The Student Room Group

Is there a lack of natural blonde women in the UK

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by barnetlad
It is fairly rare in this country, which is not a problem for me as generally I prefer brunettes. Other than from Scandanavian countries it seems rare in general.

Finland isnt part of scandinavia and yet has so many natural blondes, same for the Baltic countries (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania), the Netherlands and Northern parts of Germany. I have traveled a few across europe and miss the type of angelic natural blonde you see in many places of europe when I'm back in britain, It seems there are hardly any natural blondes among british women, however weirdly enough I know some natural blonde guys.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Eliogabalus
Finland isnt part of scandinavia and yet has so many natural blondes, same for the Baltic countries (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania), the Netherlands and Northern parts of Germany. I have traveled a few across europe and miss the type of angelic natural blonde you see in many places of europe when I'm back in britain, It seems there are hardly any natural blondes among british women, however weirdly enough I know some natural blonde guys.

As natural blond hair can be a bit dull looking I imagine quite a few naturally blonde women would dye their hair a brighter/lighter shade so they'll appear to be unnatural blondes, whilst most men would just leave it as it is. Also I've also found that some shades which would be considered brunette on women are considered to be blond on men.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by gemmam
As natural blond hair can be a bit dull looking I imagine quite a few naturally blonde women would dye their hair a brighter/lighter shade so they'll appear to be unnatural blondes, whilst most men would just leave it as it is. Also I've also found that some shades which would be considered brunette on women are considered to be blond on men.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can notice it because natural blonde women have thinner hair, and also different shades in the hair , the top is blonder and the hair in the back side which receives less sun is usually a shade darker. Also there is a change of the color when the person goes outdoors and indoors and the fact that the color itslef changes naturally on seassons, fake blond hair usually looks like a painted homogeneous wig :P
Reply 43
You can notice it because natural blonde women have thinner hair, and also different shades in the hair , the top is blonder and the hair in the back side which receives less sun is usually a shade darker. Also there is a change of the color when the person goes outdoors and indoors and the fact that the color itslef changes naturally on seassons, fake blond hair usually looks like a painted homogeneous wig :P

Thats what I was saying. I know a few women who are naturally blonde but they dye their hair so it looks brighter, so it doesn't look the same as untreated natural blonde hair would,
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by gemmam
Thats what I was saying. I know a few women who are naturally blonde but they dye their hair so it looks brighter, so it doesn't look the same as untreated natural blonde hair would.

I Was refering to the countless wig-like yellow haired girls whose hair looks very fake and homogenous shade-
Reply 45
I Was refering to the countless wig-like yellow haired girls whose hair looks very fake and homogenous shade-

I was saying its the reason why it appears that theres more naturally blond men than women when in reality theres probably around an equal amount, as men would be less likely to dye their hair.
Well this post is horrifically generalised and features some quite insulting stereotypes.

I'm a natural blonde, English female (and see no reason to be smug about this)....however that's now hidden under dark brown hair dye as of this morning. People like to change their hair colour.
I'm blonde, but Canadian with Russian and Irish roots. I had to include the latter bit because frankly, those of us from Canada and America (and Australia, among others) don't have "Canadian" traits. That would be native, which would make me look like an Inuit, which the vast majority of Canadians do not resemble. When I lived in England, I found that far more people had blonde hair than in Canada, which is strange because Canada has a lot more variety in European heritage than the UK..
Reply 48
I have been in the UK for quite a while (1 year about) and have noticed most of the natural looking blondes I meet tend to be from abroad (usually polish, lithuanian, czech, etc).

Is there a reason why so few british women are natural blondes? (I mean real blonde hair not mousy color). Most of the british blondes I have seen have this obviously fake peroxide blonde color, which you can tell isnt natural from about 10 miles away.

Anyways I was trying to find a pretty blonde around and had no success, your opinions about that?

living in the south of England you see a lot of fairly fit blonds, most are easten Europeanor scandanavian in general. Im fairly sure the 'blond gene' came over first the uk with the vikings anyway. unfortunately im a brunette fan- fortunately theres also lots of Portuguese and Spanish girls near where I live too. I hope that helps..
I was blonde when I was little, although my hair turned brown when I was in secondary school. I've now dyed it blue, so the only way you'd be able to tell my natural hair colour is by asking me or staring really hard at my eyebrows
Reply 50
Original post by canadamoose
I'm blonde, but Canadian with Russian and Irish roots. I had to include the latter bit because frankly, those of us from Canada and America (and Australia, among others) don't have "Canadian" traits. That would be native, which would make me look like an Inuit, which the vast majority of Canadians do not resemble. When I lived in England, I found that far more people had blonde hair than in Canada, which is strange because Canada has a lot more variety in European heritage than the UK..

Most british blonde women are fake blondes, the most common natural hair color among british women is mousy brown and there are so many with natural dark brown. The true blondes arent that common in the Uk as some would like to believe, at least not in 20+ years old people.

You can see it even among men, british men are no where close as blond as Scandinavian, dutch or even german men. Most have some shadow of brown or very dark brown hair. Blue eyes on the other hand are quite common. Just look at the english football team.

For example you can find many groups of british people where nobody or almost nobody has blond hair:

http://www.borderscollege.ac.uk/ckfinder/userfiles/images/News%20Photos%20March%202012/BASE-Football-Team-web.jpg
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 51
Why have you posted an image with only white people in it? Do you know how many africans were taken as slaves?
Reply 52
I like blondes.
Reply 53
Original post by muzika
Maybe just because Lithuanian blonde girls are looking a million times better than English ones ? :smile: No offence, but I can tell this from my personal experience. Look at Lithuanian, Russian, Ukrainian girls they all are so much prettier than english girls with tones of make up and fake tan :smile:)

*tonnes

Other than that it's true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
I have been in the UK for quite a while (1 year about) and have noticed most of the natural looking blondes I meet tend to be from abroad (usually polish, lithuanian, czech, etc).

Is there a reason why so few british women are natural blondes? (I mean real blonde hair not mousy color). Most of the british blondes I have seen have this obviously fake peroxide blonde color, which you can tell isnt natural from about 10 miles away.

Anyways I was trying to find a pretty blonde around and had no success, your opinions about that?

Is that a problem?
Original post by eng1
Is that a problem?

Yes Its a problem for me.. I love naturally blond women, let say diane kruger types, and they are pretty rare in the UK.
Traditionally, there were a LOT of blonde British people, however, in the last 20 years or so they seem to be 'dying' out.
Tens of thousands of blondes and red heads from Britain were also favoured by the Romans and the nation took a massive cut in the numbers at that time. Look out for blonde men and women in Italy you can pretty much guarantee their immediate ancestors were British.
There is also a regrettable lack of naturally blond men too :frown:

OP I feel your pain

Well most Anglo-Saxons have naturally blonde hair.. I'm guessing your seeing a lot of Norman or mixed-background girls... The parts of England with the most Anglo-Saxons is East Anglia so look in places like Norwich and Essex if you like natty blondes.

Also being blonde requires a lot of purity in the blood line which is why you see a lot of blonde Eastern Europeans cuz they haven't done a lot of mixing with the black-haired europeans
Yes, there are natural blondes born & bred in the UK. My dad was blonde till the day he died (79) - no grey! I'm still blonde, never had any colour added (aged 66) & my youngest daughter (of 4 children) is still blonde (aged 37). The other 3 are all dark, even though 2 were blonde till aged 5.

Quick Reply

Latest