The Student Room Group

Microsoft Word Recovery Help

Hello guys,
So, some of my microsoft word files were corrupted, of which include my final personal statement, and EQP documents too. I tried going to my backup files on my computer, but all the same files seems to be corrupt too.

Is there any recovery software that you guys can recommend. Thanks for your help, +rep for helpful posts! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Delta, Δ
Hello guys,
So, some of my microsoft word files were corrupted, of which include my final personal statement, and EQP documents too. I tried going to my backup files on my computer, but all the same files seems to be corrupt too.

Is there any recovery software that you guys can recommend. Thanks for your help, +rep for helpful posts! :smile:

Which version of Word?
Reply 2
Original post by AdampskiB
Which version of Word?

hello there,
it is 2007 version
Hello guys,

You can repair your Microsoft Word Files using Kernel for Word Repair Tool. It is so effective application to repair corrupted Word Documents instantly. To know more about Word Recovery refer to http://www.repairdocfile.com
Reply 4
hello there,
it is 2007 version

Give this a go.
Reply 5
Hello guys,

Try recuva
Reply 6
Original post by syncmaster57
You can repair your Microsoft Word Files using Kernel for Word Repair Tool. It is so effective application to repair corrupted Word Documents instantly. To know more about Word Recovery refer to http://www.repairdocfile.com

Give this a go.

Original post by Iqbal007
Try recuva

Thanks for the responses guys, + rep for all =). By the way, have any of you guys used the software you mentioned?
Reply 7
Thanks for the responses guys, + rep for all =). By the way, have any of you guys used the software you mentioned?

Yep, I used quite a few times
Reply 8
This is technically in the wrong forum.
Reply 9
Recuva suggested by Iqbal007 is reputable, I've seen it included in many blogs and magazines for its popularity. I used it to obviously recover some deleted files, worked no problem. Many options to choose from so you can recover them in any flexible manner you require.

If you're going to use Recuva, it's better to do it sooner rather than later. Preferably right now, if you haven't already. The longer you leave it means you're likely to write more data to your hard disk, consequently meaning you're going to write over the file(s) you want, with new and unintentional data. Thus putting greater risk at not be able to 100% (or at all) recover the file(s).
Reply 10
Recuva suggested by Iqbal007 is reputable, I've seen it included in many blogs and magazines for its popularity. I used it to obviously recover some deleted files, worked no problem. Many options to choose from so you can recover them in any flexible manner you require.

If you're going to use Recuva, it's better to do it sooner rather than later. Preferably right now, if you haven't already. The longer you leave it means you're likely to write more data to your hard disk, consequently meaning you're going to write over the file(s) you want, with new and unintentional data. Thus putting greater risk at not be able to 100% (or at all) recover the file(s).

Hello there,
In my USB, for most of my damaged files, there seems to be a copy which is not damaged? How did this happen?
Reply 11
Hello there,
In my USB, for most of my damaged files, there seems to be a copy which is not damaged? How did this happen?

I'm a bit confused by what you're asking. Are you asking how the one file out of many, was not damaged? Whilst using Recuva?

More than likely because you've successfully managed to recover a copy* of that file, in the original state it was in (prior to corruption).

* strictly speaking it's not a copy, there was only ever one copy (assumption made; that you only had one copy of this file on your USB) but Recuva has identified the non-corrupted file's exact contents (up to the last byte/word) and has decided to present you with that. If you play around with Recuva, it might show you older editions of that file (only if you were 'saving as you go' on that USB) where you saved it each day, where the file might contain fewer words or preceding versions of your document/essay. Although these will most likely be a collection of temporary files, and may not be straight forward to read.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
If your word file is giving error, this means your file is corrupted.Recoveryfix for Word Recovery is a software for corrupted Microsoft Word files and documents that can recover and restore corrupted, damaged, or unopenable Word files.This software helps the user to carry out successful Word document recovery and restore all the lost data correctly.For trial version visit here http://www.mswordrecovery.com/
after empowering utility Remo Word Repair I repaired corrupt word files with success. Just try it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending