The Student Room Group

Fitness test clothing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Reply 41

What's confusing? You need to perform to x standard on your PJFT and then to another standard when on RTC.

Those standards are very clearly labeled. Look at your age group and then you can see what bleep test score you require and what amount of press ups and sit ups you require.
Reply 42
Original post by Drewski
What's confusing? You need to perform to x standard on your PJFT and then to another standard when on RTC.

Those standards are very clearly labeled. Look at your age group and then you can see what bleep test score you require and what amount of press ups and sit ups you require.

The confusion comes from various RAF sources saying different things. One says you need to complete 70% of push ups and press ups. While that link says 100%. Not a really a problem.
Reply 43
No idea where I saw 9.02 haha. I'm sure it'll be easy enough. Got another few month aswell to improve.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by Perryguy
The confusion comes from various RAF sources saying different things. One says you need to complete 70% of push ups and press ups. While that link says 100%. Not a really a problem.

Look at the headings for each chart.

One is the SFT - the Selection Fitness Test - the test you must take when going through the selection process.
One is the PJFT - the Pre-Joining Fitness Test - the test you take when getting ready for a place at Halton.
One is the RTC fitness test - the test you'll take when actually at Halton.

There are different requirements for each stage, that is why there are different charts.
Reply 45
Original post by Drewski
Look at the headings for each chart.

One is the SFT - the Selection Fitness Test - the test you must take when going through the selection process.
One is the PJFT - the Pre-Joining Fitness Test - the test you take when getting ready for a place at Halton.
One is the RTC fitness test - the test you'll take when actually at Halton.

There are different requirements for each stage, that is why there are different charts.

No sorry, my bad. The different between this link http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/applicationzone/airmen_airwomen_pjft.cfm and this link www.raf.mod.uk/careers/canijoin/fitness.cfm
Reply 46

Not sure where your confusion lies. One page lists all the different permutations, one page deals with just one area.

Nobody should be aiming 'for the minimum' anyway, so the lower end of the score is largely irrelevant. Get as fit as you can and pass as best you can.
Reply 47
Never mind mate. Just there are discrepancies between the PRTC sections.
Reply 48
Never mind mate. Just there are discrepancies between the PRTC sections.

The bleep test levels and press ups/sit ups are identical.
Reply 49
Yeah but it's this;
Link 1 100% RAFFT Pass 70% RAFFT Pass 70% RAFFT Pass
Link 2 100%RAFFTPass 100% RAFFT Pass 100%RAFFTPass
Reply 50
Yeah but it's this;
Link 1 100% RAFFT Pass 70% RAFFT Pass 70% RAFFT Pass
Link 2 100%RAFFTPass 100% RAFFT Pass 100%RAFFTPass

Ignore it. The minimum levels you need to get are the same across both charts. And, as I said, nobody should be aiming to scrape through on the minimum. If it says you need to get to 9.10, then train to hit 11. If it says you need to do 20 press ups, train yourself to do double.

Not rocket science.
Reply 51
When it comes to the RAF all Airmen require the same basic level of fitness.

No doubt. Point is that the minimum requirement should be well within easy reach and one shouldn't worry too much. If anything, post-Halton, it's likely that one will enter the culture of a waistline expanding ever outward.
Reply 52
This http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/00612/SNN11BORAT-280_612344a.jpg

LOL at me for getting a warning for posting a picture of Borat.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 53
I know they tell you what the minimum speed you have to run at in your fitness test to pass! But does anybody know what speed it is? I train outside and I'm planning on doing my first times treadmill run.... I was told it's like 7.5 miles per hour or something but correct me if I'm wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Original post by Rhys_Mayes
I know they tell you what the minimum speed you have to run at in your fitness test to pass! But does anybody know what speed it is? I train outside and I'm planning on doing my first times treadmill run.... I was told it's like 7.5 miles per hour or something but correct me if I'm wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

The absolute minimum speed necessarily to complete the distance in 11.11 minutes is 13KM/HR or just over 8MPH. Obviously, it is in your best interest to exceed this minimum.

To give you an idea, I started my own run at no slower than 14.5KM/HR or 10MPH, and sped up from there.
Reply 55
Ah that does not seem that bad :smile:, use to be soooo unfit but dragged my self out the door every day for like a month and recorded my best 1.5 mile time today at 8.45 :smile: so that doesn't sound to bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
You'll piss it with that score lol. But remember it's not competitive, when I did mine the girl who stood with me just said put it on 13.5km if you just want the pass, and I did it in 10:44. Also there was only a minute rest after the run till the push-ups and no rest at all between push-ups and sit-ups. So don't feel the need to go all out on the run and waste ya energy! Unless you can easy do all the push-ups n sit-ups aswell as a fast run!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Yeah I used to be athletic then stopped and got fat! But found it easy to get back into and now I'm smashing my pub every time I go out and I can do 50 of each easy enough... Ill probably just look for a 10 minute run time in the PJFT

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
I need to up my scored abit for prtc. Specially the sit-ups.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Just called the RAF. My PRTC date is 4th of March

Quick Reply

Latest