The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medicine Applicants 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by georginaj94
Yes, but I meant it's part of the interview process as a whole.
The actual interview part, where we speak to the interviewer, is solely questions based on the ethical scenario (I think).

I'm really not sure.. So where might we get 'why medicine' and 'why plymouth' questions? Ah so nervous!!
Reply 181
I thought it was first half we answer the questionnaire and then the second half will be questions on the ehtical dilemmas we were given to choose from?

But we only choose one ethical dilemma before the interview so would we spend 20 minutes talking solely on that dilemma?
Reply 182
Got an interview in February today :smile:
Reply 183
Original post by lara_08
Got an interview in February today :smile:

Grad applicant or international ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
as people are getting interviews in feb, do you think we will only get offers around march?
Original post by mutlibd1

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got mine in February. Got the invite today and I'm neither a grad or international applicant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 186
Original post by Pizza King
I got mine in February. Got the invite today and I'm neither a grad or international applicant

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok it's weird for them to send out invites in feb nao lol congrats anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 187
Original post by MichaelJoshua47
I'm applying to bsms, Exeter and Southhampton! Yourself? Ey least we know a little more this time round :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I'm applying to the exact same uni's as you! :smile:
Reply 188
Original post by Sleepy123
Hey guys!

I know someone has already posted about this but I am a first year at Plymouth. If you have any questions about anything I will try and answer them for you. On grades/ UKCAT/ resits students in my year/ gap year students/ uni transfer students now/ clearing/ PBL! Anything!

I can try and give advice about interviews because i'm pretty sure they're coming up. (They were in November last year)..

Just saying Plymouth is amazing! I love it so much!

Good luck :biggrin:

I have a question about the interview..:smile: Don't worry im not going to ask for questions but I'm a bit confused on what I'm expecting. Is it a written questionnaire e.g. dealing with stress, hard decision you've made... Then choose ethical dilemma then the actual interview where they ask questions on the dilemma and then are there other questions not about the ethical scenario or is the talking all about the scenario? Hope this makes sense!
Reply 189
Reply 190
Original post by mutlibd1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope I am a local student :smile: and still in A2
Original post by sammy137
But we only choose one ethical dilemma before the interview so would we spend 20 minutes talking solely on that dilemma?

I think so..
If you look at the beginning of the thread someone said that they don't even ask you why medicine and questions like that..

All that I am sure of is that first half we answer a questionnaire and then the second half deals with the ethical scenario. 20 minutes does go by quite fast especially in this kind of stressful situation :tongue:
Does anyone know if I change the date for my interview, would I be at a disadvantage?
Reply 193
I think so..
If you look at the beginning of the thread someone said that they don't even ask you why medicine and questions like that..

All that I am sure of is that first half we answer a questionnaire and then the second half deals with the ethical scenario. 20 minutes does go by quite fast especially in this kind of stressful situation :tongue:

Okay that's true :smile: thank you!
Original post by Tea is for mugs
Does anyone know if I change the date for my interview, would I be at a disadvantage?

I called them and asked to change the date. They said that if I do not attend the date they give me they can't guarantee me another interview slot.
I would advise against changing your date unless you have a really really good reason not to attend :wink:
Reply 195
I have a question about the interview..:smile: Don't worry im not going to ask for questions but I'm a bit confused on what I'm expecting. Is it a written questionnaire e.g. dealing with stress, hard decision you've made... Then choose ethical dilemma then the actual interview where they ask questions on the dilemma and then are there other questions not about the ethical scenario or is the talking all about the scenario? Hope this makes sense!

There is a written questionnaire mostly about yourself from what I remember and the 3 ethical issues which you look over and choose one. You will be given time before the interview to do this.

In the interview they will ask you questions on your chosen scenario for about 5/10 minutes or so and then ask other questions for the rest of the interview. Don't get too hung up on it all :smile:
Reply 196
I have missed out on the alleged ukcat cut off by 20 points but met the subset cutoffs. I know and have seen people that have said they got rejections within past week, yet I haven't. Is there a reason why or should I hold out hope for an interview somehow haha.
Reply 197
Yes, but I meant it's part of the interview process as a whole.
The actual interview part, where we speak to the interviewer, is solely questions based on the ethical scenario (I think).

No this is not the case. The ethical scenario only forms part of the interview. If you have a look at my post from before, I've described what they ask in the interview.

You fill out the questionnaire just before the interview in a quiet room. Unfortunately, it was a long time ago so I don't remember all the questions. There was a question about current issues affecting the NHS.

No science questions! And as they don't know anything about you before you go in, there won't be any questions about your PS.

Regarding 'why Plymouth', at least have some idea about how PBL works and be able to say why you would prefer it over a more traditional course. I was asked this in my interview. This is important for applying here anyway... PBL is hard, it requires a lot of self-discipline. You won't be spoon fed AT ALL at Peninsula!

Don't worry about the ethical scenario, it's just common sense.

You should have a look at newmediamedicine, there's a very popular thread in the Peninsula section by iceman_johndoe which goes through the interview (and helped me when applying).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 198
I'm really not sure.. So where might we get 'why medicine' and 'why plymouth' questions? Ah so nervous!!

Don't worry, no 'why medicine' questions! Very few people actually know how to answer this question without it sounding painfully cliched anyway =p
Reply 199
Original post by oreilly96
I have missed out on the alleged ukcat cut off by 20 points but met the subset cutoffs. I know and have seen people that have said they got rejections within past week, yet I haven't. Is there a reason why or should I hold out hope for an interview somehow haha.

Hi mate,
So sorry to hear about that.

Just thought i'd reply to this and say:
last year, people who weren't in the first batch of interviews (november) didn't receive any notification via email/ucas.
They went on to receive a letter in january 2014, saying that they had been unsuccessful and asking them if they wanted their Plymouth Medicine choice on UCAS to be changed to another science-related degree.

however, this year two (or one. not sure) TSR users have posted saying they recently received interviews for Feb 2014. (not sure if they had passed UKCAT or not)
So I think there still may be hope for you!!!

but also wanted to add, don't let one rejection push you down. Remember, 1 offer is all it takes :smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest