The Student Room Group

High quality women - what is you standard in determining this? Personality vs looks

Personally for me, I really value personality, a lot. I cannot stand the reality tv obssessed types of women and those who play stuck up posh (usually the delusional middle class who think they have money when in reality Mum and Dad are saddled with debt). I am friends with a lot of old Eton lads and they are some of the most normal guys I know, same goes with the girls from the very prestigious schools. I find the stuck up people tend to be the alumni from the lesser schools (i.e. the ordinary independent schools like the one I went to) just based on my personal experiences. Even if the girl is a 10 in looks I would not be attracted. Yes, I would have sex with them because physically they are attractive but otherwise I would totally ignore them because they are just ... wrong.

I think my ideal high quality woman would be intellectually challenging, witty, kind-hearted. It also helps if she is interested in literature, history , politics, world affairs (passionate about areas like these). I am very attracted with women who flirt in a refined way instead of the usual drunken dialogue that occurs around nightclubs. I honestly struggle to find girls who fit into these preferences.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Posh girls?

Nahhhhh

I'm into my eastern European women
Reply 2
When do women ever pretend to be posh? They're obviously not doing a very good job of it... You might want to change your preferences too. Most women do not flirt in a refined way, drunkenly grinding against you is not refined. And if you want an intellectual who is interested in world affairs, politics etc, you're wasting your time. The ones I know wouldn't even know one thing about politics, one didn't even know who the prime minister was.
Reply 3
Original post by thoyub
When do women ever pretend to be posh? They're obviously not doing a very good job of it... You might want to change your preferences too. Most women do not flirt in a refined way, drunkenly grinding against you is not refined. And if you want an intellectual who is interested in world affairs, politics etc, you're wasting your time. The ones I know wouldn't even know one thing about politics, one didn't even know who the prime minister was.

They don't pretend, if you went to Rodean/Wycombe Abbey/SPGS and are the daughter of some landed family you are posh, ovaries or no ovaries.

One girl I know wants to be PM, and works as a SpAd so on the way, and could tell you a lot about politics. That doesn't invalidate your experience, but shows that, lo and behold, experience is not empirical.
Reply 4
High quality women?

To me, that would be someone who respected themselves. Someone who has their **** together, and finds it easier not to have the same problems as the other girls always seem to have..
Probably has a nice family unit, close friends, etc. don't feel the need to be anything other than pleasant to most people because they've carried a minimum amount of bitterness in their own lives.
They never feel the need to be anyone but themselves because that's always been good enough.
Knows what they want, and has interests and things that set her apart from being a paper-cut version of anything.

Looks are obviously important as well- nothing wrong with being overweight, but it does suggest that you could be taking more care of yourself..at least while you're young.
Reply 5
Original post by Tridentus
High quality women?

To me, that would be someone who respected themselves. Someone who has their **** together, and finds it easier not to have the same problems as the other girls always seem to have..
Probably has a nice family unit, close friends, etc. don't feel the need to be anything other than pleasant to most people because they've carried a minimum amount of bitterness in their own lives.
They never feel the need to be anyone but themselves because that's always been good enough.
Knows what they want, and has interests and things that set her apart from being a paper-cut version of anything.

Looks are obviously important as well- nothing wrong with being overweight, but it does suggest that you could be taking more care of yourself..at least while you're young.

Why are any of the above (apart from looks, but then again a lot of their lives revolve around superficiality and tv reflected behaviour) so rare? It really is not much to ask for.
Do you ever feel like people just become robots at some point in their lives and everyone is just the bloody same? I hate the group think. Same applies to guys too tbh.
Reply 6
Original post by Le Nombre
They don't pretend, if you went to Rodean/Wycombe Abbey/SPGS and are the daughter of some landed family you are posh, ovaries or no ovaries.

One girl I know wants to be PM, and works as a SpAd so on the way, and could tell you a lot about politics. That doesn't invalidate your experience, but shows that, lo and behold, experience is not empirical.

Doesn't auto imply wealth, it just implies they come from a certain lineage, which tbh, if you brag about, it is pretty sad.
(edited 10 years ago)
*Sigh* not another persona vs looks thread..
Original post by Mr_Vain
Why are any of the above (apart from looks, but then again a lot of their lives revolve around superficiality and tv reflected behaviour) so rare? It really is not much to ask for.
Do you ever feel like people just become robots at some point in their lives and everyone is just the bloody same? I hate the group think. Same applies to guys too tbh.

Original post by Mr_Vain
Personally for me, I really value personality, a lot. I cannot stand the reality tv obssessed types of women and those who play stuck up posh (usually the delusional middle class who think they have money when in reality Mum and Dad are saddled with debt). I am friends with a lot of old Eton lads and they are some of the most normal guys I know, same goes with the girls from the very prestigious schools. I find the stuck up people tend to be the alumni from the lesser schools (i.e. the ordinary independent schools like the one I went to) just based on my personal experiences. Even if the girl is a 10 in looks I would not be attracted. Yes, I would have sex with them because physically they are attractive but otherwise I would totally ignore them because they are just ... wrong.

I think my ideal high quality woman would be intellectually challenging, witty, kind-hearted. It also helps if she is interested in literature, history , politics, world affairs (passionate about areas like these). I am very attracted with women who flirt in a refined way instead of the usual drunken dialogue that occurs around nightclubs. I honestly struggle to find girls who fit into these preferences.

They aren't rare. But what you see are a lot of girls who are trying to fit in at Uni - yes they go clubbing, but they got into Uni for a reason. They're smart. If you spoke about topics that you admire to these girls outside of the club you'd probably get some decent opinions and have a decent conversation. It's a case of people wanting to have friends; you go to the club to meet people and to have a night out. It's rare to find a girl who lives for the club. They have lives outside of there.

Personally, my clubbing days are over. I matured out of it and I've now found my nights out are in pubs and at friends' houses, or going skating, out for dinner, and to films. I'm guessing that most of these "lesser" women are also interested in doing those things and having good conversations instead of drunkenly grinding. Don't write off the majority of a gender based on what you've seen in clubs, where of course women are drinking heavily and dancing against men who (gasp!) are doing the same thing!

I wouldn't call it group think. I'd call it a night out. There's more to a person than Friday night, and a lot of judgmental people on TSR can't seem to get over the typical student's Friday night.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by canadamoose

They aren't rare. But what you see are a lot of girls who are trying to fit in at Uni - yes they go clubbing, but they got into Uni for a reason. They're smart. If you spoke about topics that you admire to these girls outside of the club you'd probably get some decent opinions and have a decent conversation. It's a case of people wanting to have friends; you go to the club to meet people and to have a night out. It's rare to find a girl who lives for the club. They have lives outside of there.

Personally, my clubbing days are over. I matured out of it and I've now found my nights out are in pubs and at friends' houses, or going skating, out for dinner, and to films. I'm guessing that most of these "lesser" women are also interested in doing those things and having good conversations instead of drunkenly grinding. Don't write off the majority of a gender based on what you've seen in clubs, where of course women are drinking heavily and dancing against men who (gasp!) are doing the same thing!

I wouldn't call it group think. I'd call it a night out. There's more to a person than Friday night, and a lot of judgmental people on TSR can't seem to get over the typical student's Friday night.

I would love to be as optimistic as you are.
Original post by Mr_Vain
I would love to be as optimistic as you are.

It's not optimism, it's common sense. People don't live in the club. The club happens once or twice a week (maybe three times) if said girl is really into clubbing. What do you think they do for the remaining hours of the week? They aren't robots, they don't just shut off when they're at home, University, the shops, or with friends. There are lives outside of the club. If you don't make the effort to get to know someone in an environment that doesn't involve what I like to call "mmps mmps" music, then you can't rightfully claim that your pessimism has any basis in fact.

Throughout my years outside of high school, I haven't had a hard time finding friends with interests outside of clubbing. They're all incredibly smart people with skills and preferences that make them entertaining and stimulating people. Yes, they go clubbing on occasion, but I choose to hang out with them in other venues.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by canadamoose
It's not optimism, it's common sense. People don't live in the club. The club happens once or twice a week (maybe three times) if said girl is really into clubbing. What do you think they do for the remaining hours of the week? They aren't robots, they don't just shut off when they're at home, University, the shops, or with friends. There are lives outside of the club. If you don't make the effort to get to know someone in an environment that doesn't involve what I like to call "mmps mmps" music, then you can't rightfully claim that your pessimism has any basis in fact.

I'd say the vast majority of women are as vacuous as I claim them to be.

Most women I know are the most boring people in existence. They shop, they talk about Made in Chelsea, then they go out. Having lived with a lot of women and dated a few myself, I can claim what I am saying with some empirical proof. But since you are so adamant on defending womankind then i will let you have your empty rhetorical victory on the basis that i have no interest in talking about this with you since this thread was primarily aimed at men.

And you live in Canada, a different country. You are ignorant about the culture of the UK if you believe that what I say is not true.

"Home, university, shops, friends": they laze around and bitch about who they do not like, they then go to university because they have to. They shop because that is just what they want to do all of the time. And then they party. If this is not largely accurate then sue me. Maybe they will have an hour or so of cultured time because it looks nice on the cv, but it is just so ungenuine.
(edited 10 years ago)
personality comes first, of course you have to be in some ways attracted to them as well
Original post by Mr_Vain

Most women I know are the most boring people in existence. They shop, they talk about Made in Chelsea, then they go out. Having lived with a lot of women and dated a few myself, I can claim what I am saying with some empirical proof. But since you are so adamant on defending womankind then i will let you have your empty rhetorical victory on the basis that i have no interest in talking about this with you since this thread was primarily aimed at men.

If the women you know all have interests that lie solely in shopping, Made in Chelsea, and going out, then I pity you and your inability to notice the abundance of women who would be more compatible with your tastes. They aren't hard to find. As I've said, my proof is that I have loads of friends from both England and Canada (among other places) who meet your criteria, and haven't had any issues seeking them out.

I'd also like to point out that I have lived in England, so I am not ignorant of your culture, thank you very much.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Mr_Vain

I'm as you described in your last paragraph, it's hard to find guys who are looking for that :frown: maybe some do, but tend to go for the easier option. I don't know. I wish I could find a guy like you in person. :redface: I can't find anybody willing to debate with except for my father, professor and threads on this site:colone:
Reply 15
Original post by Mr_Vain

And you live in Canada, a different country. You are ignorant about the culture of the UK if you believe that what I say is not true.

"Home, university, shops, friends": they laze around and bitch about who they do not like, they then go to university because they have to. They shop because that is just what they want to do all of the time. And then they party. If this is not largely accurate then sue me. Maybe they will have an hour or so of cultured time because it looks nice on the cv, but it is just so ungenuine.

You're associating yourself with the wrong type of woman then. The girls I'm close to are nothing like you say. They club occasionally but are very driven and cultured, not to be pretentious or meet some sort of quota, are into outdoor sports, talented and are *gasp* very very attractive. You need to branch out a little.
Reply 16
Given OP's sexist attitude, I for one am entirely unsurprised he has been unable to find a suitable partner. Confirmation bias, much?

Sue me. :cool:
Olivier Giroud :'D :smile::colondollar: <3
Reply 18
I think a Filipino lady would be right up your street.
Reply 19
Original post by SoftPunch
I think a Filipino lady would be right up your street.

I don't think they can read.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending