The Student Room Group

Why is having a car, and money so important to some young women?

My sister and her friends basically date guys because of the cars they drive, or the money they have regardless of looks or personality. As a guy, if an older woman approached me and had a nice car and money, I'd reject instantly, why are girls any different? For me physical attraction has to be there, and also you hear that lots of girls are looking for sugar daddies these days, is that true?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because being gold diggers is in their genes.
Reply 2
Money and a car means power and the ability to take care of her, also a sign of "maturity".
Since you said in another post today that you go for girls who are quite materialistic then it's a bit unfair having a dig at your sister for being your ideal match. Unless something deeply Freudian is afoot here...
Reply 4
Original post by Lotus_Eater
Since you said in another post today that you go for girls who are quite materialistic then it's a bit unfair having a dig at your sister for being your ideal match. Unless something deeply Freudian is afoot here...

Good point! but I'm going for physical attraction thats not materialistic, its real... I'm not sacrificing looks for money. Its different!
Reply 5
Original post by Lotus_Eater

Exactly.

I'm not materialistic myself, but OP is doing the relationship equivalent of punching himself in the face and then whining about it.

"Why is going for physical attraction so important to some young men? Whine. Whine whine whine. Dear TSR, hear me whine"

:rolleyes:

In b4 ****ty generalisations and some retard spouting evo psych
(edited 10 years ago)
Women are way more attracted to things like money, social status and the ability to make things happen than they are looks-and it is attraction rather than something they consciously do
Reply 7
Because women are generally shallow and materialistic. Also many young women secretly hope they end up with a rich boyfriend or husband, so they don't need to work and can spend their days lazing about, applying makeup and gossiping with the "girlies" at the hair salon/gym.
Original post by Bassetts
Because women are generally shallow and materialistic. Also many young women secretly hope they end up with a rich boyfriend or husband, so they don't need to work and can spend their days lazing about, applying makeup and gossiping with the "girlies" at the hair salon/gym.

:facepalm2:
Reply 9
Original post by Maid Marian
:facepalm2:

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why some guys can't find a partner! :rolleyes:
Reply 10
Original post by Gjaykay
Money and a car means power and the ability to take care of her, also a sign of "maturity".

lol sort of.

Car = He can transport her places with ease especially shops/has no "road" responsibility. Can also make her friends jealous.

Money = She can spend his money then relax at home = easy life instead of you know...actually working/able to support her financially/blahdeblah.

This is only for gold diggers. I know some women that work damn hard to support their boyfriends/husbands that have chosen a less then satisfactory career paywise.
Reply 11
Why not

They are doing whats best for them, financial stability is a good trait to have.
Original post by Bassetts

And you wonder why they won't let you put your penis inside of them?

I also hardly doubt you have gotten to know enough women well enough to judge what we "secretly" want.
Reply 13
Original post by desdemonata

I also hardly doubt you have gotten to know enough women well enough to judge what we "secretly" want

I lose my faith in humanity every time I see guys in their twenties on TSR who haven't even become capable of forming basic friendships with the opposite sex yet :frown:
Original post by Alpha brah
I lose my faith in humanity every time I see guys in their twenties on TSR who haven't even become capable of forming basic friendships with the opposite sex yet :frown:

Rather depressing, isn't it. Or who don't actually know any women they aren't related to, but think they know all women :rolleyes:
Neither of those things are as important to me as looks and personality (my boyfriend hasn't got a car and is well into his overdraft) but I can understand why they'd be beneficial.

I would love it if my boyfriend did get a car because I've failed multiple driving tests and will almost definitely never be able to drive myself so it would be useful if at least one of could. As for money, I'm not interested in my boyfriend having lots of it, but I like to think that when we finish university he will get a good job because firstly, anyone who says that being financially comfortable isn't important to them is lying, and there's no way I'd be able to support both of us considering my career ambitions and secondly, laziness is a turn-off and working hard generally equals more money.
Reply 16
Rather depressing, isn't it. Or who don't actually know any women they aren't related to, but think they know all women :rolleyes:

Never fear, I'm sure all those lovely PUA sites - written exclusively by men, of course - will tell them all they need to know! :rolleyes:
Original post by Alpha brah
Never fear, I'm sure all those lovely PUA sites - written exclusively by men, of course - will tell them all they need to know! :rolleyes:

We are, of course, the exact same Rubix cube in a different wrapping, waiting to be solved :ahee:
Reply 18

I also hardly doubt you have gotten to know enough women well enough to judge what we "secretly" want.
i dont say these opinions in real life of course. you are right that i have never formed a basic friendship with a woman let alone any sexual contact with one.
Reply 19
We are, of course, the exact same Rubix cube in a different wrapping, waiting to be solved :ahee:

I don't know whether to laugh at these guys or pity them. :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending