The Student Room Group

Original scientific papers

Hey can someone please tell me where I can find original scientific paper, it cannot be a review paper :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by princess271
Hey can someone please tell me where I can find original scientific paper, it cannot be a review paper :frown:

Use the pubmed website (google pubmed and click the link to the home page).

Type in some search terms and select the other options on the left (ie. not the Review option).
Or just search for the thing you're after and click the papers that suit your needs and don't say Review (when the search results come up, the paper titles will be shown, if it is a review article, it will state this at the end of each individually shown search result).

Apologies if I've worded this badly, just let me know if you need any clarification.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by ash92:)
Use the pubmed website (google pubmed and click the link to the home page).

Type in some search terms and select the other options on the left (ie. not the Review option).
Or just search for the thing you're after and click the papers that suit your needs and don't say Review (when the search results come up, the paper titles will be shown, if it is a review article, it will state this at the end of each individually shown search result).

Apologies if I've worded this badly, just let me know if you need any clarification.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks I think I know what to do now
Reply 3
Thanks I think I know what to do now

It was a pleasure to be of benefit :h:
And thanks for the rep, too.
Reply 4
It was a pleasure to be of benefit :h:
And thanks for the rep, too.

Do you study biomed too?
Reply 5
Do you study biomed too?

yup, I did until a few months ago :smile:
Reply 6
yup, I did until a few months ago :smile:

oh right what uni?

have you done the research task, consists of finding a scientific paper and writing a magazine ? :confused::confused:
Reply 7
oh right what uni?

have you done the research task, consists of finding a scientific paper and writing a magazine ? :confused::confused:

University of Bradford - much better than its rep, trust me.

Nope, our research assignments were different. But I'd be able to help you on it, if need be.
I wrote a review article and my final year project was a dissertation (literature project) which involved a crazy amount of research. Research was also required in most other assignments, but these 2 were more dependent upon it.
Reply 8
University of Bradford - much better than its rep, trust me.

Nope, our research assignments were different. But I'd be able to help you on it, if need be.
I wrote a review article and my final year project was a dissertation (literature project) which involved a crazy amount of research. Research was also required in most other assignments, but these 2 were more dependent upon it.

Oh so you've finished the degree now?

Basically they said we need to find a scientific paper and write a magazine like the new scientist with ethical implications, the ethical implication part confuses me.
Reply 9
Oh so you've finished the degree now?

Basically they said we need to find a scientific paper and write a magazine like the new scientist with ethical implications, the ethical implication part confuses me.

yup :smile:

Oh, cool - it shouldn't be too difficult then, as you can pretty much stick to a story-like layout. Can you choose any paper you want (if so, that's awesome - but also may be confusing)? Ethical implications of the study, or of your assignment?
Reply 10
yup :smile:

Oh, cool - it shouldn't be too difficult then, as you can pretty much stick to a story-like layout. Can you choose any paper you want (if so, that's awesome - but also may be confusing)? Ethical implications of the study, or of your assignment?

Yeah any paper, and it has to be of the study.
Reply 11
Yeah any paper, and it has to be of the study.

okidoke. So first step: find a paper! :biggrin:
Reply 12
okidoke. So first step: find a paper! :biggrin:

I have lol

I found one before about children and obesity, thought it might be difficult to find ethical implications, so found a different paper now
Reply 13
I have lol

I found one before about children and obesity, thought it might be difficult to find ethical implications, so found a different paper now

Yeh, true. Is the activity primarily about finding ethical implications?
Reply 14
Yeh, true. Is the activity primarily about finding ethical implications?

I've sent you a private message and not sure. I'll send you a private message and tell you what we have to do haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending