The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Stevan Ridley and his fumblitis continues. Hes so damn frustrating, the way he runs means hes gonna cough it up often...
The packers are showing that they are no longer a quality side. Take Rodgers out of the team and they are dreadful. You can't build a franchise on 1 (admittedly incredible) QB.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7482
Original post by Sammy Lanka
The packers are showing that they are no longer a quality side. Take Rodgers out of the team and they are dreadful. You can't build a franchise on 1 (admittedly incredible) QB.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So the saints, Broncos, patriots would all top their division without their stud qbs?
Was down by 1.xx points up to the very last play in the TSR-League, against a team with Tom Brady.
I call it fate.
Original post by ..DT..
So the saints, Broncos, patriots would all top their division without their stud qbs?

Haha true no way they would only team I could see doing that is the patriots because our division is so bad :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7485
Original post by Malevolent

So ****ed by the refs in the Jets game and then ****ed in this game. :rolleyes:

We could and should be 9-1 but the absolute jokes they call the ref ****ed up not once but twice. :angry:

Its not a pass interference! Look at the safety, the ball is uncatchable even by Gronk and I don't think that comes into it, in that scenario! Gronk's going backwards wihout Kuechly's? Help, its a pick or at least a tip even without blocking.
Meh, refereeing decisions have a way of evening out. It seems harsh now, and we can argue back and forth, but it's done now. Pats should really have put that game to bed earlier :wink:

Now I think it is time to start playoff picks.

I think... AFC division winners will be Colts, Bengals, Broncos, Patriots. Then the first wildcard will obvs be the Chiefs. I'd say Steelers as the other but I could see the Dolphins or Titans getting it.

NFC division winners will be Seahawks, Saints, Eagles, Bears (they have a pretty easy run-in). Then the 49ers and Panthers as wildcards.

I'm predicting Seahawks v. Broncos at the Superbowl... but a lot still to go in the season! :sogood:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
Its not a pass interference! Look at the safety, the ball is uncatchable even by Gronk and I don't think that comes into it, in that scenario! Gronk's going backwards wihout Kuechly's? Help, its a pick or at least a tip even without blocking.

It is he grabbed Gronkowski even before the pass was thrown there should have been two flags thrown.

Mike Pereira has even said the officials screwed it up. kuelchy didn't even bother looking for the ball he just bear hugged Gronkowski.
(edited 10 years ago)

Drew Brees neck just... extends :gasp:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ..DT..

I never said that they should be topping their division but if you look at Chicago and Philadelphia they are winning games with a back up QB.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7490
I never said that they should be topping their division but if you look at Chicago and Philadelphia they are winning games with a back up QB.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The pinnacle of those 2 teams is their run games. So no, that really bears (no pun intended) no relevance.
Chicago seem to always have a stage in the season where they don't have Cutler. Only this year, Green Bay also have to make do with a back up QB, the Vikings are nowhere and Detroit is maddeningly inconsistant. That said, McGowen is a great fit for Chicago: he doesn't take risks which is very important. As for Philadelphia, Vick was always going to get injured at some point, but Foles has really upped his game form last year, and is now a defacto starter. Even if Vick gets healthy, he's not going to be the starter. As for backups, how about Case Keenum? Very pleasantly suprised with his game. Despite the pick in the last game, he was getting into form and he didn't deserve to be replaced with Matt Schaub literally throwing the game away in the red zone.

As for the New England Game, the game was lost not on that play call but because the pats did not make the most of their chances. They were going for it on 4th down rather than kicking for 3 points in the second quarter (though one of them came off because Carolina were penalised, giving brady an extra set of downs) and Ridley's fumble. Personally, regarding that call, it was uncatchable because brady underthrew it. Had it been remotely near Gronkowski, it would have been PI, and the Pats would've had a play from the 1yd line.

But the little things make the difference in any game. And I would much prefer to appriciate Cam Newton's genius in that game. The run where he seemed to go back and back, maze through 4 patriots and run like 30 yards to get the first down and extend the drive. And Cam Newton wasn't bad with his arm either!

As for the Broncos game, I think the Broncos defence really stepped it up, and put the rest of the league on notice. The forced fumble to get Manning back on the field immedietely after the offense fumbled was a key turning point in the game. Two back to back SNF games, means two chances to impress the nation. The game at Foxboro should be very good indeed.
uppp
NFL refs funny saying the refs didn't make the wrong decision but neither did they make the correct one.
Lol at all the pats fans moaning. Plenty of questionable calls go their way. Yes it was probably a bad call but that's how it goes. Deal with it and move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol at all the pats fans moaning. Plenty of questionable calls go their way. Yes it was probably a bad call but that's how it goes. Deal with it and move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

2 calls this season that have ****ed us over. Haters gonna hate. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah what about the no call in the Super Bowl. What about the game last year in Seattle. Refs are human and make mistakes. Get over it. You shouldn't be relying on the refs to make the right call for you to be able to win

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pats fans have had so many ridiculous calls in their favour over the years. Tommy isn't very terrific any more. Now you know how Man U feel without Fergie
Getting Dennard and Gregory back this week would be a real boost...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hedgeman49
Pats fans have had so many ridiculous calls in their favour over the years. Tommy isn't very terrific any more. Now you know how Man U feel without Fergie

Tom Brady was fine? :lol:

Even with Tommy being "crappy" yet we could be 9-1 :rolleyes:

Mike Smith has to be fired...

Latest