The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by Lilyhannah
Congrats! :smile: Is this for the Bsc or the Msci? How long ago did you send off your application?
Also do you mind me asked what your predicteds are? (sorry for all the questions, I'm waiting to hear!)

Thank you :smile: It's the Bsc and I sent it on the 8th of October haha! No worries! My predicted are A*A*A
(edited 10 years ago)
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by Lucy_95
They took exactly 6 weeks for me but that was the biosciences department :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

6 weeks! There is still hope yet..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by helloyou
I think it must depend department-department, but I only applied Friday 8th November, got a confirmation email Monday 12th November and got an offer today - Tuesday 19th, so 8 days after receiving the confirmation email. BA Geography with Year Abroad, that is!

Well done!

I think my strategy is now to forget I ever applied to university and casually check my email on Friday nights.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 503
Original post by StevenGreeen
Thanks for the link! My GCSE's aren't amazing so I doubt that I'll be offered an unconditional, I got 4 A*s, 3 As, 2 Bs and 2 Cs!!! I've applied for York, Leicester and Nottingham as well, with Notts being my favourite so far, and I've got an offer from UEA (ABB)!

My UCS was only submitted a week ago so it'll probably be a few more weeks before I hear from the rest. Good luck with your other offers!! :smile:

Your GCSE's are really good! :smile: I think I preferred Birmingham's course because it's just literature and not lit and eng language, as opposed to the others I applied for :L plus I only live like 45 mins from birmingham so I will be able to come home easily when I want to! :smile: thanks and good luck with Nottingham and the other unis! :smile: x
Original post by lilkeys
Ahh congrats! when did you send in your application if you dont mind me asking? Waiting for a reply on English myself!

Thank you. My school sent out my application last Monday and I got my offer yesterday so it took about a week. Good luck!
I've received a conditional offer for English with creative writing and it says this, "This offer is subject to you obtaining International Baccalaureate (Diploma) A total of 36 points including Higher Level 6 - English Please supply a copy of your passport personal details page that you will be using to apply for your Tier 4 student visa. You can scan and email this to the named contact on your offer letter." Does this mean I have to submit the photo now or after I get the grades? Also, I'm an international student who holds a British passport, doesn't that mean that I don't need a visa?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Wintabix
Thank you :smile: It's the Bsc and I sent it on the 8th of October haha! No worries! My predicted are A*A*A

Literally got an offer for the Msci just after I commented this haha! Ooh impressive :smile: well looks like I may be seeing you there...
Reply 507
Original post by Lilyhannah
Literally got an offer for the Msci just after I commented this haha! Ooh impressive :smile: well looks like I may be seeing you there...

Well done!
Reply 508
Anyone here applying/applied for economics? Anyone got an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 509
Original post by RunningInHeels
How long does Birmingham take to reply on average? The wait is horrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They replied to me in 2 weeks with an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applying to do chemical engineering, got an interview for the 22nd of January. Has anyone else already had or is going to have an interview?
Reply 511
Original post by RunningInHeels
I've applied twice! One for philosophy, religion and ethics, second for just philosophy. I really really want to get into the PRE programme! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well fingers crossed for you! I'm waiting for English myself, I only sent my app off two weeks ago but I'm so impatient! Birmingham will most probably be my firm if I get an offer though, which is making the wait even worse haha. Where else have you applied?
Reply 512
Original post by bookluva4eva
Thank you. My school sent out my application last Monday and I got my offer yesterday so it took about a week. Good luck!

Thank you!
Reply 513
Have loads of people been getting unconditional offers from Bham for economics? Has anyone got a offer recently (last few days)? I haven't heard back for them yet :frown:(. Has anyone got conditional offers from Bham?
Original post by veidar45
Hey, anyone with an offer for Computer Science (with industrial year) yet?

I applied for Bsc Computer Science with Artificial intellegence with an industrial year, and got an invite today for the interview/visit day
Reply 515
Offer for Policy, Politics and Economics :smile:
Reply 516
anyone got an offer under the unconditional offer scheme??
Reply 517
Original post by MillyGigg
anyone got an offer under the unconditional offer scheme??

I have for biochemistry with a year in industry :smile: what course are you applying for?
I've just got an unconditional for English Literature with Creative Writing at UoB, which I'm 100% accepting! I'm so excited!!!! Also, it took them just over a month to get back to me, so don't worry if you're waiting for a while. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 519
I got an unconditional for Business and Management with a year in industry!

Quick Reply

Latest