The Student Room Group

I have a job interview tomorrow, please help!

It's to be a food and beverage waitress at a marriott hotel in my area. I haven't had any waitressing experience but I really really need this job. Any tips of what to say to make up for my lack of experience?
Reply 1
Give them some good examples of when you have dealt with someone difficult or provided a good customer service. It doesn't matter what it was just as long as it had a good outcome. Think about your experience - have you worked with the public before? They will be looking for someone that smiles as lot and is friendly and can work under pressure . If you can think up some examples of this and smile when you tell them you are 90% of the way.
Customer interaction, how to deal with difficult customer, what interests you about the job, what skills you have that fit with the requirements of the job, what you know about Marriott etc
Reply 3
Original post by agd89
Give them some good examples of when you have dealt with someone difficult or provided a good customer service. It doesn't matter what it was just as long as it had a good outcome. Think about your experience - have you worked with the public before? They will be looking for someone that smiles as lot and is friendly and can work under pressure . If you can think up some examples of this and smile when you tell them you are 90% of the way.

Yeah I was previously a checkout girl so I know all about dealing with customers, I suppose I will just have to talk about that :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by littledolly
Yeah I was previously a checkout girl so I know all about dealing with customers, I suppose I will just have to talk about that :smile:
Great that's perfect. Have about two or three good examples ready of when you made a difficult customer happy and when you did a good job when it was busy at the checkout. They will also be looking for someone that flexible with working hours. Have a good example of when you swapped shifts with someone at short notice and had good team work. Any other questions you are worried about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending