The Student Room Group

EPQ or better grades?

Scroll to see replies

One thing to consider, are you applying to universities that consider it? I did the EPQ (albeit in Year 12) and got an A, this lowered my offer for one of my choices by a full A-level grade and was easier to achieve than an A2 level obviously. :biggrin:

If you're not enjoying it, aren't gaining materially from it and aren't applying to a similar subject, if it isn't on your UCAS just drop it :smile:
Original post by goodmorningworld
One thing to consider, are you applying to universities that consider it? I did the EPQ (albeit in Year 12) and got an A, this lowered my offer for one of my choices by a full A-level grade and was easier to achieve than an A2 level obviously. :biggrin:

If you're not enjoying it, aren't gaining materially from it and aren't applying to a similar subject, if it isn't on your UCAS just drop it :smile:

All universities consider it. They might not officially state it, but they do all like it. There's no reason not to like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SoggyTractor
All universities consider it. They might not officially state it, but they do all like it. There's no reason not to like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean like consider it as equivalent to a grade :smile: My offer is ABC with EPQ and an access to uni scheme thingy or ABB with EPQ (standard offer AAB).

None of my offers so far are including it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charlieejobson
None of my offers so far are including it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not an expert (so don't be certain on this at all!) but I think if it's on your UCAS as something your doing you either have to do it to any standard or tell them you aren't completing. Not sure, just know it's something I'm doing with an Arts qualification. :colondollar:
I'm not an expert (so don't be certain on this at all!) but I think if it's on your UCAS as something your doing you either have to do it to any standard or tell them you aren't completing. Not sure, just know it's something I'm doing with an Arts qualification. :colondollar:

I know, that's what my college said. I think I'm just going to have to keep it, possibly do it all during the Christmas holidays. I'm not going to let it effect my other subjects tho.
I was told if I now tell the universities I'm not doing it, they may take back the offers they've already given me?
Original post by charlieejobson
I know, that's what my college said. I think I'm just going to have to keep it, possibly do it all during the Christmas holidays. I'm not going to let it effect my other subjects tho.

I'm sure you'll be fine doing it over Xmas. I finished the work for mine (the project itself) by November of Year 12 because I loved the subject so much and spent the rest of the year slowly doing the logbook/presentation and evaluation essay. You'll be fine! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest