case and further paints all men as asesthetics-oriented. However, 'most' is never 'all'

I agree with you until the perpetuating part. C'mon. I think the type of posts that OP seems to hate also insist "it depends on your personality, men" so if men fail to take note of that and feel entitled to get women with an obnoxious personality/attitude, then they are better left alone. So as us lying women always lie that "it depends on your personality", there is a reason why such men complain about not getting women, then.
Original post by aspirinpharmacist

It is definitely subjective, yes, but there seems to be some objectivity in beauty. Tom Hiddleston will have quite a bigger pool of people admiring his looks than Susan Boyle for instance.

Latest