The Student Room Group

Is it hard to get onto a foundation course

I wanna do geology with foundation at either durham or southampton. Is it tough to get in? I think my friend applied for durham with foundation year (not geology though) and I think they asked for just a pass on an access course. Maybe some credits at merit but I don't think they asked for any distinction because he said the reason he chose them over southampton is because southampton asked for 30 distinction.
(edited 10 years ago)
The specific entry requirements for these courses will be on the university's websites, which you need to check. They may also require you to have GCSEs in English and maths.
Reply 2
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
The specific entry requirements for these courses will be on the university's websites, which you need to check. They may also require you to have GCSEs in English and maths.

Oh, I didn't think to check their website. Great advice!
Original post by Truefaith21
Oh, I didn't think to check their website. Great advice!

Yeah all university websites now list all their courses with a bit of info on course content and entry requirements. They are a really good first place to check if you have any basic questions about applying to a specific university!
Reply 4
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
Yeah all university websites now list all their courses with a bit of info on course content and entry requirements. They are a really good first place to check if you have any basic questions about applying to a specific university!

Lol, k

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending