The Student Room Group

found out GF kissed one of my friends

Basically I just found out that she kissed one of my friends a year ago. This was before we got together so I might be overreacting but I just cant continue the relationship knowing that happened because it will always be in the back of my mind. If it was someone I didn't know I wouldn't care but the fact its someone I know makes it way worse.

How do I let her down gently? I still want to remain friends.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I really, really don't think you should break up with her. Talk it out perhaps? But if you're adamant, tell her straight, but not in an overtly blunt way; say something like "Look, I really don't think I can get past this, I'm sorry, but can we just be friends?" ???
Reply 2
It was before you got together. She chose you to be with longterm.
You're going to dump him because she kissed someone you know before dating you? Flawed logic. Don't break up.
Oh so you're jealous that you didn't kiss your friend first.

OP don't worry your time will come <><

Spoiler

Reply 5
That's a ridiculous reason to break up with her, you weren't even together!
Reply 6
Dont break up considering it was before the pair of you got together :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seriously. Over a kiss from a year ago. Not even sex? :lolwut:
Reply 8
Everyone has a past.

At the end of the day, she's chosen you, not the other person.

Talk to her about it if you can't put it aside, but I doubt you have anything to worry about :smile:
Reply 9
lol get over it. If you're getting pissy over this you're probably not mature enough to be in a relationship.
Reply 10
grow some balls (jk dont worry about it; its fine)
Reply 11
Haha like u were virgin and never kissed anyone before her? It doesn't matter who she chose to kiss BEFORE you.
But I think you just wanted reason to break up, and here you go, nice tactic to start a fight and break up.

And I hate "let's be friends" thingy, why she should be your friend after u dump her for no reason?
Original post by After7
Basically I just found out that she kissed one of my friends a year ago. This was before we got together so I might be overreacting but I just cant continue the relationship knowing that happened because it will always be in the back of my mind. If it was someone I didn't know I wouldn't care but the fact its someone I know makes it way worse.

naw man, dis is b4 ur time, let it go.
Original post by After7

I don't get what the problem is? It was before you got together...
Reply 14
You're an idiot and have no logical reason to break up with her. She could maybe do with putting you behind her though.
Original post by lNurl
Haha like u were virgin and never kissed anyone before her? It doesn't matter who she chose to kiss BEFORE you.
But I think you just wanted reason to break up, and here you go, nice tactic to start a fight and break up.

And I hate "let's be friends" thingy, why she should be your friend after u dump her for no reason?

I'm not agreeing with OP but you totally misunderstood; it's just really awkward for him to know that a friend of his, who I assume he's close to, and his girlfriend kissed. He isn't looking for a tactic.. Nobody really wants to imagine that and it can be a bit awkward although it is still not a sensible reason to breakup with someone you like.
Original post by Damsel in distress
I'm not agreeing with OP but you totally misunderstood; it's just really awkward for him to know that a friend of his, who I assume he's close to, and his girlfriend kissed. He isn't looking for a tactic.. Nobody really wants to imagine that and it can be a bit awkward although it is still not a sensible reason to breakup with someone you like.

I don't get how it's even slightly awkward...kissing is really not a big deal at all. My ex had slept with 2 of my mates before we got together and I've slept with one of my mates' fiancé. It's not a big deal and it never really comes up, only ever as a joke.
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
I don't get how it's even slightly awkward...kissing is really not a big deal at all. My ex had slept with 2 of my mates before we got together and I've slept with one of my mates' fiancé. It's not a big deal and it never really comes up, only ever as a joke.

I see your point and that's very mature of you and your mate and ex but.. not everyone feels the same way about everything. Perhaps it is a big deal for OP?
Reply 18
Original post by Damsel in distress

I agree with LightBlueSoldier, It is not like you give out questionnaire to future bf/gf asking:

1. Have you ever slept/kissed/touch to any of my friends (Not knowing all of my friends is not a excuse)
2. Have you ever slept/kissed touch to a person who might be my future friend?

I don't think relationship should be like that to be honest:confused:
I also see how you think it is awkward to imagine, but he can somehow stop imagine that "scene". I really feel bad for the girl. Why she should be punished for no reason?:s-smilie:
Dump her ass in a heartbeat. Don't befriend her, that's dispicable. She cheated on you basically, regardless of when.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending