The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
"I am happy to tell you that your application is strong enough to be considered further by the Admissions Selector for the LLB in Laws programme.

The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort.

This can take up to five weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next."

Looks like it's time to play the waiting game. UGH!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by mayaa_27
:eek: oh wow!!! Ive been predicted A* A A A...im doing maths, further maths, biology and chemistry...how about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics. and btw I have also applied to LSE for econ.
Reply 1782
Original post by TerribleTej
Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics. and btw I have also applied to LSE for econ.

Oh okay =)...well good luck!!! :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mayaa_27
Oh okay =)...well good luck!!! :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to you to :wink:.
Original post by Alwaysannoyed
So frustrated over LSE. It's been 4 weeks since my 2 week email and 5 since my application. I'm an IR applicant i realise they're very selective - am just unhappy because no further emails have come and no rejections URGH

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quite a few of us are in the same position for IR on here.
Original post by Nerdgirl1996
That's really odd, because I emailed them a few months back, and they said that both AP Micro and AP Macro were counted together as one and were considered relevant, although they weren't listed.

Well, can't do much about it now. My life course is not significantly altered, still got awesome unis in hand already (not willing to start a flame war with anyone over definition of awesome uni) :smile: What subject are you appling for though? :smile:
Reply 1786
Original post by Nerdgirl1996
I've pretty much given up obsessively checking my email because I know nothing is going to happen :tongue: Which subject have you applied for and which other unis have you applied to?

Hhahah...applied to law.. I applied to Cambridge and got an interview for them in like a month, and i got an offer from edinburgh and a few others lol..what about you?
Reply 1787
Original post by President M.E.
Alright, just give us a heads up if you get anything!

Just got a reply from LSE. She said that apparently she sent me an email like 3 weeks ago stating that my application was strong enough to be considered further.
So basically, I'm already 3 weeks into my 5 weeks..

I'd suggest emailing them because I checked everywhere in my spam and inbox and there was nothing. So there might've been an error in a bunch of emails sent out.
Original post by Shehr
Just got a reply from LSE. She said that apparently she sent me an email like 3 weeks ago stating that my application was strong enough to be considered further.
So basically, I'm already 3 weeks into my 5 weeks..

I'd suggest emailing them because I checked everywhere in my spam and inbox and there was nothing. So there might've been an error in a bunch of emails sent out.

Yeah, I was getting that feeling as it's been far more than 2 weeks, and I haven't heard a word, so I hope that's the case, I will email them regardless, but that's given me some small hope, thanks!
has anyone heard anything about social policy and government??
Original post by charliep9

Had my 5 week email for Government about 4 weeks ago and nothing yet ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nik13
Hhahah...applied to law.. I applied to Cambridge and got an interview for them in like a month, and i got an offer from edinburgh and a few others lol..what about you?

Same, but I've applied to Oxford and am nervously waiting for them to send out interview invitations :s-smilie: And congratulations on the offers! :smile:
Original post by defeatedmac
Well, can't do much about it now. My life course is not significantly altered, still got awesome unis in hand already (not willing to start a flame war with anyone over definition of awesome uni) :smile: What subject are you appling for though? :smile:

Yeah, that is true! I've applied for Law. What are your other choices? :smile:
Original post by President M.E.
That is literally the exact same as me, although I didn't even get an acknowledge email, just straight on to the 2 week email on the 14th, and then dead silence :confused:

Is there that many applicants that they can't keep to their deadlines, or has the department just gone into hibernation for the winter?

I didn't get the acknowledgement email either! They write as if they have sent one though in the two-week email.
Original post by pielalit
I didn't get the acknowledgement email either! They write as if they have sent one though in the two-week email.

Yep, very sloppy from the Philosophy dept...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im in the 4 weeks now after the 5 weeks email. I thought I will receive reply from them this week but after looking at the threads , seems like the chance is very slim as many other ppl havent received any response yet even the 5-week period was exceeded. What other unis have you guys applied to? Mind to share? If so, has anyone received any replies( rejection/ conditional/unconditional offer) from any unis?
I applied for the LLB law course. Currently holding a conditional offer from Queen Mary, University of London. Now waiting for the other 4 to reply ( UCL, LSE, KCL and Oxford).

All the BEST!
Guys I want to get some advice on this.

Besides other 4 options including LSE, I've got an offer from city yesterday.

What do you think of Cass business school of City University London?

Appreciated.
Reply 1797
Got a conditional offer from Durham today for PPE, I was pleasantly surprised but seriously why are you taking so long LSE..(and Ive heard that their PPE course isnt as good as some other unis..?). ps applied for Government and economics at LSE and am currently three and a half weeks into 5 week email...
(edited 10 years ago)
My 5 weeks ended yesterday and still nothing... What were your grades If you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charliep9

My 5 weeks ended yesterday and still nothing... What were your grades If you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending