The Student Room Group

Guys-would you tell a girl (or anyone for that matter) you're a virgin?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If I was one then I don't see why not. Sure I wouldn't go up to her and say ''Hello my name is _____ and I'm a virgin'', but if she asked then I wouldn't lie about it.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
It's a joke, I'm hetrosexual and yes I would like to have children.

Fairs.
Reply 22
Original post by Riku
Curious how much women would think it was a turn-off if their man was squeaky clean for whatever reason.

I tell it to most girls (assuming the convo gets to that subject) it's nothing to be ashamed of really (although i still get embrassed about it) i just haven't found the right girl, i have a gut instinct that i can't do a ONS i'd get too emotionally attached too quickly
Reply 23
When I lost mine, I didn't tell the girl I was a virgin (she didn't ask). I just hoped that I'd be able to bluff it. Nope. She knew. She asked me immediately afterwards if that was my first time. I said it wasn't because I didn't want her to feel bad about it, because it was just a one night stand.

Girls will be able to tell.
Reply 24
Original post by SoftPunch
I don't see why coming out being a virgin is a problem in the world of horny ppl today? :nothing: :confused:
I wouldn't care either way, as long as he hasn't been under every 'skirt' in town.
because a virgin elicits bad characteristics such as social ineptness, antisocialness, extreme lack of confidence, ugliness etc. i fit the first 3 and as far as my looks go, i'm average.

i would never in a million years tell a girl if i was a virgin although it wouldnt be difficult for a girl to work out.
The influx of retarded threads from this guy is amazing
Reply 26
Original post by Gibber96
When I lost mine, I didn't tell the girl I was a virgin (she didn't ask). I just hoped that I'd be able to bluff it. Nope. She knew. She asked me immediately afterwards if that was my first time. I said it wasn't because I didn't want her to feel bad about it, because it was just a one night stand.

Girls will be able to tell.
what do you think gave it away to her that you were a virgin?
Reply 27
Original post by Bassetts
because a virgin elicits bad characteristics such as social ineptness, antisocialness, extreme lack of confidence, ugliness etc. i fit the first 3 and as far as my looks go, i'm average.

i would never in a million years tell a girl if i was a virgin although it wouldnt be difficult for a girl to work out.

No, my dear friend Bassetts - you're mad.
As I said I wouldn't care if one is a virgin or not. I am not gonna run away from one screaming my head off just because one is a virgin.
Reply 28
what do you think gave it away to her that you were a virgin?

The amount of time it took for me to get the condom on (I was pretty drunk) and general poor technique during the actual sex. I had done everything apart from sex loads of times before that time so all the foreplay went well. It was just the actual sex that let me down. I wasn't confident or good and I didn't last long.
I'm 27 and a virgin.

Tbh there's not an awful lot you can do about it. If you're socially inept or awkward, and you've exhausted all other options to try and break it, what do you do?

Some people aren't just born likeable and don't make friends. Yes I considered suicide over it many times and ponder the idea that I may never be able to make any friends (never mind getting laid!). I'm at ease with myself a bit more, but do wonder it may never change.
Reply 30
Original post by Riku
Curious how much women would think it was a turn-off if their man was squeaky clean for whatever reason.

Nope. Although I wouldn't have told all and sundry, I had no difficulty telling the guy I first had sex with that I was a virgin. In fact it was necessary so things were gentle. But I did worry, it is true, that I wouldn't be as desirable if people knew I was a virgin but then they're just not worth it if they care and dismiss me. And as for girls, I can't think it's a major issue. Affection should override fear I think and hope.
Reply 31
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
The influx of retarded threads from this guy is amazing
i dont think its a bad thread. many people have concerns over how people view their virginity.

may i ask what you think of my threads?
Reply 32
i dont think its a bad thread. many people have concerns over how people view their virginity.

Thanks for the support Bassetts, but I think people have assumed we're both trolls. I'm the needy paranoid guy and you're the helplessly self-deprecating guy who vents on about being foreveralone. I've wondered whether you're a troll several times, the amount you put yourself down is almost parodying the idea of 'nice guy syndrome'.

We both need to stop this and I'm looking for help, so I take offence to being called 'retarded'. Not least because in all truth I am 'retarded', I have a learning disability and I've been called these things since primary.
Granted I don't go around IRL daring to be as open about my inner mind as I do on TSR :P

You may ask. Whether or not I choose to answer depends..
Reply 34
Original post by Riku
Thanks for the support Bassetts, but I think people have assumed we're both trolls. I'm the needy paranoid guy and you're the helplessly self-deprecating guy who vents on about being foreveralone. I've wondered whether you're a troll several times, the amount you put yourself down is almost parodying the idea of 'nice guy syndrome'.

We both need to stop this and I'm looking for help, so I take offence to being called 'retarded'. Not least because in all truth I am 'retarded', I have a learning disability and I've been called these things since primary.
Granted I don't go around IRL daring to be as open about my inner mind as I do on TSR :P
no i'm not a troll. everything i say is serious.

Original post by UnknownRoyalist
You may ask. Whether or not I choose to answer depends..
please can you answer?
no i'm not a troll. everything i say is serious.

please can you answer?

They're boring. Happy?
Reply 36
I'd much rather someone who's a virgin to someone who as someone else put it "has been under every skirt in town". Lying about your experience/being a virgin or not is just deceiving and disappointing for the people around you, not to mention completely useless.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 37
If you're in a relationship that is nearing that stage, build your trust first and then divulge it. I definitely wouldn't ****ing throw it out on the line early on though.
Reply 38
I'd have more difficulties revealing I slept with hookers over 20 times since I was 18 (19 now), and that I was never lucky enough to get some without money.
I don't understand the whole stigma attached to virgin guys... it's absolute nonsense that one should be ashamed of being a virgin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending