The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by isabelle york
We, lie.

When a guy asks for help over the internet and says he is ugly and therefore can't get girls, you say something like:

Posts like the above are absolutely rampantly thrown across the whole worldwide web whilst irl experience will shun anything ever said of this nature of statistical value.

It really pisses me off. Give it to him straight: You're ugly, yes, you heard me sir, YOU'RE UGLY. Don't approach me, I feel offended that you think I am on your caliber of sexual attractiveness. I want my trey zongs or dicaprio 'cause I'm bootyfull.

That's what I hate about us, because I also used to lie over the internet. Now I provide the real reason whenever a situations calls for it i.e. your face isn't up to par.

http://puahate.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Nono, one thing I hate about you is that your being judgemental through 'looks' only? As humans we need to intellect with people's personalitys and attributes. ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think any unattractive people really don't know they're unattractive, or that finding someone will be tough for them. So telling them is pointless.

I've looked about three years younger than my age for a while I'd say. Being 22 this isn't so bad, but at 16 looking 13 was obviously a huge problem, and I had no luck with girls. A couple of the nice pretty girls I got on with used to sometimes call me sexy and stuff. I knew they weren't really attracted to me, but it still made me happier and a little more confident.
The probability of find someone who holds the eyes to admire this mans face for it's beauty is extremely small:

Oh, honey... you have a long way to go.
Original post by ChaosisaLadder
It is definitely subjective, yes, but there seems to be some objectivity in beauty. Tom Hiddleston will have quite a bigger pool of people admiring his looks than Susan Boyle for instance.

Ah, but she has a stunning voice. Voices can be extremely attractive. Although I'm not that way inclined so I don't fancy Susan Boyle.
Reply 44
These are the same women that are adamant all their friends are attractive

They're not....
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Ah, but she has a stunning voice. Voices can be extremely attractive. Although I'm not that way inclined so I don't fancy Susan Boyle.

But that is the issue at hand. If you see Susan Boyle across the room in a club, library, cafe, pub you're not going to know what her voice sounds like and many wouldn't bother finding out. However, if you were to see Tom Hiddleston or Megan Fox... Physical attractiveness is very important.
But that is the issue at hand. If you see Susan Boyle across the room in a club, library, cafe, pub you're not going to know what her voice sounds like and many wouldn't bother finding out. However, if you were to see Tom Hiddleston or Megan Fox... Physical attractiveness is very important.

Works both ways. If you hear a voice that sounds like Janice from Friends you are not going to fancy them even if they look like Karen Gillan.
Original post by Damsel in distress
Yes, exactly! If a girl thinks a guy, who other people regard as ugly, is attractive, she's automatically lying.. well.

I agree. Of course everyone is going to be attracted to different people, otherwise if it was purely down to looks, hardly anyone would be in a relationship. In the past my friends have obsessed over guys who haven't found good-looking at all and vice versa
Works both ways. If you hear a voice that sounds like Janice from Friends you are not going to fancy them even if they look like Karen Gillan.

Voice can be important but not as important as other physical characteristics I would say. I would comfortable betting that in a poll people would rather sleep with Karen Gillan with a voice like Janice than Susan Boyle.
Voice can be important but not as important as other physical characteristics I would say. I would comfortable betting that in a poll people would rather sleep with Karen Gillan with a voice like Janice than Susan Boyle.

Maybe. Can't really comment seeing as I'm straight. Although, Peter Dinklage normally, I don't fancy. As Tyrion he's really attractive. Not sure if it's the hair or the voice. Nope, it's the voice.

Hahaha Janice. True, true. And anyways.. is it really that important to standout in the crowd, like be very gorgeous or project beams of beauty or talk loudly in your beautiful voice, to find the love of your life? It works but is in no way important! This is why there is the saying "don't judge a book by its cover". Saying that "most people do judge" doesn't justify it. To each their own, really
Reply 51
Oh, honey... you have a long way to go.

10/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
because it gives him the truth?

I am concerned about male incelism (involuntary celibacy) due to my cousin. He has absorbed the fact that he is facially challenged. If women told him the truth, that his face was not up to par, then he wouldn't have to go through painful rejections (which have now destroyed his self-esteem).

I think you should put your money where your mouth is and give your cousin a pity-sh*g. It's legal in this country, and it would be a wonderful thing to do.
Although I hate all of the lies that ugly, short, socially awkward, etc, guys get online, you have gone a little over the top. Even if that is the true feeling for some girls.

Still, guys do need to be told the truth. There is no point in people lying to them and it happens so often. You may think that you're being nice and trying to be positive, but telling them that everything is going to be fine and they will find somebody eventually is bull****. Well, it is for older guys. The younger one's still have a bit of time to get better looking or taller.
Hahaha Janice. True, true. And anyways.. is it really that important to standout in the crowd, like be very gorgeous or project beams of beauty or talk loudly in your beautiful voice, to find the love of your life? It works but is in no way important! This is why there is the saying "don't judge a book by its cover". Saying that "most people do judge" doesn't justify it. To each their own, really

Yeah, considering that half the time relationships start from friendships, or through meeting a friend of a friend or something, spotting someone in a crowd isn't as big a deal as some people think. When I met the last guy I fancied I didn't notice him at all, I was trying to hit on his friend! Who turned out to be gay :lol: But they were flatmates of one of my friends and me and this other guy bonded over our taste in music, and I developed a hopeless crush on him from then on.
We, lie.

When a guy asks for help over the internet and says he is ugly and therefore can't get girls, you say something like:

Posts like the above are absolutely rampantly thrown across the whole worldwide web whilst irl experience will shun anything ever said of this nature of statistical value.

It really pisses me off. Give it to him straight: You're ugly, yes, you heard me sir, YOU'RE UGLY. Don't approach me, I feel offended that you think I am on your caliber of sexual attractiveness. I want my trey zongs or dicaprio 'cause I'm bootyfull.

That's what I hate about us, because I also used to lie over the internet. Now I provide the real reason whenever a situations calls for it i.e. your face isn't up to par.

http://puahate.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Oh wow. Get over yourself.

There are thousands of below average-looking men and woman who have found somebody special. All you have to do is walk down the street to see a complete mixture of types of couples. There's someone out there for everyone, even you.
Original post by xOHarriet
The person you quoted didn't deny the OP's face may not be "up to par", at no point did they lie, they simply stated the very true fact that as girls are interested in more than just looks especially as they get older. Replying to someone's post about how they are ugly with "yes you are ugly" is totally unproductive, no?

Thank you!
Reply 57
I don't think there's anything wrong with telling a guy you find him unattractive if he's intentionally asked for opinions. But going out of your way to put someone down is just plain mean imo. If any of those threads arise and the OP happens to be ugly, I'll just refrain from commenting rather than crush his already low self-esteem.
Yeah, considering that half the time relationships start from friendships, or through meeting a friend of a friend or something, spotting someone in a crowd isn't as big a deal as some people think. When I met the last guy I fancied I didn't notice him at all, I was trying to hit on his friend! Who turned out to be gay :lol: But they were flatmates of one of my friends and me and this other guy bonded over our taste in music, and I developed a hopeless crush on him from then on.

See, people! I very much agree with you. We all need to chill, really. Coming back to the OP, even if people lie to an "ugly" person (people not necessarily comprising of only females), i don't think it does any harm or at least more harm than saying the contrary. I will say that people need to believe in themselves because, I repeat, looks are not paramount and should refrain from judging their sense of worth through an Internet survey. There is no one "right" type of way to go about it, really. Just be patient!
Reply 59
If you're an ''ugly'' guy, just focus on making money, the bitches care more about money and status anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending