The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7240
Uni says to people dress casual but if someone wears trackies then what you can do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
Same haha, some of them are so weird :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like that one :wink:

Another weird one was my sisters:

It's beautiful XXX, no YYY it's called Egypt.

:rofl:
What do I wear at an open day interview? :biggrin:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Pffft, it look you long enough. I mean, we've only been ahead of you for, what, over a year? I guess we finally decided to let you have a little turn :smug:

:facepalm:

We were ahead of you when we were in year 10, 11 and 13 (you guys didn't even make a year 9 thread :sigh:). So overall, we're far more awesome :yes:

Original post by -bethan-
I'm sorry mate, do ya wanna fight? Do ya? :colonhash:

Spoiler

:ahee:
Original post by usycool1

We were ahead of you when we were in year 10, 11 and 13 (you guys didn't even make a year 9 thread :sigh:). So overall, we're far more awesome :yes:

Oh yeah, you guys totally had a year 9 thread :sly: . And besides, your year 11 thread was just a continuation of your year 10 one, we started fresh :tongue:
Reply 7245

Is that what I think it is ...
:unimpressed::eek:

Spoiler

:ahee:

Original post by Blueray2
What do I wear at an open day interview? :biggrin:

Smart casual should be fine. Suit trousers, and a long sleeve shirt should suffice (as well as smart shoes)
Original post by Qari
Uni says to people dress casual but if someone wears trackies then what you can do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'd probably leave a bad impression and it could put the uni off you.
Original post by lucine.B
Aww! Good luck, I've already done mine :smile: Was bloody easy hehe. Didn't even revise or whatever :teehee:

Thank you :smile: I've been told that, but I just want to be sure
Reply 7248
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Smart casual should be fine. Suit trousers, and a long sleeve shirt should suffice (as well as smart shoes)

You'd probably leave a bad impression and it could put the uni off you.

Oh sorry never finished it. i mean that is why casual is messed up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
Oh sorry never finished it. i mean that is why casual is messed up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see, tbh, always go for smart casual as a general rule
Reply 7250
Oh I see, tbh, always go for smart casual as a general rule

what is smart casual?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
what is smart casual?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically suit trousers with a shirt and smart shoes. Although a bit more casual is acceptable
Keep having doubts about my course now :frown: Thinking I should have stuck with the Combined Honours in History and Biology, I hate this feeling :frown: I want to do Anthropology, I just can't see myself doing what I want with it when the jobs in it are minimal :frown: It's so difficult deciding what to do, I don't feel old enough to make these kind of choices :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Oh yeah, you guys totally had a year 9 thread :sly: . And besides, your year 11 thread was just a continuation of your year 10 one, we started fresh :tongue:

:punct:

It's OK Tails, I know you're bitter :console:

Original post by -bethan-

:own3d:
Original post by Lucy96
Keep having doubts about my course now :frown: Thinking I should have stuck with the Combined Honours in History and Biology, I hate this feeling :frown: I want to do Anthropology, I just can't see myself doing what I want with it when the jobs in it are minimal :frown: It's so difficult deciding what to do, I don't feel old enough to make these kind of choices :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Come on Lucy, there's not much point in thinking like that. :no: I think you're getting slightly ahead of yourself....you have three offers already, and it's a course that you like and that's pretty much the most important thing. :biggrin: From what I've read, graduate employability can change a lot in a short period of time, so perhaps it's best not to worry about that too much atm. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7255
Basically suit trousers with a shirt and smart shoes. Although a bit more casual is acceptable

That sounds like my school uniform lol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
That sounds like my school uniform lol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have to wear uniform? :tongue:

I'm sure you'll be fine! Good luck :biggrin:
Come on Lucy, there's not much point in thinking like that. :no: I think you're getting slightly ahead of yourself....you have three offers already, and it's a course that you like and that's pretty much the most important thing. :biggrin: From what I've read, graduate employability can change a lot in a short period of time, so perhaps it's not best to worry about that too much atm. :smile:

I suppose so :frown: when a university says "Biology A level required, A level Chemistry is useful", would I just get rejected straight away because I have an E? I don't know why I'm asking as I probably will stick with my course...I'm just considering all of my options in case :wink: True, it does sound perfect, especially as I can do biology modules, but still :colondollar: I hope so :redface: thank you so much :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You have to wear uniform? :tongue:

I think he means a suit. Do you not??? Lucky you!
We have to dress completely smart, get sent home if we don't. Not that that's much of a punishment... :tongue:

Latest