The Student Room Group

BBB History Courses?

Any idea any places that have BBB history courses? I've had offers for two of my choices (ABB and ABC) and also have a guaranteed offer of ABB for Durham because I did Supported Progression (yay!! :biggrin:) but I've been looking for an insurance place that specifically asks for 3 B's to be extra careful and can't find anywhere...

As background, I live in the North of England and am most interested in places in Scotland and England down to about Birmingham for distance. If anyone has any ideas or knows anywhere I could apply please let me know! I have one choice left on UCAS and want to make it count. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by goodmorningworld
Any idea any places that have BBB history courses? I've had offers for two of my choices (ABB and ABC) and also have a guaranteed offer of ABB for Durham because I did Supported Progression (yay!! :biggrin:) but I've been looking for an insurance place that specifically asks for 3 B's to be extra careful and can't find anywhere...

As background, I live in the North of England and am most interested in places in Scotland and England down to about Birmingham for distance. If anyone has any ideas or knows anywhere I could apply please let me know! I have one choice left on UCAS and want to make it count. :smile:

A quick search on here http://www.whatuni.com/degrees/courses/degree-courses/history-degree-courses-united-kingdom/history/m/united+kingdom/united+kingdom/25/0/0/0/r/0/1/0/uc/a_level/0a*-0a-3b-0c-0d-0e/page.html

came up with Dundee, Stirling, Keele (ABB-BBB) & Aberdeen that meet your criteria

Thank you, I'll have a look at all of them :biggrin: I tried searching on Ucas.com and that didn't work well, this site looks easier to use.
Reply 3
Thank you, I'll have a look at all of them :biggrin: I tried searching on Ucas.com and that didn't work well, this site looks easier to use.

UCAS isn't great if you are only after unis within a certain grade range. The only downside with what uni is that it comes up with related courses e.g. Ancient History and Archaelogy so check the course.
Original post by jelly1000
UCAS isn't great if you are only after unis within a certain grade range. The only downside with what uni is that it comes up with related courses e.g. Ancient History and Archaelogy so check the course.

I noticed that - there were lots of language courses (wish I was bilingual but sadly I'm not), thanks again :smile:
Hull only asks for BBB these days and the History department is more or less the best one in the uni and has some very well renowned academics working there and I have been loving my time here.
Original post by Charliemouse
Hull only asks for BBB these days and the History department is more or less the best one in the uni and has some very well renowned academics working there and I have been loving my time here.

Thanks :smile: I'll definitely have a look - do you mind me asking, do you go there? If you do, do you like it?
Thanks :smile: I'll definitely have a look - do you mind me asking, do you go there? If you do, do you like it?

Yes I am second year there and I love it and I can't really think of any complaints about the course or the uni.

If you have any other questions fell free to ask.
Original post by Charliemouse
Yes I am second year there and I love it and I can't really think of any complaints about the course or the uni.

If you have any other questions fell free to ask.

What modules did you do in first year, where there any you really loved/hated more than the rest? :smile:
For my first year I did Exploring the Past which gave me a great overview of history from Medieval times to the present day, 20th century dictators which was was really interesting, From Bosworth to Yorktown which is well worth doing as the lecturer for it is easily the best one I have had since starting Uni. I also did the Making of Europe which gives you a great foundation on the Medieval period on topics like feudalism and the founding of government. Intro to USA which was pretty good, gave a nice introduction to American history and the lecturer was really engaging as well. The only module I did which i didn't like was Class,Status and Culture as the lecturer was really dull and the topic itself sent me to sleep most weeks.
Manchester met want BBB and Leeds met want 300 ucas points, which equates to the same as 3 B's. Hull is a good uni though and the only reason i haven't applied is because i already live in Hull!
leeds met offers BBB
Reply 12
Northumbria is BBB I think , not sure how 'good' it is thought of as a uni but I'm putting it as my insurance too
Original post by tshirtsuntan
Manchester met want BBB and Leeds met want 300 ucas points, which equates to the same as 3 B's. Hull is a good uni though and the only reason i haven't applied is because i already live in Hull!

What's it like living in Hull - do you like living there at the minute until you move away for uni?
History, Literature & Culture - Brighton - BBB

History (single and joint degree) - Swansea - BBC

History - Oxford Brookes (single or joint subject) -BBB

History (single or joint subject) - Worcester - 280 points

History (single of joint subject) - Bath Spa - 260 points
What's it like living in Hull - do you like living there at the minute until you move away for uni?

oops sorry, only just seen this but Hull's a great city! i think it's quite a small city in comparison to others with big unis but it's great, definitely don't believe the reputation that its scummy because it isn't at all :smile:
I would stay here if i didn't wanna move away from home tbh
Got an offer of BBB to study history at Edinburgh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending